Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LcE90

Still too early to look at pricing.

Was the consensus NO FINGER grooves?

My personal opinion is NO finger grooves. The frame look wicked btw

I like the looks of the finger groves but they never fit everyone. Some have fat fingers...some skinny. Never fits everyone. I would say no finger grooves.

I prefer no finger grooves myself.

I prefer no finger grooves

I conceed the possibility that there might be finger grooves somewhere that match my hands, but I haven't found them so:

No grooves please!

That being said, I will be interested even if you do make these with grooves.

No grooves it is.

OK, so last night I finished up the re-design of the frame and grips. It was basically a complete re-do to fit the new switches. By going to the no finger grooved frame I was able to add a little more space directly under the trigger guard where your middle and ring finger is split when gripping the frame. I was a little concerned it would be a tad uncomfortable on the first design, so that's a bonus. It's a pet peeve of mine so I'm glad I was able to redesign it, plus I think it looks a little cleaner. Now the space is almost identical to the MV.

Also this week I received my bulk supply of wiring and the two (special) crimpers, wire terminals and housings came in today. Some of the electronic parts I only purchased enough to do a few prototypes but this stuff was not avail in small quantities. That said, this pretty much me commits me to getting the project done because this stuff wasn't cheap.

I've nailed down all my suppliers which took a large chunk of time so now I can start programing, designing fixtures and machining prototypes.

Out of curiosity, and for financial planning purposes, which on-off do you imagine this will work best with? a ULE or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    Out of curiosity, and for financial planning purposes, which on-off do you imagine this will work best with? a ULE or not?
    Let's get a prototype made first, THEN we can see what parts will or won't work. From what i have reae, so far other than sourcing the potential parts, i doubt there has been much in the way of chips flying for this.

Patience is the key. We really do not even know if this will even work. Ideas and theories sometimes do not stand up to real world obstacles...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    Definitely need to do the testing before I can answer that, sorry.

No worries, I'll look forward to knowing more when there's more to know