Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitting an intelliframe

Fitting an intelliframe

Hi all I'm new to the forum and Automags in general. I recently purchased an eclipse splash mag which has an Xvalve and level 10 bolt fitted but it's definitely not working correctly. Spares for Mags in general in the U.K. Are seemingly a little more difficult to come by however I am aware that there is still a good supply stateside 👍

I now want to get her up and running and while I'm very pleased with the overall condition it does appear to have a few issues,

1) It leaked down the barrel when I first air'd it up and I finally pinned this down to a bad o ring between the power tube and the valve body. (Sorted I think)

2) with the old trigger frame fitted to the marker. It will fire but the bolt seems to stick and while it does shoot abeilt slowly it will not R/T and seems to chuff between shots.

3) I have now purchased an intelliframe and fitted it but now the marker won't shoot at all, which is now my main issue.

I have looked over the existing threads and found a lot about not adjusting the trigger rod (I'm sorry if that's the wrong terminology) but given that it shoots with the standard trigger frame installed I feel that the on/off valve is working correctly and as far as I can see it's almost like the sear is not actually activating the on/off valve at all.

The sear rod upon air up is pushed forward into the trigger as is normal? But it is stiff, stiffer than it is when the standard trigger frame (plastic type with single grip screw that has had the trigger guard cut to accommodate the double trigger)

The sear in the marker has UL stamped on it and as far as I can tell it's compatible with the intelliframe.

I suspect that I need to buy a spacer kit for the bolt to address the 'chuffing' issue but I am stumped with regards to the no shooting issue with the intelliframe.

Any help you guys can offer will be greatfully received.
    Last edited by Systemx; 09-19-2016 at 09:24 AM.

adjust the sear rod so that when aired up it has a credit card thickness gap between the back of the trigger and the front of the sear rod.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    adjust the sear rod so that when aired up it has a credit card thickness gap between the back of the trigger and the front of the sear rod, when trigger is resting against safety .

Fixed it little.

Hi guys thanks for the replies, The intelliframe I have does not have a saftey pin in it unfortunately but I shall try this anyway. Please bear with me I don't wish to sound stupid but I guess I'm winding the rod 'in' as at the moment when I air it up the rod is firmly pressed against the trigger

depends if it is already touching the trigger or is to far away from the trigger.

Fitting an intelliframe

If you're unsure just take pictures. We'll help the best we can.

Bolt stick sounds like your lvl 10 carrier is too tight. So you'll probably need to tune it. Here's direct link on Athomases post on how to do that. https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...97#post2828797

At the moment it's touching the trigger, pushing in to it

That's great thank you so much, can I post pics on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Systemx View Post
    At the moment it's touching the trigger, pushing in to it
    Ok. That's too far. I assume the rail bushin is in its place?

Yes I believe so if that's the brass bush that goes through the rail and the field screw goes through? I'll check it and make sure it's in place properly

Yes I believe so if that's the brass bush that goes through the rail and the field screw goes through? I'll check it and make sure it's in place properly
    That's the one.

Ok success with the non shooting issues I have adjusted the rod and that seems to have sorted it, thanks guys!! I assume that there should be a little slack before the trigger touches the sear rod then?

It's still chuffing and I can't get a very good rate of fire 🔥 so I will need to get a spacer kit to sort that out I guess?
    Last edited by Systemx; 09-19-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Ok success with the non shooting issues I have adjusted the rod and that seems to have sorted it, thanks guys!! I assume that there should be a little slack before the trigger touches the sear rod then?

Yes, about credit card thickness.

It's still chuffing and I can't get a very good rate of fire �� so I will need to get a spacer kit to sort that out I guess?
    What you need are called lvl-10 carriers. Tuna can help you on those (Tunamart link on top, use the email for ordering)

Thanks Laku, I really appreciate your help today I shall look into the level 10 carriers and get them ordered up hopefully get it running properly soon as there is an 'old school' marker game at my local site on the cards I have heard.

Oh and the obvious (in case you already haven't) 2-3 drops of oil in the Asa and cycle the gun about 20 shots without the barrel. That'll get the oil where it's needed.

Cool I shall do that as I can't remember if I have or not. Whilst on the subject is tri flow oil ok to use it's the stuff that's recommended for the bob long victory, I have one and lots of tri flow oil!! If not I guess light sewing machine oil like a cocker?

