Thread: Walking Stick's Menagerie of 'Mags

Walking Stick's Menagerie of 'Mags

So here is my planned collection of 25 'Mags.
    1, 5, 6 are my oldest and still work.
    7, 8, 9, 11 worked before I went on a paintball hiatus from 2012-17.
    The rest are pre-hiatus pieces and recent acquisitions that are still being hobbled into greatness.

(1.) Ultra Y-2-K Micromag
    I first borrowed this from a friend for a tournament in the early 2000s and loved everything about it. I saw one pop up in the late 2000s and didn't let it get away. That's when the AGD addiction began. I still have the original Ultra Nickel Armson barrel, double trigger frame, drop forward and bottomline ASA for it as well. The dream would be to have a Dan/MagHog/Triggernomics trigger on it - AND IT NOW DOES!!!

- Pro Team Products Micromag 2000 unibody in Ultra Nickel with fixed vert feed and foregrip
    - "68Micromag A.I.R." valve #GFX10572
    - AGD Y-Grip frame nickel
    - MagHog/Triggernomics swoosh trigger
    - KAPP grip panels chrome-plated
    - PTP Micromag Ultra Nickel Armson rifled barrel
    or Equation Multiple Switch/Bizerk Pro barrel kit w/ ss EQ3 inserts

(2.) Jungle Equinox Micromag
    I want a Jungle ano'd Micromag but know that's rather unrealistic. What's more likely is to reasonably acquire an ordinary black one with ss Micro valve. However, I'll go a bit further and ano one side Jungle Sunset with Tropical Jungle on the other. I think that'll be something special. I'll go even crazier by retrofitting it with the first 90-degree frame in paintball - the WDP Angel IR3 Spaceframe with cutlass handguard!

- Pro Team Products Micromag gen4 unibody
    - PTP "eMag Micro 2000" valve #GFX

- WDP Angel IR3 cutlass Spaceframe
    - WDP Angel IR3 fish hook trigger
    - custom 90 panels
    - Armson Stealth barrel, Equation-bored

(3.) Stranger Danger Micromag
    I made a deal for a Team Strange splashed gen3 Micromag and will pick it up at an event in late 2018. What's unique is that it'll have a standard feed instead of the more common powerfeed. And yet another red/black spash marker for my collection!

- ProTeam Products Micromag gen3 unibody
    - "ReTro Valve, 68Micromag" valve #GFX10572
    - PTP/Benchmark double trigger frame
    - Lapco colored trigger shoes or...?
    - custom engraved aluminum grip panels

- PTP Micro VASA
    - Benchmark 6-stage expansion chamber
    - Armson 8" ProSeries barrel (Equation-bored?)

(4.) Satin Tiger Micromag
    I figured I'd round out my Micromag collection with a gen2 and hopefully I can find a left feed version (standard or powerfeed doesn't matter as long as the feed port is on the left and detent on the right). I like the Nights and Tiger ano patterns but the Satin Iguana always stood out most to me. I'll differ slightly and go for a custom Satin Tiger ano with black stripes on orange.

- ProTeam Products Micromag gen2 w/ left feed
    - custom ano'd X valve

- Benchmark Medusa frame and trigger
    - custom engraved and ano'd aluminum grip panels
    - PTP Micromag VASA
    - Benchmark 4-stage expansion chamber
    - PTP 8" Micromag "nut" barrel

(5.) Crazy Magic Minimag
    Crazy Black Splash - my favorite splash pattern since the old Smart Parts catalog days and I happily scored a full kit several years back. I figured the most fitting valve for this classic marker would be the infamous Magic Box also from Smart Parts.

