Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: UFC jibba jabba

Cejudo, cowboy...

Cowboy took the last two trash talkers to school.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    Soooooooooooooooooo what a night AMIRITE?

Man, I had high hopes for the ESPN+ stuff. I'm not down to pay money to watch commercials during the fights. Btw, I felt like we all knew Greg Hardy was going to throw that knee.

Soooooooooooooooooo what a night AMIRITE?
    I'm still trying to digest those last 2 fights.

Who else is hyped about Conor vs Cowboy?

$50k fine and 6 months for Conor , $500k and 9 months for Khabib....

The spider has slowed significantly....

Soooo

Jon Jones or Anthony Smith ?

I'd like to see Smith finish it, I'm tired of all the picogram nonsense.

I dont see Usman taking Woodleys belt....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    The spider has slowed significantly....
    Only so much you can do once age starts creeping up on you, that is unless they are doing TRT, just ask Vitor

Soooo

Jon Jones or Anthony Smith ?

I'd like to see Smith finish it, I'm tired of all the picogram nonsense.

I dont see Usman taking Woodleys belt....
    I was actually talking to a friend about Jon Jones the other day and I belive with or without this doping violation he's the best light heavyweight walking in the ufc at the moment trust me this is coming from somone who doesn't not care to see him fight anymore, I mean once DC left that division for HW I really don't see too much competition for Jones there, now if Somone who has had issues making weight and wants a championship belt were to move up in weight *cough*Yoel Romero*cough* that fight would interest me more than a Jones/DC 3

And as for Woodley, I see him staying that champ for a few more fights, Im excited to see how Askren will do against ufc level competition, I'm hoping to see him rise up and get a title shot

Also rumors of Cain retiring after tonight if things "don't go as he likes" by that I think he's gearing up for a WWE career like Rousey, which would be a godsend for WWE seeing as they could do the rematch between "baddest man on the planet" and the man who ripped through him in 1 round but on Brock's turf, the build up could be marketing gold for them, I mean I'd be sad to see him leave for that but hey as long as he'd be getting paid well he deserves that, hell after those JDS wars he deserves to be as rich as Connor
    Last edited by alpha_q_up23; 02-16-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Gah... Fireworks out of Ngannou! It was kind of a sad match to make though. I really want to see Ngannou rocket-launch some more heads into orbit, but I didn't want one of those heads to be Cain's.

That was a pretty ugly knee twist.

If that hadnt happened it would have been a better match.

i'd say we will see Cain again in 6 months maybe. At least DC doesnt have to worry about dropping the Heavyweight Belt just yet. I wonder if Ngannou's power and reach could outplay DC's wrestling? It would probably go the way all DC's big fights go, clinch, uppercut, takedown, grind them out. Can't say its a bad strategy, just not exciting.

That was a pretty ugly knee twist.

If that hadnt happened it would have been a better match.
    That knee twist happened after Ngannou made contact, it's hard to see, but when watching a replay keep an eye on Ngannou's right fist

Me being a Cain fan wanted to belive different, but after rewatching it and in slow motion you can see that right fist make contact, Crain's head snap, then his knees give out

Woodley vs Usman... Jones against a Lion(heart)... Lawler vs Askren....

Anyone else watching this weekend? I havent decided whether I want to buy this one or just find a free stream on reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    Woodley vs Usman... Jones against a Lion(heart)... Lawler vs Askren....

Anyone else watching this weekend? I havent decided whether I want to buy this one or just find a free stream on reddit.
    No.

The highlights and results will be on youtube with in an hour or two.

Askren submits Lawler round 1.

According to UFC dot com , not on youtube yet.

The submission stoppage was a big controversy, lots of people saying it was early but in Herb Dean's defense from the position I seen from the fight I would of probably called it the same, there's a point when Lawler's arm drops from its position and looks like it goes limp, then the stoppage occurs only to find out that Lawler wasn't out

The submission stoppage was a big controversy, lots of people saying it was early but in Herb Dean's defense from the position I seen from the fight I would of probably called it the same, there's a point when Lawler's arm drops from its position and looks like it goes limp, then the stoppage occurs only to find out that Lawler wasn't out
    That one was a tough fight to see go down that way.
    Main and Comain where interesting fights to watch. Woodley and Smith both looked like they were in dreamland or something. Not awake. Oh well. I guess Jones vs Santos is next? I dont see that going any different than all the other power punchers that Jones has fought

If he has to take that kind of damage in every fight I dont see him staying un-retired too long.

He says he's not there for the money, by that I guess he means he's not hurting for $.

A couple more rounds of that and it may have been stopped because of his damage.

Beautiful overhand left to KO Till, then Masvidal puts 4 or 5 on Leon Edwards face ?

Fergusons saying someone put a chip in him and is watching him ? Wow....

Masvidal looked impressive. Hopefully they will get him back in there again soon.

Ferguson going nuts doesnt surprise me. He has to be kind of nuts to kick a metal pole. He should have relaxed and taken the surgery recovery slower imo.

He's lucky there's no athletic commission in the UK.

So Ferguson finally lost it...... I mean what did you really expect any different from someone who trains under Eddie Bravo?

Dillashaw suspended one year, stripped of belt....

Dillashaw suspended one year, stripped of belt....
    Interesting. I bet Cody is doing the "Conor McGregor laugh" while watching this news. That and/or he's pulling the "Not surprised, Motherf***ers" meme out. Didn't he say Dillashaw was juicing during one of their press conferences before a fight?

Wonderboy is a terrible matchup for Pettis.

May not go well for him....

Wonderboy is a terrible matchup for Pettis.

May not go well for him....
    Pettis looked big at weigh ins. I wonder how much extra punishment he can take at 170.
    Wonderboy is a local boy here in Upstate SC though and i occasionally attend church with him when im not travelling for work, so I've gotta cheer for Stephen.

Well well well............ Showtime huh?

Well well well............ Showtime huh?
    Impressive. Bounced off the cage, then sprung forward with that Superman Punch to close the gap. All while Wonderboy thought he'd be closing in on Pettis against the fence. Hats off to him.

One of the MMA News Youtube channels was showing the post fight reactions of other fighters after their first KO loss and how they all seem kinda broken up about it and super emotional at their post fight interview/post fight press conference.
    And then they show Wonderboy's livestream from the hospital and he's all upbeat and positive, saying things like "nah it didnt hurt at all. was just fighting one second, then lost time and woke up in the back where people are telling me bro you got knocked OOOUUUTTT!!!"

Honestly I don't care to see him in the octagon any more, good for him for him for making his money and running, his UFC career is okay but nothing more than something that an average top 15 contender could do if they were a great marketer, toss some luck in and bam mma superstar.

Is it a coincidence he announced retirement the day before this story hit ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/26/s...l-assault.html

I dont think so.....