Thread: Scuba tank to Paintball tank

Question Scuba tank to Paintball tank

Ok, I have a 80 CF 3000 psi scuba tank and I'm pretty sure it's going to be big waste of my money to buy a PB tank rated at a higher pressure then 3000 psi. I just want to get people's opinion on this one, since the PB tank is a lot more expensive then a scuba tank, which I can resell to buy a higher pressure tank.

Bah! I don't think there is any real reason ot get a 3000psi system these days. Sure you will only be able to fill it to 3000psi now, but if you are ever at a big game or tourney they will be able to fill it to 4500psi. Plus you should have the HPA setup for a while, who knows what you will end up filling it off in 5 years.

like hexis said.... getting a 4.5k tank is really not a waste of money if you might end up traveling to a big game or senerio game or to a field that can do 4.5k fills.....

myself i also have a scuba fill station at my house and i usally tote it along to the field if i know that they dont have hpa fills... but also my tanks are 4.5k, for those times when i travel and the 4.5 is avail... plus now there is a field near me that does hpa fills and they can go right up to 4.5... but when i bought my tanks over the last couple of years finding hpa fills at all was a chore in itself.....

but if you konw that you wont be travelin much and you field(s) cant fill more then 3k then that would be youur best bet... it all depends on what you plan to do in the future and how much money you are willin to spend
    Virus, King of the Basement Trollz has spoken

These guys are right. If you can afford it you might as well get the 4500. You can always fill a 4500 to 3000 and just play with that but many fields are offering 4500 fills so you'll be all set then.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

It's not like having 4500 and not using very often is a minus.

However having $100 more to spend on an additional SCUBA could be a plus...

Decisions...decisions....what to do?

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com