Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nummech mag frames posted

Nummech mag frames posted

Nummech gas through frames have been listed for sale.

http://www.nummech.com/prod_item_nmagframemech.html

https://www.facebook.com/nummech/

Name:  nmagframe_388_23p.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  37.1 KB
    Last edited by Bunny; 09-17-2017 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Attached Picture

Looks good. So if I'm a drop forward kind of guy, is the ASA removable and like a standard frame bottom? (Ha-ha, negating the main feature of the frame.)

It'd look awesome with an Automag body version in their armor plate/dragon scale "Edge" style...
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

Looks sharp. I'm not the biggest fan of gas through-grip design, generally speaking, so I'll probably pass on this one....I'm much more interested in the the pneumag design they're working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
    Looks good. So if I'm a drop forward kind of guy, is the ASA removable and like a standard frame bottom? (Ha-ha, negating the main feature of the frame.)

It'd look awesome with an Automag body version in their armor plate/dragon scale "Edge" style...
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
    Here's the frame mounting:

The air input hole is at the bottom of the T-slot rail, which seals against the ASA's top rail that protrudes upward (pic below). If you're using the T-slot rail with a typical ASA, you'd be using set screws that tighten downward and push the ASA downward. That's kinda troublesome for frame-routed air supplies since the sealing ASA wants to be pulled "toward" the frame in order to seal its o-ring. Standard ASAs don't care, they just slide on and get locked down somehow, but the sealing ASAs are more picky about the design there.

Anyway here's the prototype ASA and knob: (many details are going to change, but the basic design will stay the same).

The crossed-out holes are just used during the manufacturing process, so they don't do anything IRL.

Doesn't come with a trigger ?

There sure are a lot of frame options lately......

Great price in my opinion, but wondering about the trigger as well....

"Re-use your existing trigger and grips"

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Saw that, it does come with the asa.

Interesting idea no doubt, especially for people that hate the air lines, in this day when all the latest greatest space guns are hoseless.

But I would think he would offer a trigger, maybe he was thinking people could get them from AGD or Luke.

Originally Posted by going_home >>
    "Doesn't come with a trigger ?"
    Originally Posted by luke >>
    Originally Posted by
    "Saw that"
    Then why did you ask? lol

Observation with a question mark.

A head scratcher....

Defo needs a matching trigger,
    Not a fan of that asa knob

Quote Originally Posted by renie View Post
    Not a fan of that asa knob
    Yeah same with me.
    I think it would look pretty awesome if that frame and Simos EZ asa could somehow be combined. Don't know if that's technically possible though.

It's nice that it comes with optional trigger guard. The standard guard doesn't flow as nice as the flush guard to my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Yeah same with me.
    I think it would look pretty awesome if that frame and Simos EZ asa could somehow be combined. Don't know if that's technically possible though.

It's nice that it comes with optional trigger guard. The standard guard doesn't flow as nice as the flush guard to my eye.
    The EZ ASA can be used, as T-slots being used are standardized. Now, it would mean that you could not use the internal airline/going hoseless, but i don't think that is much of an issue.

That much was obvious. I was specifically pondering whether or not it could be modified to use the internal air path.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    That much was obvious. I was specifically pondering whether or not it could be modified to use the internal air path.
    I figured that is what you were asking, but wanted to get the easy answer out of the way...

You would need to literally line them up to see if the air passage crosses paths with the frame. I personally have not had the EZ ASA in my hands long enough to guess if it is possible. It is very probable but i just can't say for sure.

Just a thought....
    Would it at all be possible to use these on a classic RT? I wonder if both the RT rail and the top of this frame were ported where the air-thru passage sits then you would have a true hose-less mag. Much like the sleeper pneumag setups between the asa and bottom of the frame where o-rings are used to create a sealed passage.

The air port on these are positioned just behind the sear and before the field-strip screw which makes me think this just might work.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG View Post
    Just a thought....
    Would it at all be possible to use these on a classic RT? I wonder if both the RT rail and the top of this frame were ported where the air-thru passage sits then you would have a true hose-less mag. Much like the sleeper pneumag setups between the asa and bottom of the frame where o-rings are used to create a sealed passage.

The air port on these are positioned just behind the sear and before the field-strip screw which makes me think this just might work.
    I went down this rabit hole myself and the biggest issue i ran into was trying to have the frame forward enough to not feel like it was just bolted on, and have enough room for the sear to function.

It is tougher than one would think.

Lots of people have asked about RT classic compatibility. For the moment the only thing we can offer is drilling the existing frames so they can be used with the larger banjo thumbscrew, but would still use an external airline.
    Having said that, I was able to grab measurements from a friend's marker, so there is possibility of making a true hoseless RT classic version in the future. However I don't want anyone to get hopes up since I don't know if we'll ever get around to it, there may not be enough demand to justify the variation. I'd like to see a single trigger version as well, since there seems to be more interest in single trigger compared to RT classic (or both). But who knows.

Ironically the original idea with removeable trigger guard was to allow support for a single trigger guard kit. But it just didn't work out - the double trigger frame design is too chunky compared to a nice thin single guard, I can't easily swap between the two. So it's back to the drawing board for that one. The good news is that a proposed single guard frame is a fairly minor change from the existing manufacturing, so there's a high chance that we'll get them made.

No trigger at the moment...I looked into it, but if we made triggers then they would just be replicas of existing popular designs that already work soooo good.

We'll have a gas-thru drop forward available for this in the upcoming weeks, since people asked about that from the beginning
    Andy "Ydna" DuBuc
    Nummech Products & ZDSPB

I noticed you went with a different knob design on the production version, is that cross-compatible with the your X7 Phenom ASA? The knobs on the two I have are really hard to turn while pressurised.

Looking forward to the drop forward for this as well!

They also make a T-slot drop, that would look great on this.

Can't wait to see some builds with this gripframe. I'm liking the price, but I'm really wanting a matching body with it. Please tell me the designs weren't one offs.... I would buy a scan of your vertebrae andy!! lol

They're kinda in the queue but we don't have a timeframe right now. It depends on the demand. I'd also like to get more designs going but the design work is where projects go to die (lol). The only other one that I've drawn up is an Edge-mag body like the ones we made for AxePro, but that one would take some special work since they're made differently. I'd like to see it happen though...

@Kapyrna - the knob is very similar but not directly compatible, BUT we actually made a couple knurled versions for the X7 ASA which might be right up your alley. Send me an email!

You had me at:
    an Edge-mag body
    And I think I maybe peed a little in delight, like my grandma's dog.

LUKE...are these frames compatible with your T-Rex kits?

Quote Originally Posted by skinz-n-bonez View Post
    No

Quote Originally Posted by skinz-n-bonez View Post
    Why would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Why would they?
    Why does the question offend you?

Would a mounting adapter cram in there? or is the geometry just ill suited..

Would a mounting adapter cram in there? or is the geometry just ill suited..
    Honestly I was just guessing based on the pictures you posted. I'm not sure what all is going on with the built in airlines and such. Really it was just the short answer because I know you have one in the works.

My frames come with a built in mounting tab, but the frames I've modified all have a mounting bar like AGD's Intelli frame to attach a mounting tab to. Plus the T-Rex LP air is routed in through the bottom of the valve.

Here are the basics>
    Name:  t rex mounts.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  31.9 KB

I'll gladly share mounting specs for the T-Rex. The trigger pin is an off the shelf dowel pin so that's a non issue if a frame is non AGD spec in that area.

Luke, would you be able to mod one to fit a t rex?