Thread: Emag Help

Emag Help

I'm finally getting to put together the emag I have been working on for a couple years. I'm having a couple difficulties I was hoping one of the brain trust that is this forum could help me with.

1. As I recall when I took out the trigger pin it fit quite snugly. Now trying to set it back in (Luke's trigger) it slides right through. Am I missing something here? Is this trigger designed for a ball bearing?

2. I was able to replace the selector switch body with the ball and spring, but either way I install the selector switch it does not orient so that down and back are the mech/e-modes. I can only seem to get it to work forward for mech, down for e-mode, and back seems to be a "safe" mode where the trigger doesn't move. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by lifeincolorado View Post
    1. As I recall when I took out the trigger pin it fit quite snugly. Now trying to set it back in (Luke's trigger) it slides right through. Am I missing something here? Is this trigger designed for a ball bearing?
    I've never sold production triggers that required a bearing. If the trigger pin slides all the way through you're using the wrong trigger pin, it sounds like you're trying to use a standard dowel pin not the one with the little barbs

It is the same pin that came out of the frame and is not smooth. It appears the same as that shown in the manual I found online and in the AGD store under emag trigger pin.

Can you post a picture of the pin and trigger?

The flange side of the pin doesn't actually fit through the trigger without... persuasion, but it fits smoothly through the frame where I assume it is supposed to wedge. Does not seem to matter what direction I put the pin in.

Name:  IMG_0080_zpskuuhaqyy.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  88.0 KB

The pin is supposed to go in from the left side of the frame. Knurled side of the pin to the left.

The selector switch is made to have the modes in the forward and down positions.

Mechanical is forward
    Electronic is down.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeincolorado View Post
    The flange side of the pin doesn't actually fit through the trigger without... persuasion.
    The knurled end of the pin is not suppose to go through the trigger, what would be the point??

Looks like you damaged the trigger driving the pin through.

Did you have the frame re annoed?
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Yes its been re-anodized. And I realized my mistake quickly with the trigger and knurled end. its just a small bit of cosmetic damage to that side of the trigger. the pin still wont go through with out a hammer (I wont be doing that). I did try going in form the left with the knurled side to the left to start with as this was the info i found online. I checked and double checked before trying and it just slid all the way through with barely any resistance.

Do you think it's because of the re-anno? How would you remedy it? The issue definitely seems to be with the frame not the trigger.

Name:  WIN_20170607_10_16_23_Pro.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  61.1 KBName:  WIN_20170607_10_17_27_Pro.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  68.9 KB

Quite a few years back a fellow made some of these ,, it's a trigger pin with allen head screws on both sides ,,, I don't think he made very many of them ,,, if ya can find one this would solve your problem