Thread: Would this be an Acceptable charger for E/X-mag battery?

Would this be an Acceptable charger for E/X-mag battery?

I'm no R/C hobbyist and have little knowledge about battery charging but from what i've researched on AO,would this be an acceptable option for a 950mah fused battery?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H6-AC-DC-I...3D281588797439

cheers

I would think not. The number of cells is good, but the max DC voltage (in and out) is 18V, which is low from what I see around here. It should make it work for a while, but I would worry about under charging the batteries all of the time. I see a max charger voltage of 26vdc when searching for "emag voltage".

It states that it can charge up to 15 nicad or nimh cell batteries. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Yeah, that charger would work. It can take any dc voltage input from 11V to 18V, so any good wall adapter will work. 50W is a lot of output, so you can set it up to charge at about 1A which will equate to a 1hr charge rate. Just make sure any wall adapter can put out the wattage needed to make that happen. Anything over 25W will work fine, but if you really want to maximize the capability of the charger, you should have 55W or more. That way you can charge other larger packs if needed in the future.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Thank-you.... I was hoping you would reply as I've seen your input from various other related searches.

Cheers