For oil, air tool oil is an ok substitute. I prefer KC Troublefree or the rebranded outkast oil. I do not know of the others

Thanks for that I will have to see if outlast is available over here but that being said I'm sure they ship but the shipping will likely be 4 x what the oil costs!!!

OK. We need to find out which Level 10 carrier is in you gun now.
    1-Take the valve out
    2-Remove the brass Powertube Tip with a 3/8" wrench.
    3-using the rear field strip screw as a tool, screw it down into the powertube/carrier oring untill it grabs a bit.
    4-pull out the carrier assembly and shims if any
    5-look on the side of the carrier for any dots or lines. The amount of dots and or lines will determine what size carrier it is. Once we know that I can send you waht you need. I got your email and will reply tonight once I get the info needed here...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

check your bolt spring as well as your carriers. also what barrel type does it have? level 10's and the twistlock detents sometimes don't get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    OK. We need to find out which Level 10 carrier is in you gun now.
    1-Take the valve out
    2-Remove the brass Powertube Tip with a 3/8" wrench.
    3-using the rear field strip screw as a tool, screw it down into the powertube/carrier oring untill it grabs a bit.
    4-pull out the carrier assembly and shims if any
    5-look on the side of the carrier for any dots or lines. The amount of dots and or lines will determine what size carrier it is. Once we know that I can send you waht you need. I got your email and will reply tonight once I get the info needed here...
    Hi tunaman thanks for taking the time to come back to me. Ok so I stripped the bolt as you said this is what I found after taking it apart the carrier appears to have three (3) single dots on it equally spaced around its circumference. The spring as you can see is the silver one and it had two shims in the power tube too
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Systemx; 09-19-2016 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    check your bolt spring as well as your carriers. also what barrel type does it have? level 10's and the twistlock detents sometimes don't get along.
    Hi vintage, it has a twist lock type barrel that appears to be stainless steel I have not Seen one like this before I got this marker I guess it was the one supplied with it being an eclipse mag? It's fitted with the metal type detent. And is running the silver (long?) Spring.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Systemx; 09-19-2016 at 06:03 PM.

If there is no line then that is a .5 carrier. You should have for the gun a #0, #.5, #1, #1.5, and a #2. You already have the .5. And I would not recommend using that longest spring either. Reliability suffers so get a red spring. You should also have the gold spring in your parts kit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    If there is no line then that is a .5 carrier. You should have for the gun a #0, #.5, #1, #1.5, and a #2. You already have the .5. And I would not recommend using that longest spring either. Reliability suffers so get a red spring. You should also have the gold spring in your parts kit too.
    Ok great just so you know I have no spares what's so ever, what you see is what I have! So I guess I need all of the bits you list above!!

You should get a safety for the intelliframe as well.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    You should get a safety for the intelliframe as well.
    Ok I see they are cheap enough, aside from the obvious reasons is there any other benefit to refitting a saftey? I only ask this because back in the day we always used to remove them from our cockers that had slide frames due to it giving a smoother trigger pull.

Not really to do with the problem you are having but, I am also in the uk. Where and when I the old school day happening? Would be a good fun hearing the cockers vs 'mags debate again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Not really to do with the problem you are having but, I am also in the uk. Where and when I the old school day happening? Would be a good fun hearing the cockers vs 'mags debate again!
    Hi Gaz I have heard talk of it recently, up at Campaign in Cobham surrey. I know the guys pretty well and the do have a semi regular 'pump' only games so I will have to get clarification from them on that. It was mentioned at the last walk on I hear.

In truth I will have a leg on each side of the fence when it comes to the age old Mag Vs Cocker debate as I have four cockers and in all honesty I was always in the cocker camp, that's not to say that I don't have equal respect for the Mags!!!
    Last edited by Systemx; 09-20-2016 at 08:42 AM.

I am in the same boat as you, however it's reversed I have always been in the mag camp but appreciate cockers as we'll! I also have a few of each, you will have to let me know a date of when it will be going on as I have a few mates who also have both that would love a day playing with and against them

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Ok I see they are cheap enough, aside from the obvious reasons is there any other benefit to refitting a saftey? I only ask this because back in the day we always used to remove them from our cockers that had slide frames due to it giving a smoother trigger pull.
    there are no issues in having the safety. you will need to remove the trigger though which can be a pain in aluminum frames (you need to press out / tap out the trigger pin). take whatever you know about autocockers and set it aside, as it has no use with automags lol. also, those barrel o-rings are toast man...get some new ones on there, and a new plastic nubbin. the barrel is from check it, if you were wondering.