Thread: Picked up an BNIB FN303 today for $640 - Saw lots of other interesting 303 stuff...

Picked up an BNIB FN303 today for $640 - Saw lots of other interesting 303 stuff...

Walked into a random local pawnshop today and came across a brand new FN303 hanging on the wall. It turns out it is new in box, with 2 mags, the air system, documentation, everything except for the sample rounds. They also had a FN303P (pistol) that I was unaware was even produced. Evidently the pistol is a prototype or early model that is black/black in color with the newer ones being black/yellow. Anyhow, having wanted a 303 since the first time I held one at an event Tom had hosted at the AGD factory (back in 2003), I jumped on the sale and purchased the launcher - blue box and all.

The whole experience was pretty strange. Evidently all the stuff, along with some prototype less lethal 203 style launchers (M16 under barrel mount), and an unusual looking 303 (regarding the M16 handguard) were all pawned by the same guy who claimed to have developed them for the US government. Pics of the launchers and marketing material are below. The magazines look to be for roundball. Anyone know anything about these? The pawn shop owner was keeping the other launchers for himself as was really excited to have them. I agree with him, they are very interesting!

Thanks,

-Calvin

UPDATE: Found this link on AO... http://dev.automags.org/forums/content.php?423-FN303

Last edited by cledford; 02-09-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

Very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

What a haul.... I first saw the UTPBS on the Gun F/X page -
    http://www.gunfx.com/pages/projects.html

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphrased from Wikipedia
    Gun f/x Tactical Development is an R&D firm serving the paintball industry. It was founded as Gun f/x in 1994 as a spin-off of Pro-Team Products, Inc.... The company is currently based in Maine and is associated with Armson USA, Pro-Team Products, and Pro-Team Manufacturing, a Florida-based CNC facility that produces the majority of their products.... Gun f/x was approached by the Monterey Bay Corporation to provide concept and development for a less-lethal projectile launcher for use by military and law enforcement. Working with Airgun Designs, this project produced the concept less-lethal weapon known as the UTPBS, which eventually became FN Herstal's FN 303.
    And Warpig says the xm-303 is the precursor to the FN 303. Someone from AGD, Monterey Bay Corp, Gun F/X or PTP just unloaded a heap of history!
    Last edited by freedummy; 02-09-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freedummy View Post
    What a haul.... I first saw the UTPBS on the Gun F/X page -
    http://www.gunfx.com/pages/projects.html

And Warpig says the xm-303 is the precursor to the FN 303. Someone from AGD, Monterey Bay Corp, Gun F/X or PTP just unloaded a heap of history!
    Especially with S/n 000001

Yeah, that's a #1. Nice find.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Wow! Those are some rare birds. Those are the ancestors of my FN303!

One thing about the FN303P though- a few years ago, FNH was selling re-branded Tiberius Arms pistols (iirc, the T8.0, and later the T8.1).

Nice

I am quite surprised you got those in a pawn shop. Call Forest Hatcher and ask about them. I can't remember if he took them back from us or not. Those are the original prototypes.

AGD

Will do. Also, to clarify, I only bought the BNIB FN303 in a FN blue box. (Not pictured). The 303P was also for sale. The prototype launchers were NOT for sale (to me) as the shop owner who'd bought the whole lot was planning keeping them. He brought them out of the back for me to take a look at, along with a box of what appeared to be prototype projectiles. (Wooden box shown, but not open - in XM303 picture). He also had a folder of marketing documentation for the underbarrel launchers. The pawn shop owner was quite a nice guy and really interested in what I knew of the 303 - which is what caught my attention in the first place, and led to the resulting conversation where he pulled out the rest.

-Calvin

what town/state was the pawn shop in?

AGD

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    what town/state was the pawn shop in?

AGD
    Northern VA.

Tom, if you can PM or email me I'll send specific contact info for the shop if you want it. (Doesn't look like I can PM you)

-Calvin

Winchester VA - Bears Trading Post.