Thread: Automag pump

Automag pump

new toy just received from ebay not complete.

problem is it leaks down the barrel if not cocked??? anyone know where I should look to fix.

thanks
    Kevin

Probably spacers, might be worth it to do an entire valve rebuild if you have the spare cash

drop a spacer size.

I put a working valve body in with the same results. I guess there is a big difference between the pump and semi set up

Yeah. The wave spring keeps the bolt from sealing unless you manually cock it.
    I've tried to resolve that for years with different spacers and just trained myself to pump it immediately after each shot.
    CT Co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals

You need a wave spring and you need a SPECIFIC sized spacer. A L10 vqlve/bolt will not work. I think its a .715 but i can't remember for sure.

Remember, you are actually trying to cause sticktion in the bolt, as the pump completes the cycle, reseting the bolt. Its everything you were told not to do with a semi build, you want to do with a pump mag. So take apart the powertu e. Check the oring, and check the spacer.

[no power tube spacer, power tube has the old school spring, ordered a spacer kit, hopefully here in a few days. I have the wave spring already installed

You need the shortest powertube spacer available. The wave spring keeps the bolt from resetting. The shorter spacer allows the oring to sit tightly against the back of the bolt while it is back but not cocked. If the spacer is too long, the oring doesn't come forward enough to seal against the back of the bolt.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.