Thread: Hey Goatboy

Hey Goatboy

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    That's been around for a while now...in Europe first?Then a guy in the states got permission to make it here then he gave it up to these recent guys they are pretty cool I had one for a bit

Yeah we talked about it here a bit I think. One user considered it some form of cheating, which of course made me like it more.

Still not a fan of going in through a feedneck though.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

So, you going to make Tunaball this year ?

I was called s cheater this past weekend with my pump ion

Quote Originally Posted by river031403 View Post
    I was called s cheater this past weekend with my pump ion
    How do you feel about that ?

I just bought one a few minutes ago

How do you feel about that ?
    The guy was molesting my pump ion,drooling all over it clutching it like if it was his favorite blanket..Complimenting it then he says"it's kinda like cheating though" I was like well if and when I play against electros at my local field for walk ons it would be fair?Then I played with my phantom no big deal

It was not cheating. You have no autotrigger, you are still limited to one pump, one trigger pull, one shot. It is still a pump, and i suspect jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    It was not cheating. You have no autotrigger, you are still limited to one pump, one trigger pull, one shot. It is still a pump, and i suspect jealousy.

In all fairness it actually shoots faster than auto trigger and I would say more accurate than auto trigger because your not stroking the pump just the pulling trigger. I'll get a vid up.Although I only used it in this manner twice and only against another player that was using auto trigger
    http://youtu.be/t3WNlurbIY4
    Last edited by river031403; 03-27-2016 at 12:11 PM.

So, you going to make Tunaball this year ?
    Hrmn... let's just say NJ is not super high on the list of places I want to visit ever again, lol. But I haven't been making good on my goal of traveling for paintball either.

Quote Originally Posted by river031403 View Post
    In all fairness it actually shoots faster than auto trigger and I would say more accurate than auto trigger because your not stroking the pump just the pulling trigger. I'll get a vid up.Although I only used it in this manner twice and only against another player that was using auto trigger
    http://youtu.be/t3WNlurbIY4
    OK so that does kind of look like it's skirting strict pump rules, not that I would complain. Cool setup.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Hrmn... let's just say NJ is not super high on the list of places I want to visit ever again, lol. But I haven't been making good on my goal of traveling for paintball either.
    We have the GRRRail down here this weekend. Weather looks decent so far. I think we are walking on.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    We have the GRRRail down here this weekend. Weather looks decent so far. I think we are walking on.
    This weekend (particularly Saturday) not looking so good. Would like to try TXR sometime though.

What are the non-event crowds usually like? I may pick one random weekend and just make a day trip to go play rec there, but it would really suck to get there and find an empty field.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    This weekend (particularly Saturday) not looking so good. Would like to try TXR sometime though.

What are the non-event crowds usually like? I may pick one random weekend and just make a day trip to go play rec there, but it would really suck to get there and find an empty field.
    I haven't hit an empty day there in years. There was a day a year or two back where there were only about a dozen walk-ons, outside of the party groups. What is aggravating is that the teenagers can't get to the field in the summer before about 1pm, and they don't last much longer in that heat than I do. Sometimes the group plays slowly up to closing time. There's a good pump segment and CO2 support, which is due to the owner. It's generally a nicer facility than Petty's, and the refs are usually good. If not, let the office know and they will straighten them out. They take refs seriously.

Sometimes they end up splitting the walk-ons one way or another by pumps/renters/speedballers or such.

Beware the rain. The field drains pretty well, but we get a lot sometimes. On the other hand, it can rain every where around except there.
    Last edited by Spider-TW; 04-07-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    I haven't hit an empty day there in years. There was a day a year or two back where there were only about a dozen walk-ons, outside of the party groups. What is aggravating is that the teenagers can't get to the field in the summer before about 1pm, and they don't last much longer in that heat than I do. Sometimes the group plays slowly up to closing time. There's a good pump segment and CO2 support, which is due to the owner. It's generally a nicer facility than Petty's, and the refs are usually good. If not, let the office know and they will straighten them out. They take refs seriously.

Sometimes they end up splitting the walk-ons one way or another by pumps/renters/speedballers or such.

Beware the rain. The field drains pretty well, but we get a lot sometimes. On the other hand, it can rain every where around except there.
    OK cool. Sounds like a pretty solid field.

Yeah rain is one of the reasons I don't like far-out event dates, because while I can't control turnout, I can at least somewhat predict weather conditions. And then control the date, which in turn is effectively control of the weather.