Question McGregor / Mayweather ?

Who's going to waste money on this ?

He wont touch him.

What say you ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Who's going to waste money on this ?

He wont touch him.

What say you ?

i wear a tinfloil hat when it comes to big time sporting events... his match with Jose Aldo really raised my eyebrow... my 2 cents this fight will be financially and strategically planned
    Matthew 10:34

Biggest cash grab in any professional fighting organization ever, good on them for organizing it and being the potentially top two highest paid fighters, but the way I see it, undercard will probably be more exciting, if Connor doesn't land anything significant within the first 2 rounds, it's gonna be an L in his book with lots of rounds of Mayweather playing to his strengths and out pointing his opponent,

if you're gonna pay to watch a fight go for the UFC 214, DC and Jones finally meeting again, Yoel Romero coming off of an 8 fight win streak with 6 of them being (T)KO and he's looking like a monster and Robert Whittaker coming off a 7 fight win streak with 4/7 being (T)KO, Damien Maia is finally getting his deserved chance at the belt, and those are just the main events, the undercard is stacked with great fights or if Boxing is your thing the Canelo v Golovkin fight is probably gonna be this years boxing fight of the year, Canelo is good and had had his fair shares of victories, but Golovkin is a whole new ballgame, I don't think Canelo has fought anyone as tough or vicious as Golovkin
    Last edited by alpha_q_up23; 07-02-2017 at 11:56 PM.

I'd fight Floyd for 75 million.

Conor is seriously going into this sure he will get a knockout.

He was a good amateur boxer.

Who knows, anything can happen.

I think anything can happen as well... but let's face it... Conor (SP?) is a good MMA fighter (putting it lightly)... putting him in a boxing match nullifies many of the things that make him great... while it is the type of environment Mayweather operates in all day every day for years.

I hope Conor takes it... it would be an embarrassment and major upset.

Conversely... if Floyd fought Conor in an MMA Match with MMA rules... he would get dstroyed.

Just my 2 cents. I wouldn't pay to see it... probably going all 27 rounds... LOL. But I am interested in the results.

The fight I really want to see is with modified rules for a stand up fight:
    1. MMA Gloves
    2. 5 five minute rounds
    3. Holding and hitting is legal.
    4. MMA Cage
    But that will never happen, no way Mayweather would ever agree to it.

Anyway, I think it's funny that boxing purists are calling this fight a circus show. I was a boxing fan for 25 years before MMA came along, been a MMA fan since UFC-1 when me and some friends passed around the first UFC on VHS tape. (LOL) I quit watching boxing all together when MMA became more relevant and available. Never been a Mayweather fan, so I'm rooting for CM. Conner has the size, reach, age advantage and knockout power. I'm most curious about Conners game plan to keep Mayweather from running from him. If Conner's starts touching him it's going to be a short night for Floyd. I think what the purists are most afraid of with this fight, is that Floyd is going to get knocked out and further DE-legitimize the sport of boxing. I haven't been able to sit through 12 rounds of boxing in many years, but I'll certainly watch this one.
    Last edited by luke; 07-03-2017 at 07:42 PM.

I mean if Floyd does win, like most expect, to make his record 50-0, it was against an 0-0 record so really what did he do for boxing....not a thing.

Its expected to be the biggest pay per view box office ever surpassing the 2015 4.6 million views for the Mayweather Pacquiao fight.

And thats really what this boils down to.

Conor had to vacate his title for this fight so he has that to go back to, but whats left for Floyd ?

