Thread: My old classic loves chopping paint and short stroking

Question My old classic loves chopping paint and short stroking

Now, back in the 90s when I played a lot, I learned a trigger rhythm, but I would still chop paint or short stroke once in a while. I don't want to get rid of this bad boy for sentimental reasons.

So, with that said, I read that I can drop in a lvl10 bolt assembly and poof, no more chops and strokes. Is that true? Would it even fit? Everything is standard on this mag except that it has a Hurricane valve which is the black piece on the back.

I am also planning on a new build that is more modern, so I don't want to spend too much on this one. I think of it as a stock car but I am willing to cheat a little.

I would also like to get rid of the expansion chamber since I stopped using CO2 forever ago. Not sure what foregrips would fit though and I haven't been able to find any that specifically state they'll fit the rail I have. Any suggestions?

Name:  IMG_20170819_145841~2-1040x772.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  86.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_20170819_145919-1040x772.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  116.7 KB

Change the body to a powerfeed body first and see if that helps. I bet it does. Make sure to get the new powerfeed plug.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Change the body to a powerfeed body first and see if that helps. I bet it does. Make sure to get the new powerfeed plug.
    Thanks for the reply!

I did a pneumag on my mag and i dont chop paint anymore

That cut carbon fiber frame needs to go, there's many better options to choose from now. I had the same setup back in the day, still pissed I cut my frame to mount the double trigger. lol

A force-feeding hopper will also help with chopping paint. It's easiest to set up than a Level 10 kit, and it's cheaper too. You can find used Halo's for less than $40. You just need to be careful when you're running low on paint. When you're down to only a few shots left, the hopper can't put any pressure on the stack, and chopping still might happen then.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Some great ideas all around.

Your rail is an AM/MM rail so if you search "automag forgrip," anything that's not for an RT or RTP will fit. However that will require removing the VASA to use that screw hole in the rail.
    But your expansion chamber is screwed into a VASA. So any foregrip with ASA threading will fit without removing the VASA.

The level 10 is the best upgrade against chopping. Force feed hoppers will help as long as they always have paint. Its when you run out of paint that they become just like any other hopper and cause you to chop. That usually happens in the heat of battle when you aren't paying attention to the paint in your hopper.

It isn't that difficult to tune a level 10 bolt system and keep it running. Most of the ones I have done involved just the original tuning and usually run for years without any intervention until an oring wears out. Then you replace the worn oring, tune, and go again.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.