Thread: State of the Game?

State of the Game?

Good afternoon my friends. I looking into getting back into paintball(Have not played in almost 4 years and ) and I was wondering what is the pulse/growth of the industry? I live in North Eastern Colorado( moved here 3 years ago) and to my knowledge there is nowhere within 100 miles to play. The locals say there was a place to play several years ago and my local Wal-mart does not sale any paintball supply. I get the feeling it is stagnant at best. What is your input? However I am happy that the AirGun Designs websight is selling some cool stuff and has stepped us its game! Thanks!
    Last edited by nathanjones008; 02-06-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Patents expired but the evil remains.

Participation is way down from the glory days of a decade ago. The last five have been particularly lean.

Paint is smaller and lower quality than it used to be. Technology isn't much different that four years ago, only the milling has changed.

Magfed has become a thing...sort of soaking up some of the "thing" status from pump play.

WOW! I have been looking and I realized some of my favorite websights have either merged/downsized or went belly up. Is .68 caliber paint still available?

Save some money to get out to TunaBall this year...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Officially paint is still 68 cal. It's more 67 cal in reality though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Save some money to get out to TunaBall this year...
    THEE place to be.

All the cool kids and senior citizens.

And this year sunday theres a scenario to finish off all the senior citizens that made it thru saturday.

If you can make it to Erie/Dacono Colorado there is a decent field there.

http://blitzpaintball.net

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Officially paint is still 68 cal. It's more 67 cal in reality though.
    I still have to use a .689 insert around here....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I still have to use a .689 insert around here....
    You need to spend more time with us northerners. We routinely have to deal with "significant shrinkage" around here!

You can buy paint online now. I've had pretty good luck with Amazon and And gear. Both offer free shipping if you buy enough. You can always split the cost with a friend, too.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    You can buy paint online now. I've had pretty good luck with Amazon and And gear. Both offer free shipping if you buy enough. You can always split the cost with a friend, too.
    I do buy the higher price tag products used, but I try to support the local brick and mortars with paint and smaller purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I do buy the higher price tag products used, but I try to support the local brick and mortars with paint and smaller purchases.
    Oh yeah. Totally support local business if you can. The only physical store anywhere close to me is Dick's, though. The closest field is almost an hour away, and I've never had good paint there. So... Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by JKR View Post
    You need to spend more time with us northerners. We routinely have to deal with "significant shrinkage" around here!
    Redempition was 684 in florida and its 684 in West Virginia

Have any of ya shot the new Social Paintball paint ??? made in Tampa Florida USA !!!!!!

I think 679 would be the average of all the paint I've shot in the past few years. Maybe 680. But deff not the 688 from the paint of old.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 02-07-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    Redempition was 684 in florida and its 684 in West Virginia

Have any of ya shot the new Social Paintball paint ??? made in Tampa Florida USA !!!!!!
    Ok I'm intrigued.

Where do I buy it ?

Everything seems great in the metro Milwaukee/Chicago market. Both states seem to be pretty solid and steady for several years.

I opened a small field in the backwoods of West Virginia a year &1/2 ago ,, the game is slow , i'm new and actually did better the 1st year than expected , my second Fall was slow , my regular guys are all switchin to MagFed ( of course 2 of them have Dams )
    Ask me May 1st then I'll tell what the State of the game is ( after my 1st Scenario event https://www.facebook.com/events/231311993946334/ )

Did anyone watch the Final Battle drone footage from Dreaded Legends 2 ?? and this was a Big National style event

I live in Vail, and usually head to Paintball Adventures in Sedalia to get in a game. It takes almost 2hrs each way, but it's worth it to sling some paint.

We are planning on OK D'day this year for the 20th anniversary. You should jump in!!

VSb
    “It's easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled.” ― Mark Twain

I love Vail!! I went there a few springs ago!!!