Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LcE90

Still too early to look at pricing.

Was the consensus NO FINGER grooves?

My personal opinion is NO finger grooves. The frame look wicked btw

I like the looks of the finger groves but they never fit everyone. Some have fat fingers...some skinny. Never fits everyone. I would say no finger grooves.

I prefer no finger grooves myself.

I prefer no finger grooves

I conceed the possibility that there might be finger grooves somewhere that match my hands, but I haven't found them so:

No grooves please!

That being said, I will be interested even if you do make these with grooves.

No grooves it is.

OK, so last night I finished up the re-design of the frame and grips. It was basically a complete re-do to fit the new switches. By going to the no finger grooved frame I was able to add a little more space directly under the trigger guard where your middle and ring finger is split when gripping the frame. I was a little concerned it would be a tad uncomfortable on the first design, so that's a bonus. It's a pet peeve of mine so I'm glad I was able to redesign it, plus I think it looks a little cleaner. Now the space is almost identical to the MV.

Also this week I received my bulk supply of wiring and the two (special) crimpers, wire terminals and housings came in today. Some of the electronic parts I only purchased enough to do a few prototypes but this stuff was not avail in small quantities. That said, this pretty much me commits me to getting the project done because this stuff wasn't cheap.

I've nailed down all my suppliers which took a large chunk of time so now I can start programing, designing fixtures and machining prototypes.

Out of curiosity, and for financial planning purposes, which on-off do you imagine this will work best with? a ULE or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    Out of curiosity, and for financial planning purposes, which on-off do you imagine this will work best with? a ULE or not?
    Let's get a prototype made first, THEN we can see what parts will or won't work. From what i have reae, so far other than sourcing the potential parts, i doubt there has been much in the way of chips flying for this.

Patience is the key. We really do not even know if this will even work. Ideas and theories sometimes do not stand up to real world obstacles...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    Definitely need to do the testing before I can answer that, sorry.

No worries, I'll look forward to knowing more when there's more to know

Changing the switch style set back the project but we'll have a better product now with readily available switches for years to come.

Finally started the machining, we're far from done but this is the first two programs, two more to go on the frame. Then on to the remaining parts.

Test fitting the switches and LED.

Interesting.

Will there be a mech version ?
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Interesting. Will there be a mech version ?
    Perhaps, but I have an idea for a Pneumag "only" version first.

Very original...

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Very original...
    Not sure if you're being facetious but the trigger assembly is where the new tech is.
    Last edited by luke; 02-24-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Did you put the buttons on the passenger side?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Did you put the buttons on the passenger side?
    No, I changed it to the drivers side, the passenger side was a mistake. With an off-set rail you can't get at the buttons because your tank get in the way, plus they are protected by your hand on this side.

You can see the buttons and LED a little better here>

Very original...
    I sell new 800 mah Emag batteries, in dealers section, or pm for pricing. batteries ready to ship

Very original...
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    You would jump on that wagon, no surprise...

Make no mistake, I could easily play this game, but I choose not too. You both are welcome to scrutinize and compare all the Emag frames ever made to mine when this one is completed. In fact I encourage a side by side comparison of all of them, line them up and judge them. Perhaps mine would be the favorite, perhaps not, but at least that opinion would be based on something tangible and not a simple picture posted on the internet.

The project is no where near completed but the haters gonna hate, no stopping that.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    You would jump on that wagon, no surprise...

Make no mistake, I could easily play this game, but I choose not too. You both are welcome to scrutinize and compare all the Emag frames ever made to mine when this one is completed. In fact I encourage a side by side comparison of all of them, line them up and judge them. Perhaps mine would be the favorite, perhaps not, but at least that opinion would be based on something tangible and not a simple picture posted on the internet.

The project is no where near completed but the haters gonna hate, no stopping that.
    i was just jabbing man,
    take a look at the plastic stuff i make for people.
    it isnt perfect. i know that, but the way i approach things is different than yours.

if anything im jealous lol i dont have my CNC yet other wise i would be making things all day everyday.

keep up the work

Well, you could have used the 3mm LEDs for space or size savings. Also a counter sink for the head. Nit picking here but keeping it off the surface (granted without grips which would change everything).

But hey, you show people ahead of what they need, what do you expect? Maybe people are giving honest opinions of possibilities of what works better, what is a new method or just what you hadn't thought of, before making the cuts as it were.

Well, you could have used the 3mm LEDs for space or size savings.
    Dont need it.

Also a counter sink for the head. Nit picking here but keeping it off the surface (granted without grips which would change everything).
    Interesting you would think that was over looked. The LED and switches sit below the surface of the grips.

But hey, you show people ahead of what they need, what do you expect?
    So are you saying that following the tradition of AO and TK's lead in product development and allowing members to see behind the curtain and allowing some input in the direction of a product is the wrong approach?

Maybe people are giving honest opinions of possibilities of what works better, what is a new method or just what you hadn't thought of, before making the cuts as it were.
    I listen to what people say and if what they say is relevant based on my own knowledge and understanding of the entire design I take the advise and apply it. However, not all opinions are reliant, some are, like not using membrane pads. It was a MAJOR set back in the project, but as I said before it's a big improvement. Had I not shown the direction of the project when I did, the project would be completed and we would be using a membrane pad. This whole thing is about dropping jabs about "originality" not engineering. These comments get old and tiresome after all these years, fact is originality is an extremely tough sale and most people dont want it.

As far as being completely original (some) people don't understand that "form follows function". So, if you want a 90* Angel style frame that uses a clapper solenoid and a 9v battery there is no doubt that there will be a similarity to other Angel style frames, no two ways around it. Again, line up all the 90* frames and you will certainly see something different, not to mention how it feels in your hands.

When this is all said and done, please DO judge it's originality based on an entire line up of all Emag frames, I'm fine with that. This frame has never been done, that is a fact I'm solely privy too.

Haters gonna hate, critics are critical.

I like the looks, hope there's a mech version at some point.

Did you make the X frames on the AGD website ?

Originality, like j4 paintball? That was painful to watch. The prototypes were neat. The production (out sourced) ate them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    Originality, like j4 paintball? That was painful to watch. The prototypes were neat. The production (out sourced) ate them up.
    I shot the prototype at world Cup that year.

Was louder than an Ego 11.

They still have not gotten all the poor people their repaired markers back to them.

Nor are they selling new ones again yet.

I'm going to say it, I think J4 may be done for, finished.

Who would buy a new one at this point?

But Lurker hasn't released their Paragon yet after all these years either.

I'm thinking they may never release it, and if they do they will likely not sell many.
    Last edited by going_home; 02-25-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Well, I like it enough to be pretty damn sure I'll take one.

Honestly, all I'd consider improving is maybe "splitting" the trigger guard in two like in M90 to make it little less "heavy".
    But you might already have considered that and other designs, as I see that there still isn't slot for the trigger and the switch, so the design probably isn't at its final form in the details.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Haters gonna hate, critics are critical.

I like the looks, hope there's a mech version at some point.

Did you make the X frames on the AGD website ?
    No, if so they would have been T-Rex compatible.