Thread: Xmt carbon fiber body parts moving

Xmt carbon fiber body parts moving

So I got this mag together today to tinker.
    It has an xmt carbon fiber 3 piece? body.
    The front carbon fiber tube slides on and off quite easily. The back part is quite difficult to move. Regardless every 10 shots or so the rear body piece inches it's way back towards the valve, at about 1/16 gap at the front and touching the xvalve at the back it stops the marker from firing completely. It's easy enough to pull the valve and shove it back into place. I've tried varying tightnesses of frame bolt and thumb screw and it doesn't seem to matter there.

I was hoping not to glue or epoxy it on yet and play a few games while I finish the build and send away for anno.

My question here then is what kind of adhesive should I use when it is all complete?
    Super glue?
    Jb weld?
    Jam some chewing gum in there temporarily?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Not sure but if you want to sell it shoot me a PM.
    My feedback

Made in USA - it matters.

see if you can contact XMT and ask him.

do you have a rail bushing in the rail?

I wonder if it is moving backwards because it isn't resting against the valve.

If its supposed to be press fit or free floating on the body, then you should probably find out where it binds up the sear. Its probably at the hole where the on-off is activated. Shave a tiny bit off so that it can safely bump back to the valve without interfering with the sear. Then you won't have to worry about it moving. If it is supposed to be solid on the body, then you will need to epoxy it in place.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    If its supposed to be press fit or free floating on the body, then you should probably find out where it binds up the sear. Its probably at the hole where the on-off is activated. Shave a tiny bit off so that it can safely bump back to the valve without interfering with the sear. Then you won't have to worry about it moving. If it is supposed to be solid on the body, then you will need to epoxy it in place.
    I'll give this a shot. Thank you
    Took a while for this post to get any traction lol.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paint magnet View Post
    Not sure but if you want to sell it shoot me a PM.
    Once the build is done I will. My life is taking me far away from needing another marker. Gotta get the pnue parts together and send out to anno. This probably isn't the final rail

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jade_monkey07 View Post
    I'll give this a shot. Thank you
    Took a while for this post to get any traction lol.
    LOL. I only noticed the date on the last couple of posts. I never realized that the original post was that old.