- AGD Minimag powerfeed-right Teflon body
    - "Smart Parts The Magic Box, 68Automag A.I.R." valve #SM10066
    - SP Crazy Black Splash rail
    - SP Crazy Black Splash single trigger frame
    - SP Crazy Black Splash foregrip
    - SP Crazy Black Splash sight rail, velocity lock, powerfeed plug, dumpy ASA and gas-through stock
    - SP Crazy Black Splash Teardrop barrel
    or Equation Multiple Switch Pro barrel kit w/ ss EQ3 inserts

(6.) X-Fire-Z Mag
    Another splash pattern I like and finally got to include a lot of special goodies in my favorite color - red. The red X valve was my first of the four colored valves to acquire. The red ano'd Z-Grip was a fortunate grab back in '09 and is just awesome. Now I just need a few pieces to be Fire splash ano-matched and it's finished

- AGD ULE body (red Gearheadz-CCI Helios body?)
    - CCM Mid-Rise feedneck
    - red "X" valve #VV05962
    - Eclipse Fire splash rail, sight rail, tourney lock and powerfeed plug
    - AGD winged "Z-Grip Z-Grip" frame red
    - Luke's Z-Blade trigger (to be Fire Splash)
    - KAPP grip panels (to be Fire Splash)
    - Eclipse ribbed foregrip with barrel plug (to be Fire Splash)
    - KAPP foregrip extender
    - Equation Multiple Switch Pro/Bizerk barrel kits w/ ss EQ3 inserts

(7.) Zee Smear Mag
    I had a basic black and polished RT classic that I sold when I found a Red Smear RT. I saw pics of the Euro powerfeed and jumped on a body when one finally popped up. There were stock photos of that body in black Teflon but I never saw anyone with actual photos of one. I'll now have it Cerakoted satin black to match the Z-Grip. I bought a second Red Smear to obtain the MagHog Z trigger, and I definitely prefer the RTP bike foregrip over the stock grooved RT one.

- AGD RT Euro powerfeed-right body (to be Cerakoted black)
    - "RT" valve #RT01145
    - AGD RT Red Smear rail, sight rail, powerfeed plug, tulip tip barrel, foregrip mount, foregrip structure
    - AGD wingless Z-Grip frame
    - MagHog/Triggernomics double moons trigger
    - KAPP grip panels
    - Red Smear AGD RT tulip-tip barrel
    or Equation Multiple Switch Pro barrel kit w/ ss EQ3 inserts

(8.) Smelter Minimag
    I luckily nabbed an unmolested Diggers Center/Fire Minimag for this build. The stack of the HiRise stovepipe, red bar of a rail, foregrip handle and liquid metal grip panels made me think of the old local Pittsburgh steel mills and inspired the moniker. Now I just need to find some old Diggers Silencer cleats (the first dedicated paintball shoe) to wear when I take this out!

- Diggers Centerfeed (HiRise/stovepipe) Minimag Teflon body
    - Diggers "C/F Center Fire Mag 0150, Minimag A.I.R." valve #MM17499
    - Benchmark scalloped rail
    - AGD winged Z-Grip with red trigger
    - MagHog/Triggernomics liquid silver grip panels
    - Keith Millet grooved extended foregrip
    - Equation Multiple Switch Pro barrel kit w/ ss EQ3 inserts

_
    Last edited by Walking Stick; 08-09-2018 at 02:25 AM. Reason: changes

(9.) Pump Rental Mag
    It's an engraved Field Rental valve that was part of a very utilitarian back-bottle build I ran until I recently replaced a standard AM rail with Luke's Wave rail. The KAPP Groovy frame unfortunately had the wings milled off before coming into my possession and now the nickel plating is flaking horribly. I have to see now if it can be replated; if not perhaps it can stripped, polished and ano'd clear. It'll eventually get a nice Hawaiian aqua water ano and strictly be a "stock class" pump. I like the polished standard right feed body but really lust after a Luke's Automag stock class conversion body, AGD Automag Prototype powerfeed-right body, or AGD Automag Euro powerfeed-right body.

