Thread: Opinions on Luke's Mini Vert

Opinions on Luke's Mini Vert

I've been considering the V3 Mini Vert frame from Luke's. I have always like 90 degree frames and while it seems there have been a few made since I was actively following paintball, this is the only one I know of currently manufactured.

I know I like the ergonomics of the 90 degree frames I've tried, all of which accept IR3 style grip panels. I'm a little hesitant to plunk $180 down on an un-ano'd frame without being able to see how it feels. My reservations are that it would be too short and that you're limited to the aluminum grip panels it comes with...no options exist for buying or making rubber grips that I know of, only milling them from aluminum or CF.

Has anyone tried one and not liked it? Anyone prefer it to the taller 90 degree frames? Hand size might be relevant too, I usually wear size L or XL gloves.
    My feedback

Made in USA - it matters.

The frame is actually an 86* setup not 90*.
    You're correct, there aren't any other grips available for the MV besides what I offer.
    Carbon fiber grips are not available anywhere as far as I know, only aluminum.
    I have large hands and have no problems with the fit of the double trigger frame. I've never found a large or XL pair of gloves that actually fit my hands properly.
    Comfort is a personal thing, but I like it otherwise it would have gone to production.

90 degree frames do tend to be long in general, so Luke's being shorter is nice. As far as aftermarket grips and such, the aluminum ones are nice, especially polished. Easy enough to make different grip panels though, but if you really want rubber, might be tough.

You also get one of his custom triggers, which are really nice imo. As well as the option to get one of his more custom AGD labeled panels

I fondled a friend's M90. They are beautiful. And shape is nice. But the width felt to fat for me.

Edited to fix. I was wrong. It was an M90 I had fondled. Not Luke's mini vert.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 04-30-2016 at 07:42 PM.

if someone sends me a MV frame I can cad different grips for it.
    can do printed grips. that's what I can offer. once im up and running.
    to each his own.

Did it feel too fat with the stock grip panels? Or just the frame itself felt too fat?

Quote Originally Posted by paint magnet View Post
    Did it feel too fat with the stock grip panels? Or just the frame itself felt too fat?
    It had the OE grip panels on it. It's designed to hide stuff inside so it's a little wider than an Iframe or Ygrip. Not bad. And I'm sure most would love it. If I owned one I would probably get used to it quick. Just going from my personal Y to it. It felt to thick for my taste.

I have large hands with fairly wide palms and long fingers. for me, there was nowhere on the mini-vert for my pinkies. they always ended up hanging off or wrapping around the ASA.
    I don't death-grip my markers, but I like being able to get my entire hand on the frame. So my mini-vert headed a different direction pretty quickly.
    I should also add that I prefer single-trigger frames to doubles and so I ended up replacing that double-trigger frame with an M86 single.

Now, with all that said, I would be remiss not to add that the MV frame functioned flawlessly and was a beautiful piece of machining. I have absolutely no complaints about the quality or craftsmanship of anything I have received from Luke.

The Intelli with the DYE grips that came stock with the frame measures> 1.23" wide
    My original MV with stock panels are 1.123" wide
    My new Deflator Grips are 1.185" wide but the way the ends are tapered it feels completely different, plus the convex shape of the face is different from the originals. I kind of like these better but I find nothing wrong with the originals.
    I use to really like the Intelli but of course I'm now biased to my design.
    Honestly the only way you will ever know is to try one. I would hate to talk you into buying one then you ended up hating it. But those are the facts about best as I can get them across online.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    I have large hands with fairly wide palms and long fingers. for me, there was nowhere on the mini-vert for my pinkies. they always ended up hanging off or wrapping around the ASA.
    Sorry to hear that didn't work out for you. You must have extremely large hands, I can't really get my pinky to hang off the bottom unless I don't actually have a full grip on the frame.

[IMG][/IMG]

I purposely designed this frame to be close to a standard size 45 frame because I hated the obnoxiously long Angel frame. The Angel was only that size to house components then on the AM it was copied just to use the grips.

I've had a double trigger mini vert, now I own a single trigger mini vert for my pump, frames are very comfortable...I tend to play with my markers as close as possible to my face/lens and like how the vert frames allow me to get my markers nice and tight, makes for a compact setup...my hands seem to easily wrap around the frame with no issue

I love Luke's frame. While I'm not a fan of the 90*, the 86* was almost perfect. My only gripe, was being that there were no wrap-around grips available for it. Wrap-arounds are a MUST for me. If I could wrap some 'Dye stickies' around it, I'd be in heaven.

I'm a big fan of the MV frame. If you know anybody that has a CCM marker with an 86 frame try that, they feel similar.

If you want to have some rubber on the grip you can get a Hogue slip on grip to go over it. I have one on one of my guns that has a CCM 86 frame. I think that it would fit on the MV as well. If I remember I will try to put it on my MV frame and take a picture.

The user formally known as Lancecst.

Have to say I love my mini vert. I have, I guess, about average hand size.

I love the mini vert, and I like the height of it.

Also, it's super easy to make thin wood panel grips for it, and then hand sand the contours to closely (depending on your taste) the tapering of the aluminum panels. You could just as easily trace and cut plastic, but the lack of finish options might not be so attractive. See below for my wood grips:

Name:  IMG_2910.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  37.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_2909.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  180.0 KB

The only structural aspect that doesn't suit me super well on the MV is the girth of the lower part of the grip (not width, but more the length from front to back of the widest part of the teardrop at the bottom). That, however, is mostly because of a tendon injury to my pinky and the way I'm shaped than the way the MV is shaped.

The grip sleeve I have is a Pacmyer not Hogue. Here it is on the MV frame.

It would fit better if the top was trimmed so that it would fit the double trigger guard better. So if you do decide to get one and want some sort of rubber grip for it this could be an option for you.

Interesting.

A pocket rocket grip on a mag.

Those come in various shapes and sizes>
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ip&FORM=HDRSC2

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    if someone sends me a MV frame I can cad different grips for it.
    can do printed grips. that's what I can offer. once im up and running.
    to each his own.
    I can provide the correct geometry for those, just hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I can provide the correct geometry for those, just hit me up.
    oh ok cool
    thank you.

I want one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
    I love Luke's frame. While I'm not a fan of the 90*, the 86* was almost perfect. My only gripe, was being that there were no wrap-around grips available for it. Wrap-arounds are a MUST for me. If I could wrap some 'Dye stickies' around it, I'd be in heaven.
    I'm just the opposite; the long 90 degree Angel frame is perfect for me and I would err on the side of making it closer to a Y grip than to 86*. Would also prefer rubber grips, I know you can make rigid panels out of just about anything but I have never liked the feel of them.

Who else made a 90 degree frame? The only one I owned was an RPG Chimera and I should have never sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by paint magnet View Post
    I'm just the opposite; the long 90 degree Angel frame is perfect for me and I would err on the side of making it closer to a Y grip than to 86*. Would also prefer rubber grips, I know you can make rigid panels out of just about anything but I have never liked the feel of them.

Who else made a 90 degree frame? The only one I owned was an RPG Chimera and I should have never sold it.
    Logic

I used a single trigger Vert Mini for a peumag build and I love it. It is on the bulkier side, but I don't actually hold the frame while firing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Logic
    Magnus M90...

Fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Magnus M90...

Fixed it for you
    Whats the point ?

Only one readily available is Lukes.