Thread: SOLD Autococker Eclipse frame, modded for a classic mag

SOLD Autococker Eclipse frame, modded for a classic mag

I finally got to finish this project today, so she's on the chopping block to make room for more.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  22.5 KB

Views: 171
Size:  31.6 KB

Views: 139
Size:  57.0 KB

Name:  s-l400.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  14.4 KB

Price? I don't know. I've never seen one of these for sale before. $100 shipped?
    EDIT: Now only $65 shipped.

SOLD on eBay

This was an Eclipse frame for an Autococker, but it's been modified to fit a classic Automag. The inside has been hollowed out a little to make room for the sear to move. A hole has been drilled in the top front to make room for the twist-lock assembly. I've added a trigger return spring and a custom-made safety, and I widened the back frame hole to accommodate the thumb screw. I'm also including a stainless steel main body screw that matches the frame, although if you're planning to put this on an RT or ULE automag, this screw won't work for that. You'll need one that's a tiny bit longer.

I will also include the sear extender thing that's in the video on the build thread. Sadly, it doesn't really change the weight of the trigger pull, though. It's mostly just something different and rare to show off to your friends. And you can use a normal sear instead, too. You just have more options than that.

Oh, and these grips are really nice. Near perfect condition. They even have copper washers installed between the screws and the rubber.

Two issues worth mentioning:

1. You will have to adjust your trigger rod to make this frame work. The rod you have is probably set too short, so you will need to back it out a little bit. This isn't hard to do, and I can walk you through it, but you really need the right tools (specifically, a bench vice and locking pliers). Otherwise you'll get frustrated very fast.

2. There is some marring on the top of the frame. This happened when I was hollowing out the inside, and the Dremel shaft rubbed against the frame. This is completely invisible when the frame is installed (it's hidden by the rail), but I thought I should point that out.
    Last edited by rawbutter; 02-16-2017 at 12:34 AM.

I am certainly no expert, but that looks like a dye frame knockoff to me...
    I buy and sell mag parts..
    AO Feedback +20/-0

Quote Originally Posted by thecroatiansensation View Post
    I am certainly no expert, but that looks like a dye frame knockoff to me...
    Could be. I'm not really an expert either. I bought this frame off eBay, and that seller said it was an Eclipse frame, so that's why I'm saying the same thing. Wouldn't be the first time an eBay seller was wrong, though.

Still a nice frame, Eclipse or Dye or whatever, although I think it's a little heavier than an Intelliframe (thicker walls). If I end up keeping it, I will probably try to Dremel out more material inside to save weight.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    Could be. I'm not really an expert either. I bought this frame off eBay, and that seller said it was an Eclipse frame, so that's why I'm saying the same thing. Wouldn't be the first time an eBay seller was wrong, though.

Still a nice frame, Eclipse or Dye or whatever, although I think it's a little heavier than an Intelliframe (thicker walls). If I end up keeping it, I will probably try to Dremel out more material inside to save weight.
    No jewel, not Eclipse. It might be Dye, but i am leaning more to chinese knockoff. Good eye, a passing glance i didn't even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    No jewel, not Eclipse. It might be Dye, but i am leaning more to chinese knockoff. Good eye, a passing glance i didn't even notice.
    So.....$80?

IMHO, its not eclipse butlooks nice. You can look at what comparable frames sell for on customcockers or pbn. But try to get the most for it. I never liked swing frames and other than id'ing them have no clue as to the rate for them

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    IMHO, its not eclipse butlooks nice. You can look at what comparable frames sell for on customcockers or pbn. But try to get the most for it. I never liked swing frames and other than id'ing them have no clue as to the rate for them
    I think it looks awesome to be honest with you. Great work, especially since you didn't nick any of the outside chrome! I don't think you will have a hard time moving it, especially to those chromeheads out there. give me gloss black or give me death!!!

up...willing to drop to $70 shipped

okay.....$65 gifted, but that's really as low as I can go. If I can't get that much for it, I'm keeping it and making an all-chrome Automag.

for those wondering it is an odyssey cocker frame.