- AGD Automag standard feed-right polished body
    (OR Luke's SC conversion OR Prototype powerfeed OR Euro powerfeed)
    - "Field Rental 68Automag A.I.R." valve #FG38776
    - ?? perforated velocity wheel and lock
    - Luke's short Wave rail
    - KAPP Groovy single-trigger frame
    - Luke's Circle Hex aluminum 45 grip panels
    - MWPB aluminum 45 humpback adapter
    - Cerberus Innovations aluminum AGD-style pump kit
    - Barrels Of America Snakebite chromed-brass barrel
    or Smart Parts Freak stainless steel barrel

(10.) Highlander Mag
    I think a hybrid Mag that's meant to be swapped from pump to mech with different feed options would be cool as would the unique RTP/EM-length for a pump. I picked up a Cerberus Tactical pump kit and now want to keep the other pieces blockish too. The linearness make me think of plaid so it's going to get a nice lime on navy Scottish tartan pattern once all the pieces are acquired.

- AGD Tac-One body pump-milled
    - Luke's Deflator vertical feedneck
    or PTP Warp feed elbow
    or Apocalypse SpringPheed
    or CCI Stock Class stick feed

- plaid ano'd "X-Valve" #VV02705
    - Luke's long Armada rail pump-milled
    - Desert Fox PB Supplies/PowerPulse Products/Pressure Points Inc. .45 Elite Expansion Grip frame with trigger
    - Luke's AGD Lion grip panels
    - PTP trashcan VASA w/ CCI 12g quick changer
    - Cerberus Innovations aluminum open-top Tactical pump kit
    - Custom Products gen1 2-piece barrel, Freak-bored

(11.) Pneu X-Kitty X-Mag
    I started a build thread on my revival of the X-Kitty X-Mag body that I bought from RogueFactor on PBLegion back in 2010 (who coincidentally also just sold me a Reverse X valve for the project!). I'm glad I went on a hiatus because my intention back then was to re-ano it black and gold for a Pittsburgh scheme - it's staying original now! It will be Warp left and with a reverse valve so the roof and passenger sides are slick and free of obstructions. This 'Mag will also be my first Pneumag project and it'd be cool if I can find a way to keep it switchable but as a mech-pneu hybrid rather than mech-electro hybrid. Time will tell what I can figure out and make work.

- AGD CnC X-Mag v1 body X-Kitty clear-to-pink fade
    - AGD CnC X-Mag Warp left breech
    or BigEvil CCM'd CnC vertical breech
    - dust black X-Kitty Reverse X valve #VVXKITTY
    (thanks to Craig Palmer at PPS for the lasering!)
    - PTP eMicromag frame (gutted)
    - DIY pneumatics kit
    - TunaBlade trigger
    - Luke's AO Hex aluminum EM panels
    - XMT CnC-style battery pack foregrip
    - AGD X-Mag barrel, Equation-bored

(12.) Maelstrom X-Mag
    My dream Mag actually coming to fruition! I'm loving the amount of real estate for ano; a Jurassic Park Ford Explorer color scheme or a cow pattern were my first thoughts. Then Polka dots like the King of the Mountain jersey in the Tour de France or lots of Dexter-style blood splatter. Perhaps a Lightning storm design la PTP Micromags; the company that did them still exists in Ohio but a $1000+ airbrush/ano job seems excessive...so maybe intricately airbrushed with clear Cerakote over instead would be more reasonable.

- AGD Euro X-Mag v2 body
    - AGD Euro X-Mag prototype Warp right breech
    or BigEvil CCM Mid-Pro modded Euro vertical breech
    - black "X" valve #VV
    - Cerberus Innovations scalloped Stormwalk frame/foregrip/panels
    - Magnus/KAM Sabre trigger
    - PMI Perfect Bore Ceramik, Equation-bored

(13.) Goldilocks Mag
    I loved the design the second I saw the raw prototype - when it was still a separate body and rail. I put down a deposit for one but unfortunately disappeared from paintball for 5 years right after. My loss and I truly regret not finishing the transaction. Luckily, I grabbed this gold ano'd one in Jan.'18 from cougar20th who received it from XMT as payment for designing the Shockwave body - a cool little history. The Shockwave is going to get a Shocktech valve and wavy Airwalk frame to go with the flow.

