Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brand New XMT Unibody.......The EVO!!!!!

Empire feedneck threading is ICD threading .810 i believe.

Also, look at availability. Ccm feednecks suck. Huge, no lever and cor what they are, they are poorer to what is available. Empire, not only have them now, and you can get them just about everywhere.

The nub/stub/tit, whatever you can it, IS better. You can't crossthread it, it is stronger and i believe easier to machine.

Allen, Simon designed that feedneck & i am going to tell him that you don't like it. Expect your next ID purchase to have a gratuity added in on it

And if you don't like that feedneck, send it to me, i love them. Even better that it is clear/unanno'd. Seriously, i will take it.

I can draw up a feed neck if that helps?

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror View Post
    What other threaded feednecks would you guys like to use? What about detents (threaded style only, similar to angel). Im flexible on this....Ill do what the masses want.
    I don't really mind axe feednecks, but anything that is available in Europe and has low profile options and clamping would work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Empire feedneck threading is ICD threading .810 i believe.

Also, look at availability. Ccm feednecks suck. Huge, no lever and cor what they are, they are poorer to what is available. Empire, not only have them now, and you can get them just about everywhere.

The nub/stub/tit, whatever you can it, IS better. You can't crossthread it, it is stronger and i believe easier to machine.

Allen, Simon designed that feedneck & i am going to tell him that you don't like it. Expect your next ID purchase to have a gratuity added in on it

And if you don't like that feedneck, send it to me, i love them. Even better that it is clear/unanno'd. Seriously, i will take it.
    1) Simon is making autococker stuff now which I wont be buying.

2) If Jay does Angel or Empire threading the Empire feednecks will still work (and so will the Violent low pros), but the way the body is pictured the Empire feedneck is the ONLY one that will work.

Threads offer more options....

not sure if i would pick one of these up personally, but i think having a threaded feedneck with an adapter to whatever direct mount feedneck people wanted would be a better option.

make it angel threaded and an option to buy when the bodies are sold. release the rest after the bodies have been sold so that others can do what they want with them. i like the ccm necks because they don't have a lot of milling they work and are easily replaced if need be. when the band breaks or cross threads its cheap to replace instead of replacing the whole thing.

It looks like a Karta and a Dallara had a baby!

Im thinking the production bodies will just be threaded and we can make an adapter on the lathe to use empire or whatever feednecks. the empire mount is very delicate when polishing the body anyways.

Looks to me like there are 1 or maybe 2 styles of empire feednecks. This is really a no go for me. Im thinking it should just be angel threaded and use an adapter.

What other threaded feednecks would you guys like to use? What about detents (threaded style only, similar to angel). Im flexible on this....Ill do what the masses want.
    I would be perfectly happy getting away from the Angel feedneck. When I sourced mine from the ule rt classics you did CCM made mention that they didn't have a whole lot left and that my options were limited.

WDP hasn't existed for 6 years, there's only NOS left. Plus those Angel threads are thin and I'm always surprised don't get stripped more. I know I haven't heard of issues of body damage due to a hard drop on the feedbeck, but there's something that seems structurally stronger if the feedneck is attached at a piece that's part of the body instead of screwed into the body.

Detents I totally get why to stick with Angel. Detents are the source of all sorts of feed problems and the engineering and field testing has validated Angel detents in mags, any other change you risk shipping a product that may have an engineering flaw that feeds poorly from the start. You don't have much choice in that area.

BTW......Looks like a MOD made me my own symbol thing in the upper right corner!!!! SWEET!!! THANKS!!!!
    Glad you like it. You have been pumping out a lot of awesome automag parts over the years and I feel like you deserve it. You and Lukes Customs come to mind when I think of custom automag parts and feel like you guys deserve to be different from the crowd. Keep up the great work!!

Some may not be familiar with Empire feednecks, and I didnt show before that its a two piece feedneck.

They will clamp onto the body Jay has made as pictured but they also come with a threaded piece they can clamp onto after its threaded into the body.

