Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lvl 10 and inconsistent velocity

Hi athomas, the paint was from a shipment only 2 weeks old and was very close to being perfectly round. 2/3 of the paint I checked with the blow test stuck in a .684 back and all stuck in the .682, every one rolled out of the .687 back.

fhawkeye Guest
    Don't think it's been mentioned yet, and it my be silly too. But when you put the valve in, make sure you tighten the field strip screw with an allen key that extra 3/4s of a turn you can't do with your fingers. I had similar issue before due to that.

Hi fhawkeye, Right now i'm putting the field strip screw in just finger tight. Tried tightening it with an allen key and it didn't effect it.

OK, I finally got my complete O-ring kit from AGD and replaced every O ring in my mag and oiled it with Outlast and it shoots exactly (and I do mean exactly) 285 FPS every single time, the chrony reading never moved. It looks like the ultimate culprit was the reg piston O ring, it was just dried out enough to start dragging on the reg bore. Thank you to all who responded and gave me help.