- XMT Shockwave unibody
    - Nummech Unilock feedneck
    - black "Shocktech" alum reg on "68Automag A.I.R." valve #CF14350
    - Cerberus Innovations Airwalk V2 frame with squiggly trigger and aluminum panels
    - DIY pneumatics kit
    - XMT Shockwave battery pack cover with Lc adapter
    - Lapco Big Shot barrel, Equation-bored

(14.) Choco Taco Mag
    I felt the Ripper design was great when it first came out on the Bob Long Intimidator and had to purchase this XMT body. The Ripper rail was a more recent acquisition which I think needs to be cut and filed some to make the pieces flow together better. It will be nano-short with the capped valve, and I think a Hershey's chocolate brown ano would do the ripples justice.

- XMT Ripper EM-length body and rail (cut)
    - Custom Products feedneck
    - capped MCB Deus Machina "68Automag Classic" valve #CF
    - KAM M86 frame with trigger and aluminum panels
    - Luke's T-rex pneumatics kit
    - RT Pro VASA
    - Air America Black Ice aluminum regulator
    - Custom Products gen1 2-piece barrel kit

(15.) Black Fin Tunamag
    The rare Tuna rail and valve were fortuitous acquisitions back when I first started collecting extra 'Mag parts and are now earnarked for my older brother's 'Mag build. The valve is certainly unique with only the "Tuna" and no "X" and the "TMX" serial lasering. However, the main part is the only piece still missing - a Karta body! The Karta body was the most-produced DW body with over 150+ but since I started looking last year to finish the build have come up with bupkis. The few I found the sellers either won't reply, won't separate from an Emag with $1k+ asking price, or is snatched by lurkers in the shadows. Eventually we'll find one and ano it green.

- Deadlywind Karta body
    - CCM No-Pro feedneck
    - "Tuna" X valve #TMX009
    - Tuna RTP-length rail
    - Magnus M90 Emancipator frame
    - Magnus Talon trigger
    - Luke's Hex aluminum 90 grip panels
    - DW g1 angled carbon fiber foregrip
    - DW X-Fibur Freak'd

(16.) Blue Fin Tunamag
    After sitting on AO for several weeks in 2010 I picked up this exquisite 'Mag for my middle brother whose favorite color is blue. An original Tunamart 'Mag! Too bad mech is making a comeback and re-popularizing the 'Mag market as I don't think I'll see a sweeter deal ever again.

- Deadlywind dimpled Dallara body & rail
    - RPG Strangler feedneck
    - dust blue "Tuna X" valve #VV06315
    - RPG Chimera frame
    - blue AGD Blade/black RPG SlingBlade Pro triggers
    - Luke's 90 smooth aluminum grip panels
    - DYE gas-thru/DW g2 angled carbon fiber foregrips
    - DYE UL barrel kit

(17.) Red Fin Tuna Mag
    This is a last of a triplet 'Mag build out with my two brothers - we're triplets. If you haven't noticed the common theme is Deadlywind bodies, Tuna valves, 90 degree frames and other uncommon parts. After 8 years my Tuna'd VMF Chord project that is finally done and ready for ano! Black is boring and uninspiring so I like the idea of flowing the red from the valve to rail to foregrip; then perhaps a salmon hue or a more vivid peachy ano for the rest. I posted about the wavy Logic trigger before but it's creator is still unknown.

