Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: CCM Mag-Specific Air Fittings Coming Soon

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    6,951
    Ahh, never knew that.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    They (Bill) doesn't take criticism well.

    2 piece ccm bodies arent loctited from the factory.....mistake
    rerelease of the j2 1 piece with only changing the detents....mistake
    making the same markers they have been for years with minor changes instead of 1 major release...mistake
    having a 4 year wait for a marker and not finding a way to make it cheaper to produce when people are paying double and triple the listed price....mistake
    spending time on side projects that the interest level is very low ( bills revolver pistol, ccm rifles).....mistake

    im sure i could go on. all of which has been posted repeatedly with Bill responding.

    Well yeah, none of the cult leaders take criticism particularly well.
    "Accuracy by aiming."


    Definitely not on the A-Team.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Western Mass
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Problem is these do leak, there's a simple design flaw which is easily fixed. Someone should suggest to CCM to add some compression to the o-ring so they don't leak. The seal is literally borderline after the first ano job, strip them once to custom anodize and they're basically junk. With some extremely easy calculations, very minimal design changes and simple reprogramming the problem could be fixed. Problem solved and they have kick-ass product. I'm curious if anyone has ever mentioned it to them?
    I have no design or manufacturing experience so this is a question. If you are selling a finished product is it in your best interest to design a product so that it can be refinished and still maintain tolerances? My no experience standpoint would be to make it work as it is produced especially since you offer a lifetime warranty on your products. My personal experience with CCM fittings has been great. I've had a set on my S6 since they came out and I haven't had any leaking issues.

    As a side note. If you ask CCM they will at times sell you raw aluminum parts if they have them in stock. I've bought several raw parts from them because I was going to have them anodized by somebody else.
    The user formally known as Lancecst.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    6,951
    Quote Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
    I have no design or manufacturing experience so this is a question. If you are selling a finished product is it in your best interest to design a product so that it can be refinished and still maintain tolerances? My no experience standpoint would be to make it work as it is produced especially since you offer a lifetime warranty on your products. My personal experience with CCM fittings has been great. I've had a set on my S6 since they came out and I haven't had any leaking issues.

    As a side note. If you ask CCM they will at times sell you raw aluminum parts if they have them in stock. I've bought several raw parts from them because I was going to have them anodized by somebody else.

    That's a fair question, I would say it depends on the problem and what the solution is. I've built a lot of markers and BigEvil has probably worked on 100's more, he dislikes them and I've had no luck with them. From a manufacturing perspective that's something I would be taking note of regardless of why they fail. If I could simply add more compression to the oring by making the smallest change to the design I would. Orings have a wide range that they work in, so it might be a simple fix. It could be quality control during production, it could be they're designed to seal on the low end of what you can get away with, could be the ano guy is leaving them in the strip tank too long and there isn't a solution, I really dont know. But if they leak from being stripped, my GUESS is there is a chance the problem could be fixed with some minor tweaks. CCM would be the guy with the answers, not me. I dont have the first clue what tolerances these are made to, but if it were my product I would want that feedback so I could at least look into it.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Inception Designs HQ
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Get over yourself.
    The question has been asked, would you? Its not a question of my ego, and i am not talking about my ego06 either. So either do as you say, or you get over yourself.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    6,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    The question has been asked, would you?
    Would I what?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Inception Designs HQ
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Would I what?
    Take suggestions on how to manufacturer a part that you make. Do not be daft, its unbecoming.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    6,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Take suggestions on how to manufacturer a part that you make.
    I'll play your little game this once...

    Just because someone makes a suggestion does NOT mean it will be implemented. Just because you think something is a good idea doesn't make it so, most of the time there's a cascade of problems, issues and CAD work and programing that a single change can cause. Since you're not a designer, not and engineer and not a machinist this is probably completely lost on you. If you come up with a good enough idea like Big Evils suggestion to not use the membrane pad on the LcE90 it might be implemented. That rework took several days but it was worth it because it was a great idea.

    Since you really seem butt hurt over the LED suggestion I'll use that as an example.
    So why not use a smaller LED in the LcE90?
    #1 It's not necessary
    #2 It's not any cheaper
    #3 Smaller isn't necessary when room isn't a problem
    #4 It would add two more tools to the program when there's already 35 being used and I can reuse existing tooling to machine the 5mm mounts
    #5 Smaller tooling is more likely to break. (Tooling cost money and breaking tooling disrupts production or shuts it down completely)
    #6 Small tooling adds to machine time
    #7 Adding two more tool changes cost money so why do it when there's no benefit?
    #8 Adding tooling over the 25 count can disrupt programs on a 25 tool changer machine

    So yea, that was not an idea worth implementing.


