Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IS AGD still in business??

Yep they called me the other day and I have thus sent my Mag in to be brought up to speed. And to your question, yes I live in IL. Less than 3 miles from the address listed on AGD's website to be exact. Shipping was stupid cheap ;-)

Good to know! Maybe I should hit them up myself, I gotta order a few parts. Do you have an email, or is it phone only?

Quote Originally Posted by DESMO1198s View Post
    Wow just wanted to know if they were still around....So I finally left a phone msg and sent an email, got a response by email the next day, I responded back to it and got another response that same day. They called me on our agreed upon time and date, I got my Mag to them in quick order. They are going to give it a go rebuild & tune up $45 flat fee and I should have it back soon. When they give me a call that my Mag is ready, I will see if they can answer any of the questions I saw above...new parts, blue valves, etc... It would appear they are smaller than they were but I the short conversation O had with them it does sound like they are also smaller than the "hay day" but otherwise still alive and doing well. Will keep everyone posted.
    Last edited by boo; 11-14-2015 at 05:30 PM.

honestly thought it was common knowledge at this point that AGD was basically a garage shop, low overhead, service and parts company more than an in house gun manufacturing and development company.

i am often accused of 'throwing grenades' into threads, but really, this should be common knowledge among automag shooters. i assumed it was.

then its funny that everyone thinks for some reason i bring this up as an insult, or as a bad thing. when i'd prefer more of the old school gun companies had done the same thing. then parts and service for these great classic guns wouldn't be as hard to get, and they would be more like automags in that way.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    honestly thought it was common knowledge at this point that AGD was basically a garage shop, low overhead, service and parts company more than an in house gun manufacturing and development company.

i am often accused of 'throwing grenades' into threads, but really, this should be common knowledge among automag shooters. i assumed it was.

then its funny that everyone thinks for some reason i bring this up as an insult, or as a bad thing. when i'd prefer more of the old school gun companies had done the same thing. then parts and service for these great classic guns wouldn't be as hard to get, and they would be more like automags in that way.
    I do believe it is more your tactfulness with how you go about statements and discussion that causes more issues than it is stating that AGD is a very small company now.

You would think, but there are people in this thread that claim to know more about the subject then us that are claiming otherwise.

Its annoying because it gets my hopes up.

I would love to see a collaboration from Tuna, AGD, and Luke for a turnkey production pneumag marker using brand new parts. Branded and warranteed by AGD, available in a cool color pallet. Preferably with a macrolineless gas through frame and a hidden in frame LPR. And while we're at it, let it have a new body with ergonomics rivaling a modern speedball marker, with complex cosmetic milling turned out on a 5 axis mill.

So unless that's in the works, can we just admit that AGD is run out of someone's garage that has all the AGD new old stock and wont be making any new stock ever again and that Tom Kaye is not actually Santa Claus?
    Last edited by boo; 11-16-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    You would think, but there are people in this thread that claim to know more about the subject then us that are claiming otherwise.

Its annoying because it gets my hopes up.

I would love to see a collaboration from Tuna, AGD, and Luke for a turnkey production pneumag marker using brand new parts. Branded and warranteed by AGD, available in a cool color pallet. Preferably with a macrolineless gas through frame and a hidden in frame LPR. And while we're at it, let it have a new body with ergonomics rivaling a modern speedball marker, with complex cosmetic milling turned out on a 5 axis mill.

So unless that's in the works, can we just admit that AGD is run out of someone's garage that has all the AGD new old stock and wont be making any new stock ever again and that Tom Kaye is not actually Santa Claus?
    i dont think just because they are probably not going to make a pnumag of your dreams doesn't mean that AGD is only around because of NOS. besides, there are legal issues with making a production pnue gun. just because the company isn't making new style and technology production guns, doesn't mean they are not actively sourcing new parts, and replacing stock to keep these guns running, or taking repairs, servicing rental guns etc. i believe you can order brand new automags from them as well, they just make them one at a time and ship them out as needed.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-16-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    I do believe it is more your tactfulness with how you go about statements and discussion that causes more issues than it is stating that AGD is a very small company now.
    i think its an in group/out group social phenomena, as i've been told in this thread that i should have died in a terrorist attack, and that is considered ok, but the suggestion that AGD is a garage shop company is a bannable offense.

just depends on who says these things, not what is being said.

i dont think just because they are probably not going to make a pnumag of your dreams doesn't mean that AGD is only around because of NOS. besides, there are legal issues with making a production pnue gun. just because the company isn't making new style and technology production guns, doesn't mean they are not actively sourcing new parts, and replacing stock to keep these guns running, or taking repairs, servicing rental guns etc. i believe you can order brand new automags from them as well.
    I was saying this more in jest since Tuna got really defensive when it was claimed that AGD was a garage company, although I'd love to see a new marker from them.

Its not like PTP is doing all that well, I'm sure they'd give up the pneumag patent for a very affordable price. At least I know I wont get **** here for claiming PTP is not what it used to be, lol.

I shot an email to Roman asking about availability because I do want to get a ULE mag for spring.

I'm still not convinced they are making new parts, I mean it is totally feasible they have 30 years of inventory to keep them going until we're all too old to care. When they were in their glory days I always assumed they did machining in house, is that not the case? Interesting historical question.

Yes, I realize its not my business, but as someone who owns a few mags it would be nice to know what to hoard and what to buy when needed.
    Last edited by boo; 11-16-2015 at 02:01 PM.

i think its an in group/out group social phenomena, as i've been told in this thread that i should have died in a terrorist attack, and that is considered ok, but the suggestion that AGD is a garage shop company is a bannable offense.

I read that suggestion about the Paris flight to just get you out of the country, because when I read that I hadn't heard of the attacks yet,
    maybe that's what that individual wanted, was for you to have a nice vacation away from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    I read that suggestion about the Paris flight to just get you out of the country, because when I read that I hadn't heard of the attacks yet,
    maybe that's what that individual wanted, was for you to have a nice vacation away from the US.
    thats probably it.

AGD was basically a garage shop, low overhead, service and parts company more than an in house gun manufacturing and development company.
    Did AGD ever manufacture their own parts? I was under the assumption they didn't do their own manufacturing, I swear TK mentioned that here on AO way back...

Yes. Pretty sure it was almost all outsourced. I'm sure he has a small cnc mill and lathe for prototyping. But quite sure the main production was all outsourced.

didn't he say he has an 11 axis lathe?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Did AGD ever manufacture their own parts? I was under the assumption they didn't do their own manufacturing, I swear TK mentioned that here on AO way back...
    automag parts use some pretty non-standard processes like are used in most other guns, they are not just milled blocks of aluminium. there are brazed parts, lots of ground parts ... highly unlikely to vertically integrate such a gun, and likely the guns were never that vertically integrated in there supply chain.
    right, its unlikely that much investment at AGD was in machines to actually make parts. the early guns used SS, which was ground, the body was brazed/soldered, and the frame was glass/plastic molded. so until the jump to ULE stuff relatively late in the game for AGD, most of that stuff would not have been made in house. and even once they did go aluminium, its unlikely that AGD owned machines and equipment made the actual parts. it just wouldn't be economical. the Xmag bodies i do believe were made in house on the machine in simons AGD europe video.

which is why it was probably so easy to transition into garage shop model. you don't have a bunch of liability and capital tied up in machines and facilities. so easy to basically downsize the operation with the taper in demand for guns and parts. if you need more of something, small batches, to keep the parts inventory up and available. make the odd gun order out of those parts etc etc.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-16-2015 at 04:35 PM.

... Tom kaye is not actually santa claus?
    What!?

On knowing AGD's condition, you have to remember that we get new people around here (fortunately). There's a weird group of people (and OFGs) that keeps propagating the idea that mags are good paintball markers. People get interested and come here for info.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    didn't he say he has an 11 axis lathe?
    Yes, but he got that for making the Shoebox parts...