Personally I use either an Empire Nano feedneck or Violent feedneck which is basically the same as the Nano (these two are one piece, not two piece like the ones pictured).

And I have found that the ICD threads are virtually the same as Angel threads.

They will thread right onto a ULE body with no problems.

However because they are low profile, the Chord and Tac body, (and others) arent milled flat enough around the feedneck to allow using them.

Now I gotta build another mag.
    I'll be in on a 1 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by dodge3500 View Post
    Now I gotta build another mag.
    I'll be in on a 1 piece.
    Sweet!!!

That shockwave emag i sold you is the fastest firing mag ive ever seen. That thing is insane!!!

I'm confused on the foregrip thing. Will this accept other grips or only specially made ones?

Quote Originally Posted by capt spank View Post
    I'm confused on the foregrip thing. Will this accept other grips or only specially made ones?
    hopefully he makes it like the shockwave foregrip adapter plates

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    I hope so because not only do I need to purchase a few of these new bodies, but my shockwaves is needing a plate

This body style would look super nice with a kaner barrel. Similar cuts, I think

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    Yes very similar

I think this is already settled, but I agree with those that have voice the preference of having threaded feednecks. Empire threading might make more sense from an availability standpoint.

Definitely would prefer (by several orders of manitude) a non-threaded detent solution. If the threaded detents must persist, I'd prefer cocker detents as there seems to be more options, some of which are rebuildable.

Would it be possible to make threaded detents kind of like the ones rpg makes? Maybe a little thinner? Those are by far my favorite detents, they can also be rebuilt and anodized

Last edited by keiko_819; 12-03-2015 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Added pics of detents

Rogue doesnt have any in stock ?

Im still leaning towards using angel detents. the threaded parts that screws into the body on an autococker detent is shorter than an angel...meaning the head of the detent will be sunk in the body to get the detent ball where it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Rogue doesnt have any in stock ?
    He hasn't for years.

What's wrong with Kila? They still have Angel detents in stock and they are rebuild able.

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    What's wrong with Kila? They still have Angel detents in stock and they are rebuild able.
    They aren't very reliable...seems like the tiny retaining "ears" rock out of the retaining o-ring. I've shot out exactly half of the kilas I've used and had to fiddle with finding different o-rings (or double-stacking them) to successfully retain the detent.

What about axe detents? Strong, cheap, rebuildable and abundant.

Biggest reasons I'd like PE detents or something similar hidden is that it would make the body more sleek. And also because you can get PE detents all over the world, but Angel detents or feednecks I haven't been able to find on any store in Europe (not saying that I've found all the stores online obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
    What about axe detents? Strong, cheap, rebuildable and abundant.
    Thats actually not a bad idea, they still sell the 2014 Axe new.

Take the feedneck threads and the detents from a really popular marker......

Anyone else find it strange that detents are still an unsettled issue in what is now nearly 2016?

I've never personally had problems with the detents on my ULE's, but I have seen them fail, and fail, and fail, and fail some more for other people.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

^Exactly. Time for something new/better instead of regurgitating the same flawed offerings in the name of standardization.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Anyone else find it strange that detents are still an unsettled issue in what is now nearly 2016?
    Yes, and not at all.

What I find strange is that for all the advancement (and Axe detents are plenty advanced and IMO the best spring-type detents on the planet), there is still nothing out there that can touch Tippmann style detents for overall blend of drop-dead simplicity, durability, function, and value.

Kind of curious that while most everyone has gone from one design to another, Tippmann has quietly been using the same style for more than two decades with great success. They haven't bothered to change it because, frankly, it is a nearly perfect design.

It makes all other one-piece models look positively imbecile by comparison. Come to think of it, it makes most other models of any kind look fairly imbecile by comparison. It doesn't need to appear clever or sophisticated because it just works. And if Tippmann ever goes out, it can be printed for next to nothing.

If you are going to use a pre-existing design and place bets on its being cheaply available in the future, that is the one.