    Do not be daft, its unbecoming
    You'll need to up your game some, you're loosing ground.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,656
    Can I just buy the posts or do I have to buy everything again? For display, I really like the CCM fittings, but for play the standard macroline fittings are fine. I usually like to prop my gun somewhere and usually they are sitting on the fittings. I still get matching CCM fittings anodized for each one of my builds just incase

    Thanks to everyone that pushed CCM to get longer fittings!!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Inception Designs HQ
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I'll play your little game this once...

    Just because someone makes a suggestion does NOT mean it will be implemented.
    Exactly, my point. You can armchair design all you want, but when it comes to someone's project, nee lively hood; then either you have you to remove your head from your posterior and listen, or go on because you think you had thought of everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Just because you think something is a good idea doesn't make it so, most of the time there's a cascade of problems, issues and CAD work and programing that a single change can cause. Since you're not a designer, not and engineer and not a machinist this is probably completely lost on you. If you come up with a good enough idea like Big Evils suggestion to not use the membrane pad on the LcE90 it might be implemented. That rework took several days but it was worth it because it was a great idea.

    Since you really seem butt hurt over the LED suggestion I'll use that as an example.
    So why not use a smaller LED in the LcE90?
    #1 It's not necessary
    #2 It's not any cheaper
    #3 Smaller isn't necessary when room isn't a problem
    #4 It would add two more tools to the program when there's already 35 being used and I can reuse existing tooling to machine the 5mm mounts
    #5 Smaller tooling is more likely to break. (Tooling cost money and breaking tooling disrupts production or shuts it down completely)
    #6 Small tooling adds to machine time
    #7 Adding two more tool changes cost money so why do it when there's no benefit?
    #8 Adding tooling over the 25 count can disrupt programs on a 25 tool changer machine

    So yea, that was not an idea worth implementing.
    Again, do not assume that i am totaly without any of that criteria. Just because i have not designed anything on your scale (though, i did hand make Empire feedneck adapters, way before you did. Does that count?), does not mean i have no clue. I have been privy to some designs, some machining, and some engineering. I am not at liberty to say, but i have the previledge to be an insider to many things, above your pay grade or ability.

    With that, i do ask questions like why not this or that. As he has no ego, and answers my questions. Its a learning process as i never had want or will to step in that side, but if i did come up with an idea, not only i would toss it off him, but hell, if he wanted to design it with me, even the better.

    And yes, you do have valid and correct reasoning as to why not. I can not argue there. It makes total sense, but do not come at me on the details, nust because i do not know which tooling, which pathways or how you decide to make something.

    And as for the "membrane suggestion"? Ask 10 people what they see as a problem, or what they like, you will get 10 different answers. Some are opinions, some are likes and some are experience. I posed the LED question, cause i know LEDs. Been dealing with the little buggers for a while and i do like the 3mm. And i am of the opinion that IF you can save space for future upgrades or future developments, then it pays the price to have the room now, than go back and try to retrofit things. Call it a lessen from my father on his experience with programming(dbase and the like).

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Inception Designs HQ
    Posts
    2,337
    Oh, and i beleive BigEvil saw the membrane pad before me and mentioned it. I totally agree with him, as i have had problems with them on my DM4s, even when you could buy them new.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Soon to be the Dirty jErZ
    Posts
    8,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Oh, and i beleive BigEvil saw the membrane pad before me and mentioned it. I totally agree with him, as i have had problems with them on my DM4s, even when you could buy them new.
    Ugh, now I gotta read through all of this drama because my name was mentioned..... geeze

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampa, hot & humid.....
    Posts
    7,148
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Ugh, now I gotta read through all of this drama because my name was mentioned..... geeze

    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Can I just buy the posts or do I have to buy everything again? For display, I really like the CCM fittings, but for play the standard macroline fittings are fine. I usually like to prop my gun somewhere and usually they are sitting on the fittings. I still get matching CCM fittings anodized for each one of my builds just incase

    Thanks to everyone that pushed CCM to get longer fittings!!
    I believe that you might be able to get just the longer posts.

    Pm incoming.

  15. #45
    Update:

    For those who already have CCM fittings, longer posts can be had for $10 each.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •