Thread: Emag/Emax questions

Emag/Emax questions

So after being away from paintball and mags for sometime I decided to pick up a project mag and it definitely has not disappointed as a difficult project. I'm not sure what the previous owner did but it's in need of alot of tlc and going to have to figure out what to do with this white paint/coating!
    Here's where the questions come
    What's so special about a Emax? I'd never heard of them, what parts kit is needed for it, the rt or X valve? Also what bolt is in it? Lvl10?
    Also I need a battery, what's recommended, I see a 850ma for sale here as well as a 1000ma from agd for a few bucks more, is the agd one worth the extra money? Also as far as chargers, this one's mission the lower block the locks it to the top of the battery, any chance of finding one of those? I see agd sells the charger rebuild kits but not the whole charger and I'm assuming the rebuild doesn't include the lower block.
    Thanks for the help and sorry for so many questions I've just been away for a while. Glad to see agd and automags.org still kicking!

[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images      

An Emax is just an X-valve with Emax engraved in it instead of an X. Its a bit special, just for that reason. It does have an level 10 bolt. You will need an X-valve parts kit for orings.

The battery is personal preference. If they are the same price, I would get the largest capacity one. If you don't have a charger, you can get a new one, or you can get any aftermarket charger that is capable of charging a NiMh 14S (16.8V) battery pack.

If you can get rid of the paint coating, you'll probably be better off. Paint has a tendency to throw the tolerances off. Paint also doesn't hold up to paintball impacts as well.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

This marker was a topic somewhere else also , if it's paint it's easy , D & A and paint remover IF it's Powder coating ( that was done correctly ) that's a completely different story , that stuff is tuff , one might consider Painting over it , I wonder what a lazer would do to it ??

Thanks for the input. I asked about it over on the automags Facebook page before I bought it as well. It got very different responses! It doesn't appear to be powder coat but if its paint its an attempt at a professional job, but is already chipping in multiple places. They were smart enough to mask off most of the fitment areas before hand, the only issues with the coating I've found so far are the safety and trigger but it could just be dirty causing it as well, haven't gotten it completely torn down just yetName:  20161121_200055.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  73.4 KB

The problem with painting aluminum is that aluminum oxidizes causing the paint to lose adhesion. You need to apply zincate to the aluminum to etch it and coat with a zinc layer. Then the paint will stick to the zinc.

Yoiu shouldn't have any problems getting the paint off and taking it back to the raw aluminum.

The safety probably isn't being affected by the paint. There was an issue with the emag safeties sticking. The ball and spring needs to be kept properly lubricated, plus, you need to take the sharp edge off the safety pin itself so that the ball can slide easily from on to off and vice versa.

Too bad it's paint and not powder coat. That emag kinda looks cool in white.

And I like the pro connect too. I used to run them on all my mags. Great fittings.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    The problem with painting aluminum is that aluminum oxidizes causing the paint to lose adhesion. You need to apply zincate to the aluminum to etch it and coat with a zinc layer. Then the paint will stick to the zinc.

Yoiu shouldn't have any problems getting the paint off and taking it back to the raw aluminum.

The safety probably isn't being affected by the paint. There was an issue with the emag safeties sticking. The ball and spring needs to be kept properly lubricated, plus, you need to take the sharp edge off the safety pin itself so that the ball can slide easily from on to off and vice versa.
    There was no issue with the safeties in the ULE gripframes. This one looks like a ULE. Only the humpback frames had the issue.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart