Thread: Paint: What are you guys using?

Paint: What are you guys using?

I'm looking for a variety of paint for testing the new body I've been working on, I'm actually testing the new detent design and need a variety of paint to run threw it.

A. What paint are you guys using?
    B. On average does it tend to be be large or small based on the .68" scale?
    C. On average how would you rate the paint, fragile or not so fragile?
    D. Where do you buy your paint?

I buy from the field or event. Most paint around here floats around 686. It usually grows about 003 from fresh to the end of the day, sometimes more.

Evil tournament grade tends to be fragile. Marbalizer "premium" is inbetween. The field grade paint hurts and bounces. On mags I've had to go over 690 to overbore on a humid day. The paint wasn't a consistent size though. I've started a day with paint that was under 675, but it didn't last long. Some custom paint for Blanding MOUT was sub 675 for days, but that was not what it was supposed to be, and it wasn't that way the next time.

the valken graffiti we used at Tunaball measured out at just over 687 when I first got it but I did not check it thru the day. it reminded me of paint back in the 90's with the way it was bouncing off people so much but I did not have a single barrel break all day. to me it was no more or less accurate at distance than anything else I've used in the last couple of years.

It seems like I've read somewhere that paint now days was much smaller than .68" is there any validity to that statement?

We stick to valken, it's usually around .684 - .689...Ive used empire and gi sports paint and it was closer to .680, if I had a smaller freak insert I would have used it...if I had to rate brittleness from 1-10 on each(1 being most brittle)
    Monster Ball - 11
    Valken fate - 8
    Valken graffiti - 6
    Valken redemption - 5
    Gi sports 3 star - 3
    Hk army exclusive - 3
    Empire - 3
    Last edited by keiko_819; 06-10-2016 at 06:37 PM.

I end up using a .689 insert no matter what paint I use down here.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    It seems like I've read somewhere that paint now days was much smaller than .68" is there any validity to that statement?
    at tunaball ours was about .687 - .69

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I'm looking for a variety of paint for testing the new body I've been working on, I'm actually testing the new detent design and need a variety of paint to run threw it.

A. What paint are you guys using?
    B. On average does it tend to be be large or small based on the .68" scale?
    C. On average how would you rate the paint, fragile or not so fragile?
    D. Where do you buy your paint?

A. I use Valken Graffiti paint whenever possible. If not Graffiti, Redemption.
    B. It tends to run a bit bigger than alot of paint out there these days. I usually find Graffiti is around .685. See lots of reports of other paints down .680 and smaller sometimes.
    C. I would rate it is "not so fragile". I compare it to what Marballizer used to be, back in the day.
    D. Usually buy it at through a local field using it at the field.

Whatever the field has. As long as it is round, breaks on people not in the gun. I don't pay much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Whatever the field has. As long as it is round, breaks on people not in the gun. I don't pay much attention.
    +1

Cyco-Dude Guest
    lots of valken lately; usually graffiti.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    lots of valken lately; usually graffiti.
    Isn't that what they had at Tunaball ?

Yeah we had Valken Graffiti at Tunaball. It shot very well using a 689 barrel all weekend.