Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Nummech Gas Thru Frame

My original understanding was that a new drop was being developed specifically for the gas-thru frame that would still use its gas-thru capacity, but I'm not 100% on that.

I hadn't heard about it.

I'm guessing if so it'd be a limited quantity, seems like there wouldn't be much demand for them.

No one uses them any more, SL tanks changed the tank game, much shorter.

For me, its not the length of the tank that is the problem. Its the girth its always the girth... :|

The gas thru drop is on the nummech site now. Looks good.

I think it looks great!
    Here's the link.

I'm buying one now and waiting for the single-trigger frame to drop.

Just bought it, thanks Lynxkcg and Bow!

So uhh... disassembly, how's that working out. Say if I just need to remove the valve real quick. It looks like I would have to completely remove the frame from the rail and then fight with the little stub of macroline trying to get it to release before I could get to the valve. Or am I mistaken. Also how is the asa. Right now I have a cp on/off and it's the smoothest on/off I have personally experienced, anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabehcoud View Post
    So uhh... disassembly, how's that working out. Say if I just need to remove the valve real quick. It looks like I would have to completely remove the frame from the rail and then fight with the little stub of macroline trying to get it to release before I could get to the valve. Or am I mistaken. Also how is the asa. Right now I have a cp on/off and it's the smoothest on/off I have personally experienced, anything like that?
    2 CCM fittings, 1 long 1 short post. remove the 2 screws on the fitting pull the fittings off and remove the valve like normal. The on/off is more difficult to turn than a cp. It would have made making the on/off way more difficult and much more expensive to machine it like a newer style on/off.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    2 CCM fittings, 1 long 1 short post. remove the 2 screws on the fitting pull the fittings off and remove the valve like normal. The on/off is more difficult to turn than a cp. It would have made making the on/off way more difficult and much more expensive to machine it like a newer style on/off.
    Thanks for that.

I never thought about doing it that way.

I'm building one using this frame, I'm using Azodin fittings but they assemble the same basic way.

Yes thanks for that info captain. Also how much more difficult are we talking. Like is it annoyingly so or just not enough to care

not enough to care in my opinion.

Well then this sounds like it will be a great Christmas present then. I shall sit on Santa's lap and tell him about this one

I just got mine in the mail. It is beautiful. One thing to note is the frame does not work with a twist lock body since the frame doesnt have a hole for the twist lock retaining pin. I also found out that my VL front grip will not work because it hits even the flush style trigger guard.

Used mine for 10 man Atlanta event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beautiful marker, pinky, i like what you got going there!

Pics of the other side possible? Gotta love a good Karta!....oh, you’re hit by the way

Quote Originally Posted by SummaryJudgement View Post
    Pics of the other side possible? Gotta love a good Karta!....oh, you’re hit by the way
    Don't have one on me. ya that's what happens when your the last guy left in the corner. Thankfully i took him with me too. We were about 5 feet apart.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    Don't have one on me. ya that's what happens when your the last guy left in the corner. Thankfully i took him with me too. We were about 5 feet apart.

Forgot I took pics before I left in case something went missing.

What sear is needed for this frame? My automag sear doesn’t fit. Do I need to grind it down? And anyone found a way to keep the twist lock barrel and body since it doesn’t have a hole for the twist lock pin?

The sear is based on your rail not the frame. It may need to be adjusted depending on the trigger you use.

Thank you Luke. I didn’t know there were different style am/mm Sears. I see the newer style now.

I really need to pick one up.

Pinky that looks fantastic! Still pretty easy to remove the valve? Thinking of doing a build

ya its pretty easy to take a part if you go with the ccm style fittings.

pic of karta shooting it at 10 man

Finally got the Nummech frame setup how it was meant to be! Installed the new "gas through" drop forward.

Name:  mag setup.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  42.8 KB

How did you get that first? I was on the waiting list. Jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by djinnform View Post
    How did you get that first? I was on the waiting list. Jealous.

I dunno! I just went on their site and placed the order like I would anything else...good luck I guess! You might want to shoot them an email to make sure they didn't forget about you.

How have these frames been holding up?? I'm getting the itch to upgrade a marker of mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    How have these frames been holding up?? I'm getting the itch to upgrade a marker of mine...
    I think Bigevil and i have had ours the longest. I actually have 2 now. I played 10 man ATL with it which is where i replaced the buna oring.

I would recommend replacing the oring that nummech provides with the agd spec urethane oring. The buna one that was used seems to be soft and gets nicked on occasion when screwing the on/off in. Also when i received the 2nd one it leaked from the piston inside the frame. as long as the piston isn't showing from the bottom it will seal. next time i have mine apart i can snap some pics. It may be easier for him to add some material to the piston for it to rest on the ledge in the frame.