Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We need new foregrips

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    as part of the pump handle? pictures, please.
    Hrm... you can see it in action here:

I like my hand spacing a little on the closer side so it kind of looks funny hanging off the back but works well for me.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

ahhhh. i have one of the old fashioned trracers still laying around. it makes more sense with the rails on the new version.

on a side note, what's that detent you're using? my old fashioned one has a funky spring detent that doesn't work all that well, and this might be a good alternative. that's one of the few things that keeps me from playing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    ahhhh. i have one of the old fashioned trracers still laying around. it makes more sense with the rails on the new version.

on a side note, what's that detent you're using? my old fashioned one has a funky spring detent that doesn't work all that well, and this might be a good alternative. that's one of the few things that keeps me from playing with it.
    I can't even find pictures of an original Trracer's detent. The Empire one uses Ego detents.

The thing in the video is actually for anti-rollout with super-small paint.

The old Trracers had a spring that ran across the bottom of the breech and served to prevent double feeding.

Mine will still easily prevent .677 and smaller paint from rolling out, but of course, that doesn't help when the ball has been racked home.

Yours in its current configuration would (presumably) not work in those old ones because the bolt face in its forward position sits only .115 or so shy of the breech end of the barrel, putting most of the ball well into the bore.

Pity for the older versions, as this is (like all your other stuff) a great fix for the newer.

I looked at a picture of a body -- is that a leaf spring or a coil spring?

Seems like a really bad design.

Coil spring,

And it definitely ain't the prettiest design, but it is functional enough in use (at least, it has been for me all these years).

Such primitive design features may best be viewed through the lens of charity, bearing in mind their age. It may also help to consider newer, less effective and durable designs that have come along since, and don't have that excuse.

I might be old fashioned but I like the old RPG gas thru stick grips.....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I might be old fashioned but I like the old RPG gas thru stick
    Agreed, but didn't AGD lose the design somewhere? Or the company that they contracted to do the rubber part is out of business? I forget. I just remember reading somewhere sometime that they're never getting made again.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    Agreed, but didn't AGD lose the design somewhere? Or the company that they contracted to do the rubber part is out of business? I forget. I just remember reading somewhere sometime that they're never getting made again.
    I can reproduce the rubber part of the grip. feel shape and everything.
    mostly clear types.