Thread: nearing 50, and I want to play but...

nearing 50, and I want to play but...

I will be 50 on November 30th. I have not played in,oh, 14 years. My son is addicted to Video games, and I have bought him paintballs guns, airsoft guns, heck, I own 3 AK74 rifles(a Molot VEPR, a Redjacket MOR, and an Arsenal), the kid refuses to go out and enjoy his youth.

I, on the other hand, want to play again before I lay down. But here's the problem:

I REFUSE to play with anything other then a Mag. In fact, I want an EMAG with warp feed(I love the warp. I consider it an important part of my gear). I just am amazed that all these years later, Emags are still retarded priced.

What do yo lot suggest? I would like to play this fall, or by next spring. I live about 4 miles from Skirmish in Jim Thorpe.

What's your budget? I'm sure someone on here can probably get you started with reasonably priced Emag lowers or point you in the direction to some and then you can build your own warp set up, whether it'd be a powerfeed body to start or straight to a ULE warp body.

Quote Originally Posted by audioSLAVE View Post
    What's your budget? I'm sure someone on here can probably get you started with reasonably priced Emag lowers or point you in the direction to some and then you can build your own warp set up, whether it'd be a powerfeed body to start or straight to a ULE warp body.

My budget is pretty high, but I am starting with NOTHING, so I need everything. Mask, gun, airtank, shoes, harness...

And can I still get a 4500 114 tank? I had one of those "blimps" on my DevilMag(anyone remeber those?).

I looked at Tuna's site, and NO Emags. Tuna hooked me up many times when I lived in NJ(hey, Bob! How many times did I call you and insist I could come over and you NEVER let me), But nothing on his site for me.

1) you are never too old to play, just longer recovery periods.
    2) the best way to get someone to do something is to deny them the chance. Reverse psychology. Tell him flat out that your boy can't come and then tell someone that you had the greatest time. He will be itching to go.
    3) you can get Emags, but not 'New', not from the factory
    4) you don't need an Emag anymore, and to a point since you are older, the heft of the battery, plus warp (i would advise against a warp, as the shells are going, its extra weight and its not needed anymore).
    5) sell a rifle, cover the cost of your paintball equipment.
    6) go to Top Gun on the 10th, myself, BigEvil (sorry no Tuna) will be there plus others and you can see where, why and what you need for modern play. Hell, you played closer to last century than today
    7) i love mags, but you need to get off the high horse. Many developments have happened and you should always try something before outright refusal

Quote Originally Posted by bound for glory View Post
    My budget is pretty high, but I am starting with NOTHING, so I need everything. Mask, gun, airtank, shoes, harness...

And can I still get a 4500 114 tank? I had one of those "blimps" on my DevilMag(anyone remeber those?).

I looked at Tuna's site, and NO Emags. Tuna hooked me up many times when I lived in NJ(hey, Bob! How many times did I call you and insist I could come over and you NEVER let me), But nothing on his site for me.
    I could hook you up with an Emag...whatever you want...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Well, for the record I owned the 3rd Automag in the state of New Jersey(I think I got mine right after Dave Artler got his, but Before Fred Watson) and I've owned every model of Mag except a Minimag(don't know why I never got a mini. I liked Mircomags better, I guess, and I owned about 5 Micro's). I'm not of a "high horse" because I only want to shot an Emag. Mean to say, I want something I am used to, and that I can take down and not have to refer to a vid to put back togeather.

Bob, I don't know if you remember me, but I was in Phillipsburg, and you took care of many of my mags. Can you pm me a good price on an EMAG. I have a card ready...

most used e mags have been going for around $400.00 for the last year or so at least that I have seen. one thing to know is modern paint is undersized and very crappy. I will be 52 shortly and like Nobody said it takes longer to recover and there are some things I can't do anymore due to my knees but its still fun.

Shot you a pm, no emag but I do have an Xmag I'm considering parting with. Lmk.

I will be 50 on November 30th. I have not played in,oh, 14 years.
    You really should take a little time and do some research before committing to the Emag, a lot has been going on since you quit playing.

If you want to get your son interested just ignore him but let him see you enjoying yourself. If you go with friends, meet and leave from your house if possible and invite them over for a beer afterwords. I bet he comes around.

as far as tanks go look at the Ninja superlights.