- DeadlyWind Chord v2 AM-length body
    - RPG SubZero feedneck
    - red "Tuna X" valve #VV06316
    - RPG MiniWave rail
    - Logic Industries Vertical Mag Frame (VMF)
    - (creator unknown) wavy Logic trigger
    - Luke's custom "scales" aluminum 90 panels
    - Luke's 1-piece smooth foregrip
    - Doc's Machine Tanto barrel, Freak-bored

_
    Last edited by Walking Stick; 08-09-2018 at 02:27 AM. Reason: changes

(18.) Plum Blaster Minimag
    I want to highlight the purple valve and matching tube body so an anthracite grey should make it contrast well against the curvy Alpha rail. I'll combine Luke's T-rex pneumatic kit with an ULT for the shortest, lightest and smoothest trigger possible on this purple paint flinger. I really wanted a 3D printed single-trigger Y-Grip frame so I threw that on for the time being.

- XMT ULE Minimag body
    - old school purple KAPP feedneck

- purple "X" valve #VV04179
    - Logic Industries Alpha AM rail
    - Luke's MV2 frame with aluminum panels
    - Luke's T-rex pneumatics kit
    - Luke's UltraBlade trigger
    - AGD ULT

- KAPP foregrip
    - DYE Ultralite barrel, Freak-bored

(19.) Hale-Bopper Mag
    I've always had a bit of an astronomy nerd in me so the current slew of cosmic/galatic ano jobs make me geek out - I need to jump on the bandwagon too. After seeing several unibody Evo builds, it would be a great canvas and match up well to a UMF frame. The name comes from the memorable '95-97 Comet Hale-Bopp.

- XMT Evo unibody
    - Inception FLE feedneck
    - reverse "X-Valve" #VV

- Logic Industries Ultimate Mag Frame (UMF)
    - Logic RRfireblade trigger
    - Luke's UMF aluminum panels
    - XMT Evo foregrip
    - Inception Stella Freak barrel

(20.) Rose Prick Mag
    Once the Nummech N-Mag frame came out with its knotted trigger guard, a plan started forming for a jagged rose-ano'd 'Mag. Unfortunately, I traded off my spiked Tyson Machado rail I had earmarked for this (had it for years but never quite found a body I was happy with) so l will wait in hopes Nummech actually makes a Necro or Edge style unibody!

- Nummech body (unibody)
    - Nummech Unilock feedneck

- black "RT Pro X" valve #RTP01866
    - Nummech N-Mag frame
    - Nummech pneumatics kit
    - RPG Splinter trigger
    or Acid Customs carbon fiber Barb trigger
    - custom engraved aluminum panels
    - Nummech skeleton foregrip
    - Redz Pepperstickz barrel, Freak-bored

(21.) 'Murica! Mag
    This will mostly be an RPG Mag except for the VD foregrip (hrm, that might need to go in favor of an RPG angled VASA and CP-clone foregrip...). I'm really leaning towards a Pooty water-colory Red, White & Blue ano for this one transitioning from the blue valve up along the Wave rail to the red foregrip.

- RPG body
    - RPG SubZero feedneck
    - blue "X" valve #VV
    - RPG Wave rail
    - RPG Triton frame
    - RPG ViperBlade Pro trigger
    - RPG smoked polymer panels
    - Venomous Designs stubby angled cf red foregrip
    - Evil Pipe barrel kit

(22.) American Fiber Minimag
    I randomly obtained some Smart Parts Red-White-Blue (er...maroon-silver-baby blue) splash pieces and now I just feel compelled to find the missing pieces - maybe it's the military veteran inside me and that RWB! When RKD started 3D-printing polymer 'Mag frames a single-trigger Y-Grip was the first thing on my mind. He printed his first for me with the addition of wings for old rails. Once XMT makes his next batch of carbon fiber bodies I'm nabbing a Minimag version for this build. It'll complement the lightweight frame and help offset the weight of the stainless steel Smart Parts SmartMag valve.

