Thread: Classic valve upgrade?

Classic valve upgrade?

My old mag shoots great, consistent velocity and doesn't chop paint. But I'd like to soften up the trigger pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try an RT/X-valve On/Off Assembly.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

I'd prefer the not to change out the valve. Will the upgraded on/off give me a better trigger pull?

Slightly. What trigger frame do you have? I found it made a bigger difference going from a single trigger AGD frame to a double trigger AGD Intelliframe. Using the lower portion of the double trigger gives more leverage.

Ya I want to keep it single trigger also. This was my first mag from back in the day and want to keep it mostly as is. So it's not worth the on /off?

Is there anybody near you with an RT/X-Valve? You could try their on/off to see what you think. Otherwise, it's just dependent on your financials and how badly you want an improvement, even if minor. It's $35+shipping for a new one, less if you buy used. I have no quantitative way to define the improvement. Qualitatively, it is noticeable but not magical.

rt on/off with a .745 pin.

it will be more crisp but not necessarily lighter.

RT on-off will lighten the trigger pull. The smaller area of the lower section of the pin means less pressure down on the pin when the trigger is pulled. The force from the on-off area is approximately 1/2 what it is when a full diameter classic pin is used.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.