Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: UFC jibba jabba

I mean the showmanship aspect worked for Chael he rode that horse long and hard, Connor just followed it up and broke the horse and now with Covington keeping his word and taking his belt to good ol Uncle Donny's Office I can only see him riding that same horse for the rest of his career

What makes you think that from day one, MMA hasnt always been about money ?

Exactly like boxing, football, and every other sport.

Selling PPV, NFL Ticket, ESPN etc.

Pick your favorite drama....

What a fight, and what a post fight brawl! And man have the McGregor fans been butthurt on reddit after this all went down!

Let's get to the big news.... Ben Askren's contract on the table in trade for Mighty Mouse...... I gotta say if it goes through, I'll be sad to see DJ leave, but even more importantly I'm ****ing hyped to see what the potential match ups in welterweight that the future GOAT can bring, my panties get moist just thinking about Askren vs Khabib

Both Rogan and Woodley are on Youtube saying Askren will maul Khabib.

After this was announced I watched a couple of Askrens old fights, I noticed a lot of knees to guys on the ground.

Not allowed in the UFC, I wonder if he will be as effective without that....

Black beast or DC ?

I'm gonna go with Lewis I mean yeah DC is great but, was his balls hot?

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    I'm gonna go with Lewis I mean yeah DC is great but, was his balls hot?
    I think Lewis will get it done with a KO. DC seems too relaxed for this fight, I think his cardio is gonna suffer a bit and he will want to take at least one good shot from Lewis to test his power.. Then it will be all she wrote.

I missed the event yesterday. I'm starting to feel the UFC fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I missed the event yesterday. I'm starting to feel the UFC fatigue.
    It is definitely worth a watch. That Santos/Manuwa fight was just bomb after bomb, everything being thrown with bad intentions. Nelson/Oliveira is worth a watch for the sheer amount of blood that starts pouring out. Bochniak/Dawodu was a good scrap that went the distance, and that Main event was awesome to watch! I love that weird Panda stance/waddle that Max started taking as he was cutting off Ortega after a combo or two. Hard to believe that he kept his hands down/to the side as much as he did. I'll definitely be watching it again for sure.

I don't think Dana expected Max to win, he didn't look too happy post fight.

He keeps saying Max needs to go to 155.

Why would he unless he can no longer make weight, 3 more title defenses and he will have caught up with Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Why would he unless he can no longer make weight, 3 more title defenses and he will have caught up with Silva.
    3 more? Max has only had 4 championship fights..... doesn't DJ hold that title at 11 championship title defeses?

Silva has the longest win streak in a row of 16.

Max is now at 13 in a row,

Thats what I meant, sry.

Ohhhhhh gotcha, that's right he's been on a win streak since his Connor fight

So am I dumb for wanting to buy the Jones-Gustafsson 2 fight? I have Swedish heritage and also love watching Bones fight so this seems kind of like a win win for me...

A little refresher for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNKR65ZgT28

Idk what hurts me more, Uriah Hall on the early prelims, BJ Penn on the opening fight for the prelims, or seeing Andre Arlovski headline the prelims

I re-watched Jones vs Gustafsson 1 and came to the same conclusion as I did the first time, no way in hell Jones deserved that win.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I re-watched Jones vs Gustafsson 1 and came to the same conclusion as I did the first time, no way in hell Jones deserved that win.
    I had a hard time scoring it. Usually you can get a good feel for who won the rounds. If it was purely boxing, Gustafsson had him in points with those jabs. But Jones worked him with those kicks. A big deciding factor in my mind... can an older Gustafsson take as many head kicks and elbows as young Gus did? And will Gus' legs hold up to the assault this go around? Jones has slept better men than Gus with those head kicks, and crippled heavy hitters with those leg kicks.

One things for sure. Gus better finish him if he doesnt want to get robbed again.

Yeah, Gustafsson was clearly robbed in the first fight, as for this second fight imma go ahead and say Jones is going to smash him, as per Jones and a few other sources on Jones vs Gustafsson 1, he admitted to not having much of a camp leading to the fight, my guess is he was too busy riding that white pony to care, but now he seems more focused on getting back to the top

Jones tested positive again.....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Jones tested positive again.....
    Yeah that was kind of the last straw for me. Gus for the win! What better legacy than to beat the unbeatable and while hes still trying to cheat.

Jesus they're moving the entire card to the Forum in LA cause the NSAC said Jones couldn't fight but the CSAC said he could..... RIP to everyone with tickets/flights/hotels in Vegas and RIP to everyone who's gonn be gouged by hotel prices around the new venue

Nevada Athletic Commission wouldnt have had time to evaluate the test results is the main reason to my understanding.

Be a lot of people that wont pay the price to change destinations and will watch in Vegas or stay home I'm guessing.

Cejudo or Dillashaw ?

Is 125 gone after this fight ?

I want Cejudo, prolly Tj gets it, as for the 125, it's prolly done

TJ is a beast. It's getting hard to root against him.

Soooooooooooooooooo what a night AMIRITE?