Thread: Rebuilding ninja shp

Rebuilding ninja shp

Ordered the ninja regulator rebuild kit,

Do I oil the orings or leave them dry?

If so does it have to be a specific kind?

Thanks,
    Jim
    yes, i could have purchased something new for the same money.

I didnt know it but Ninja services regs at national events for $10.

I'm bringing all my regs to world cup this year.

Apparently oxidation from moisture builds up in them like a white chalk.

Thank you very much need4reebs.

Never add oil to any high pressure bottle regulator. Oil is a fuel and the heat caused by compression can cause combustion. You can achieve an explosion without being as hot as what you might think.
    Last edited by athomas; 03-22-2017 at 08:39 PM.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

So we know the critical point is somewhere between 1200 and 3000.

Has agd or anyone else attempted to discover the true point of ignition?

No, the critical point is in the temperature not the pressure.

Two things happen when you slam fill a tank. A high pressure pushing into a low pressure vessel creates a lot of velocity. Any fuel residue on any of the surfaces in the path gets vaporized easily, creating very fine fuel particles with lots of surface area which makes it easier to ignite. Then, as the tank pressure quickly goes from a void to a high pressure, the compression of the air causes intense heat. That intense heat ingnites the vaporized fuel particles. Its just easier to obtain quicker compression and higher heat when there are greater pressure differences between empty and full.

Guess I'm the jerk for assuming a rebuild kit would replace all the seals, and I guess double shame on me for thinking I could trust the ans gear customer service to know what is and is not included in my purchase price.

Anyone know where I get the o ring that goes between the bottle and the reg?

Thanks,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by tucson.az.jbreen View Post
    Guess I'm the jerk for assuming a rebuild kit would replace all the seals, and I guess double shame on me for thinking I could trust the ans gear customer service to know what is and is not included in my purchase price.

Anyone know where I get the o ring that goes between the bottle and the reg?

Thanks,
    Jim
    Have you thought to go through Ninja Paintball?

Now there are certain things, places like ANSgear are good for. Getting things like screw kits or oring kits are not one of them. Most houses like ANS do not care or see it is more cost effective to use buna instead of urethane orings because of costs. Some guns don't care, other guns will just not work with that switch. So the few bucks you thought you could save with going cheaper will ALWAYS cost you in the end. So support authorized dealers, like Tuna for AGD or buy from the factory direct, because you will get the parts that you need, not what someone thinks you will need.

I believe it an original ninja lot,

And to be more specific, I knew that one would probably rebuild a reg more often than they hydro a bottle making the o ring I want unnecessary for the rebuild kit, but then I ask the customer rep, get the wrong answer, and then no sympathy from ans. Just frustrating.

I can't find the o ring on ninjas website nor can I find it on Google.

Any help?

Have you tried to contact Ninja? They have promptly answered every question I've ever had, I've found their customer service to be top notch.

I agree with Luke. They have responded to me very quick when I have needed it.

Ok I'll give them a shot.