- XMT 2-pc carbon fiber Minimag body
    - AKA Feed Tube
    - "SmartMag, 68Automag A.I.R" valve #SM00195
    - SP RWB-splash AM rail + sight rail + tourney lock
    - RKD 3D-printed Y-1 frame
    - RKD 3D-printed magnetic single trigger
    - ? grip panels
    - SP RWB-splash Gadget Grip
    - SP RWB-splash All American or Teardrop barrel

(23.) T-K Boundary Mag
    There have been 5 extinction level events on Earth with an on-going 6th one in debate. In regards to paintball, I pinpoint the Tom-Kaye Boundary as a significant change in the diversity of markers. From 12g CO2 pumps to constant-air/HPA semi-autos. The pieces will be black except for a bright cerulean/chartreuse ano on the Nocturnal rail to highlight its styling. Unless,that is, I obtain an unobtainable Golden Gun Minimag!

- AGD Sydarm body Teflon or Cerakote black
    - black "Sydarm" valve #SY

- El Panda Nocturnal rail
    - ProLine AutoResponse frame #DA02326
    - Lapco trigger shoe
    - Smart Parts wood 45 grip
    - TASO foregrip
    - AGD Crown Point/SP Venturi/Lapco AutoSpirit barrel

(24.) Lion's Den Mag
    I recently obtained this standard (non-extended) Sluggo body so there're many ideas going through my head: Aztec/Twister lines, hexagon shaped cylinder, heatsink fins, golfball dimples, Manik windows... I really want it to represent AGD and AO so perhaps an ano in navy/grey/orange and blue/silver/yellow splash-faded-acid washes. Adding a pew-pewter X to it will round out my colored X valve collection.

- AGD/RPG standard Slug body (to be custom milled)
    - CCM Mid-Pro feedneck
    - pewter "X" valve #VV
    - Luke's Gumshoe rail custom engraved (B.Q.A.S.S + AO)
    - Luke's Z2 grip #12 with trigger and panels
    - Luke's angled 3-pc aluminum foregrip OR something custom?
    - Custom Products gen1 2-piece barrel kit

(25.) Jekyll-n-Hyde Mag
    Since the X-Kitty now has a Reverse X my Reverse ReTro needs a new home - a Nasty twin 'Mag build is the perfect use for it! Warpless setup with Warped ULEs and some cool opposing ano scheme like blood splatter and fluffy clouds seems fitting. Now I just gotta find or fabricate the most important part - the rail.

- AGD left + right Warp ULE bodies
    - reverse "ReTro Valve" #VV00772 + "ReTro Valve" #VV01847
    - ? custom dually rail
    - KAM M86v2 frame
    - Luke's Argo trigger
    - Cerberus Innovations Knuckles foregrip
    - Smart Parts All American + Teardrop Freak barrel kits

_
    Last edited by Walking Stick; 08-09-2018 at 02:33 AM. Reason: changes

Wow!!! Very nice collection sir.

Nice builds! Glad to see somone putting some of my old parts to use. Can't wait to see that Shockwave build come along

Great collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post

(4.) Zee Smear Mag
    I saw pics of the Euro powerfeed and jumped on a body when one finally popped up. There were stock photos of that body in black Teflon but I never saw anyone with actual photos of one.

One of these?
    Name:  CtWXEYv.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  62.6 KB

The body, and rail set were bought new at the time Tom was getting ready to leave Agd. Its first assembly was in 2008. Hasn't changed yet. Other then adding blue grips. It has and always will be a pnuemag. Yes those are decals on the top of the body.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Very nice! So a Euro powerfeed RT body did come from the factory in black Teflon. What did AGD laser on the top of the body?

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
    Very nice! So a Euro powerfeed RT body did come from the factory in black Teflon. What did AGD laser on the top of the body?
    Those are decals one is a punisher skull the other is a cougar head similar to what was used for the car's.

Updated my collection now that I decided to stretch it to 20 total (damn disease!) and have added a few pieces here and there.

- #1, 3, 4 and 5 were rebuilt and are operational
    - #6, 7, 9 and 12 are next to be rebuilt
    - #10 is waiting for me to sort out a unique pneu setup
    - #13 is in the final stages of trimming
    - then #4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12 and 13 finally go off to ano!
    - leaving 50% of my 'Mag collection good-to-go!