Yoel, Wittaker will probably be a greatest of all time type of legit fight... when theres hundreds upon hundreds of millions involved in a fight i just cant take it serious

Quote Originally Posted by smallerfreeze View Post
    Yoel, Wittaker will probably be a greatest of all time type of legit fight... when theres hundreds upon hundreds of millions involved in a fight i just cant take it serious
    The Whittaker and Romero fight had been a long time coming, both are coming off of top contender fights, Romeros devastating Flying Knee KO of former champ Chris Wiedman was a beautiful performance, as was Whittaker's Head-kick KO of Jacare. Needless to say I will be watching it

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    The Whittaker and Romero fight had been a long time coming, both are coming off of top contender fights, Romeros devastating Flying Knee KO of former champ Chris Wiedman was a beautiful performance, as was Whittaker's Head-kick KO of Jacare. Needless to say I will be watching it
    after his last fight.. unquestionable wittaker has what it takes to outsmart the mutant.. if i were betting id think Yoel is the best choice.. so much experience and mutant giftedness

Yoel is walking in... i almost have goosebumps right now.

They robbed Werdum and Romero on this card

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    They robbed Werdum and Romero on this card
    lol the reem was so suprised by his own win.. that was robbery... Wittaker in my opinion displayed an incredible fight I.Q. yoel said he was trying to take that injured leg out and wittaker managed to keep it guarded and still take the last 3 rounds... i think they may have given him the win based slightly on his heart... Yoel could have easily won the split

Alistair "i guess thats what the judges saw" Overeem

IRS Issues

I guess the big update is that its recently come out that Floyd has big problems with the IRS and had to have this fight.

Watch the minute or so starting at 10:12 its hilarious.

Floyd senior, "do you think you have more money then Floyd ? "

Conor, "I will as soon as he pays that tax bill" lol.

Great quip .

I love a good sheit show

Best fight promo ever!

What a lovely pinstripe suit.

His new clothing line.

Think that suit would sell ?

my money is on conor

I'm not paying $100 to watch this but the first presser was quite entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I'm not paying $100 to watch this but the first presser was quite entertaining.
    lol i dont think i would pay 20 bucks to watch that clown show... conference was definitely interesting.. if i had 100 bucks on this fight though, it would definitely be on conor

Name:  a2iPJFF.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  124.2 KB its worth it for all the shenanigans for sure... good post going_home

The only thing interesting about this fight is that we all know Mayweather looses in any real fight or any combat sport, under any set of rules or none at all other than boxing. Calling Mayweather a fighter is a stretch, he's mastered the art of avoiding a boxing match and pushing the limits of the rules to the point that it could be argued that he's mastered the art of avoiding a fight entirely. He's no Arturo Gatti, Felix Trinidad, Mike Tyson, Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns or any other great boxer that came before him. Sure these guys didn't have his record but they were true fighters of their time. Gatti was probably my all time favorite boxer, certainly not the best but the guy was a warrior.

What makes this fight intriguing is wondering if Conner can come up with a game plan to make this a true stand up fight not a point boxing match. My gut tells me Conner is gonna knock him out, but I dont generally base my winning predictions on who I'm rooting for from a fan stand point. Typically I can separate who I rooting for and who I think will win based on skill, but in this case it's hard because I've always thought FM was a joke. I'm not even a huge fan of Conner, neither love or hate him, but he is a badass that deserves respect and he does have a fighters chance in this match.

I've been a fight fan for 40+ years and this fight is the most interesting to come along in many years. We all know that a boxing champion can't step out of a ring and into the cage and compete, it's always a no contest and sad to say the least. We've seen this on several occasions, there's no questions left there. But taking a current MMA champion and a slugger and putting him in the ring with what everyone considers one of the best undefeated, pound for pound best boxers of all time, that registers on my radar!

Agreed.
    Very interesting.

I would honestly like to see the fight just for the novelty.
    I really don't like Mayweather and would love for Conor to sleep him, but the interesting part will be seeing if Conor can turn this into a fight instead of a 12rd point match.
    But I'm not going to pay for it.

If Mc doesn't do damage in the first couple rounds he will be counter fought and May will outpoint him all 12...should be entertaining at least

i kinda feel bad for anyone whos career it is to commentate on events and build ups like this... i would hate to have to watch all of this "world tour"

Why? It's part of their contract to help sell the fight and they're both good at it. Not to mention they're both receiving a paycheck that more than compensates them for their efforts before and during fight night.