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Yes, but he got that for making the Shoebox parts...
    oh ok, I get it now. derp

I've told you many times prior - it's HOW you say things that's as important as WHAT you say.

right, its unlikely that much investment at AGD was in machines to actually make parts. the early guns used SS, which was ground, the body was brazed/soldered, and the frame was glass/plastic molded. so until the jump to ULE stuff relatively late in the game for AGD, most of that stuff would not have been made in house. and even once they did go aluminium, its unlikely that AGD owned machines and equipment made the actual parts. it just wouldn't be economical. the Xmag bodies i do believe were made in house on the machine in simons AGD europe video.

which is why it was probably so easy to transition into garage shop model. you don't have a bunch of liability and capital tied up in machines and facilities. so easy to basically downsize the operation with the taper in demand for guns and parts. if you need more of something, small batches, to keep the parts inventory up and available. make the odd gun order out of those parts etc etc.
    My understanding was that the Xmag was an AGD Europe thing and that Tom just bought them from across the pond - no $ into it other than what he paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    My understanding was that the Xmag was an AGD Europe thing and that Tom just bought them from across the pond - no $ into it other than what he paid.
    That sounds kinda like all the xmt and Luke deals of recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    I've told you many times prior - it's HOW you say things that's as important as WHAT you say.
    so what about this post was warranting of being told i should have died in a terrorist attack?

AGD is officially still a company, though it exists in a few boxes of parts in Romans (?) garage now.
    no seriously, tell me exactly why i was threatened with being banned for that post and viciously attacked by many members including big evil telling me i should be DEAD at the hands of terrorists, and no one thinks that is strange, punishable, and/or simply makes him a pretty awful person. or that nobody follows me around everywhere and flames me everywhere he possibly can.

and im the bad guy whos always causing trouble on AO? bull****.

nothing i said was factually wrong, nothing i said was rude, insulting, or an attack on anyone or anything. but im the *******.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I should have bought you a plane ticket to Paris...

Nick - Cockerpuke is pretty much the reason Simon's forum is dead. At least here we can make fun of him.

Im sorry to hear that you gave Charlie Sheen the HIV+

so what about this post was warranting of being told i should have died in a terrorist attack?

no seriously, tell me exactly why i was threatened with being banned for that post and viciously attacked by many members including big evil telling me i should be DEAD at the hands of terrorists, and no one thinks that is strange, punishable, and/or simply makes him a pretty awful person. or that nobody follows me around everywhere and flames me everywhere he possibly can.

and im the bad guy whos always causing trouble on AO? bull****.

nothing i said was factually wrong, nothing i said was rude, insulting, or an attack on anyone or anything. but im the *******.
    AGD is officially still a company, though it exists in a few boxes of parts in Romans (?) garage now.

Actually, EVERYTHING you said is wrong. Listen closely young man and learn not to insult someones business model or their intelligence.
    1-AGD is actually AGD USA INC.
    2-Roman is a former employee of AGD and has NOTHING to do with AGD USA. The owner's name is DAVE not Roman.
    3-It is not run out of boxes. The shop is immaculate. Dave is the second smartest man I have ever met. You know who the first one is and it is not you. You honestly have no idea.
    4-It is not run out of a garage. They do not have a retail shop so you can't go visit unless you are special...same way as I run my business.
    5-They have plenty of new parts and more being made all the time.
    6-They still make guns. They still sell guns. They still make parts. They still sell parts.

Is there anything else you need to know or be corrected on?
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Its confusing because Dave is the one running the place, but the email on the web page says roman@agd. Anyways Dave did respond pretty quickly
    xvalves -Only black.

I have a couple Purple ULE bodies left.
    Which is good because I like purple, he quoted a price for a complete marker as well. Hopefully I can order one next month.

Its confusing because Dave is the one running the place, but the email on the web page says roman@agd. Anyways Dave did respond pretty quickly

Which is good because I like purple, he quoted a price for a complete marker as well. Hopefully I can order one next month.
    If your willing to wait. Depending how long till he needed more valves. You could prob pay a fee for getting a purple valve. Wouldn't be cheap. But depends how interested you are.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    If your willing to wait. Depending how long till he needed more valves. You could prob pay a fee for getting a purple valve. Wouldn't be cheap. But depends how interested you are.
    hell id throw money in for a blue, purple, and a new released green X valve.

Well, some reputable member here want to contact romanr@airgun.com (actually Dave even though it says Roman) and set up a group buy for a skittles bag of x valves? Or at least see what the buyin would need to be?

I've looked in to all kinds of one off color parts in the past. It's almost always been 100 bucks on top of single unit ano cost. And then the wait for the next product run to have a bare part to begin with. Almost anyone with a small business runs on the concept of money talks.