I'm 58 , got 2 X's ( with warps ) and a E on the wall , my go to is a nice light ULE , RT valved Mag

PM me, I have an E mag with modeled warp drive just sitting doing nothing.

It price isn't a huge issue, you should also consider a well-built pneumag. It it's set up right, it can shoot just as fast as an emag (without the ramping, anyway), and you don't have to worry about batteries. They can be a bit more expensive, though, depending on what parts you use.

Luke's T-Rex works really well, and it's pretty fool proof. I've also built a few myself, and the latest one is actually for sale now.

Like Nobody said, though, there might be a better option out there. If you already know how to take apart a mag in your sleep and you don't want to spend the time learning how something else works, then fair enough, but there are so many nice markers in the $400-$600 range....the Etha 2, for instance. Also, you should do some research on "warpless" set-ups before you spend the money on a warp kit. Warpless set-ups seem to do all the same things a warp set-up does, but it's lighter and more compact.

14 years of paintball, and things have changed. If anything, come out to Top Gun on the 10th. You can get your feet wet, look, fondle and shoot some of our guns and even get to play possible.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    Luke's T-Rex works really well, and it's pretty fool proof.[/URL].
    Agree fully with this. And you don't have to deal with batteries, so it's essentially the same breakdown as a mech mag when you need to clean and service it.

Only 50 sonny ?

Personally - the magfed scene is what I'm being drawn towards. I'm 47 and bee playing since 1986 - but have been off for the last 10 year.

-Calvin
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

Wanna play this fall, huh?

Skirmish, huh? Your own back yard. Pretty convenient.

But sometimes the grass is greener on the other side.

Consider. You are only a couple of hours from Top Gun.

Show up this Sunday.

See some nifty new mags.

Get caught up with what's been going on.

Meet some nifty folk.

Support a nifty cause (Hurricane Harvey relief).

Including gas, it will still only cost about half the normal price of play at Skirmish, and almost certainly you'll have a better time.

Hope to see you out there.

I REFUSE to play with anything other then a Mag. In fact, I want an EMAG with warp feed(I love the warp. I consider it an important part of my gear). I just am amazed that all these years later, Emags are still retarded priced.

What do yo lot suggest? I would like to play this fall, or by next spring. I live about 4 miles from Skirmish in Jim Thorpe.

I like a man who sticks with his convictions. You know why you like Mags and let no one discourage you from your goal.

I stick with Mags too! Good Choice! but see Tuna for Emags...
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Was thinking about ur option for tanks, 114ci! That's alot of weight to be carrying around in a hand gun all day. I'm 48 and running 68ci Ninja/Tac-One/Rotor setup. My gun weighs in just over 7 lbs. without paint and it's all I can do to lift it after 4-5hours of heavy play. It's the freaken carring the gun between the fields that Kill me. Now I've considered a tank of that size for my son and his X7 Phenom but he's running a remote line. Which I would have to say is ideal for all day play and comfort. But I'd have to recommend 90ci Ninja SL with SHP Reg. to have the best combination for both single day play and scenarios. Should be more than enough to get you through for a large scale scenario with minimal refills and still be able to shoulder it with the right drop forward. I'm sure others can shed more light on the subject.

I do not agree with SHP tanks, too many problems with going that high of a pressure.

Anyway, the biggest 2 changes in paintball are: 1) air fills at fields. Most fields now support HPA and most do all day air. With multiple air stations around, you do not need to have that much air on hand. 2) the efficiency of a mag is always be poor, but with air more readily accessible, having enough air for the paint you carry is much easier prospect.

Also, as a side note. The less pressure you put into a mag, the more efficient it will be. So to those that dump 1100+psi from a SHP reg, gets crappy efficieny. While putting in 650-700psi can get much better numbers.

I will be 50 on November 30th. I have not played in,oh, 14 years. My son is addicted to Video games, and I have bought him paintballs guns, airsoft guns, heck, I own 3 AK74 rifles(a Molot VEPR, a Redjacket MOR, and an Arsenal), the kid refuses to go out and enjoy his youth.

I, on the other hand, want to play again before I lay down. But here's the problem:

come out to Battle for Berlin!... big games will always amaze the youth... and the youth in the non-youth's