Thread: Wierdest thing you ever found wrong with your Mag ??

Wierdest thing you ever found wrong with your Mag ??

Post up
    me 1st
    Level X install , bolt would not reset ,bolt would not dump air , the spring slowly pushed it back , then it would shoot and repeat , pulled my hair out , endin up finding the LX bolt did not have the center hole intersecting with the side hole

A chipped sear, man that thing took me forever to figure out! Not typically the first place to look for issues..

Wonderful topic!

Mine
    1. Level 10 bolt stem loose and not sealing
    2. Missing rail bushing

Not mine (Assuming "your Mag" was a generalization)
    1. Back end of sear not able to properly engage on/off pin. It was hitting the brass on/off bottom. This involved non-AGD parts, so alignment/fitment was the root cause. Slightly modifying the on/off bottom was the workaround fix.
    2. MM2K9 velocity issue. I've been pestering Luke to disclose his fix since he offered it (and subsequently discontinued it). My suggested, although not practical, fix was a slightly longer bolt, but this was based on data provided by others and some assumptions. One person was able to machine a longer, Level 7 (I assume) style bolt, and provided feedback that it worked. Thinking about it more now, perhaps a longer bolt stem would have done the same thing. I have never actually had an MM2K9 body in my possession.
    Last edited by nak81783; 03-18-2017 at 04:49 AM.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

I understand Luke spent his time (time = money) figuring out what was wrong with the Pro Team bodies.

But what I dont understand is why he wont make public what the problem was, now that he doesnt fix them any more.

Although I dont have a dog in that race, I sold mine before anyone knew there were issues.

And still...

Field owner at the field I frequent knew I was a mag fanatic and told me his MM2K bodied mag (X-valve) was the worst paint blender he'd ever seen and was ready to just sell it. He's a cocker guy and this was his first mag, so to him, it really put all mags in a bad light. Of course, I offered to help.

Sure enough, upon testing it, about half the shots resulted in barrel breaks, with some shots occasionally chuffing and lazily spurting out the muzzle. Level 10 was tuned just fine but the problem stayed with the gun after I swapped his valve with mine. I started thinking it must be a defective aftermarket body that was out of spec somehow. Took me a minute to realize that the detent was missing its teflon ball. Derr!

Quad oring disintegrated mid game. SFL went full insanity. To it's credit, the Z2 kept up. When I took it apart, I discovered little bits of remaining buna burnt on the top of the on/off.

Took a while to get to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirge View Post
    Quad oring disintegrated mid game. SFL went full insanity. To it's credit, the Z2 kept up. When I took it apart, I discovered little bits of remaining buna burnt on the top of the on/off.

Took a while to get to this point.
    Took a whileto figure it out, too

Oh yeah, I had a quad oring deform once and it locked my trigger rock solid. How that even began to happen is beyond me, but in mid shootout was no bueno.

Had a issue with one of my classic RT valves. Seems somewhere between it working, me taking it apart to clean, me reassembling it that the piece that is part of the bolt and goes into the powertube decided to take a vacation. Just gone, no idea where never found it. So when I was sending the gun to BigEvil for a E90, lvl10 and ult. I didn't tell him about the bolts missing piece. Received a interesting phone call.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

I got a Classic Valved Mag in trade, with an aftermarket on/off that was full auto. After switching out the on/off it worked like it was supposed to.
    When trolls run scared. Mrs E, " Doug I will effin cut you!"

Piece of teflon tape got stuck in the regulator valve pin assembly and caused all kinds of weirdness. Did not find it until I did a full disassembly out of frustration.