Thread: Walking Stick's Menagerie of 'Mags

Walking Stick's Menagerie of 'Mags

So here is my planned collection of 20 'Mags.
    1, 3, 4 are my oldest and still work.
    5, 6, 7, 9 worked before I went on a paintball hiatus from 2012-17.
    The rest are pre-hiatus pieces and recent acquisitions that are still being hobbled into greatness.

(1.) Ultra Y-2-K Mag
    _____I first borrowed this from a friend for a tournament in the early 2000s and loved everything about it. I saw one pop up in the late 2000s and didn't let it get away. That's when the AGD addiction began. I still have the original Ultra Nickel Armson barrel, double trigger frame, drop forward and bottomline ASA for it as well. The dream would be to have a Dan/MagHog/Triggernomics trigger on it - AND IT NOW DOES!!!

- Pro Team Products Micromag 2000 unibody in Ultra Nickel with fixed vert feed and foregrip
    - "68Micromag ReTro Valve" #GFX10572
    - AGD Y-Grip frame nickel
    - MagHog/Triggernomics swoosh trigger
    - KAPP grip panels chrome-plated
    - PTP Micromag Ultra Nickel Armson rifled barrel
    or Equation Multiple Switch/Bizerk Pro barrel kit w/ ss EQ3 inserts

(2.) Jungle Equinox
    _____I want a Jungle ano'd Micromag but know that's rather unrealistic. What's more likely is to reasonably acquire an ordinary black one with ss Micro valve. However, I'll go a bit further and ano one side Jungle Sunset with Tropical Jungle on the other. I think that'll be something special.

- Pro Team Products Micromag gen4/5 unibody
    - "68Micromag" valve #GFX
    - AGD Y-Grip frame

- AGD Blade v1 trigger
    - KAPP grip panels
    - Armson rifled barrel, Freak-/Equation-bored

(3.) Crazy Smart Mag
    _____Crazy Black Splash was my favorite splash pattern since the old Smart Parts catalog days. Scored a full kit less a trigger shoe or double trigger, sidecar or tank. I have an AutoResponse with SP red wood grips as the primary frame but if it acts up or is not allowed I have the stock frame to fall back on. I also have a Minimag SP Magic Box (#SM10066) valve but didn't want to modify the MM body for it...at least not yet.

- AGD Minimag powerfeed-right Teflon body
    - Smart Parts SmartMag valve #SM00195
    - SP Crazy Black Splash rail, sight rail, velocity lock, powerfeed plug, Teardrop barrel, foregrip, single trigger frame, dumpy ASA and gas-through stock
    - ProLine AutoResponse frame
    - SP wood 45 grip red
    - Equation Multiple Switch Pro barrel kit w/ ss EQ3 inserts

(4.) X-Fire-Z Mag
    _____Another splash pattern I like and finally got to include a lot of special goodies in my favorite color - red. Just need a few pieces to be Fire splash ano-matched now.

- AGD ULE body
    - AKA feedneck (to be Fire Splash)
    - red "X" valve #VV05962
    - Eclipse Fire splash rail, sight rail, tourney lock and powerfeed plug
    - AGD winged "Z-Grip Z-Grip" frame red
    - Luke's Z-Blade trigger (to be Fire Splash)
    - KAPP grip panels (to be Fire Splash)
    - Eclipse ribbed foregrip with barrel plug (to be Fire Splash)
    - KAPP foregrip extender
    - Equation Multiple Switch Pro/Bizerk barrel kits w/ ss EQ3 inserts

(5.) Zee Smear Mag
    _____I had a basic black and polished RT classic that I sold when I found a Red Smear RT. I saw pics of the Euro powerfeed and jumped on a body when one finally popped up. There were stock photos of that body in black Teflon but I never saw anyone with actual photos of one. I'll now have it Cerakoted satin black to match the Z-Grip. I bought a second Red Smear to obtain the MagHog Z trigger, and I definitely prefer the RTP bike foregrip over the stock grooved RT one.

- AGD RT Euro powerfeed-right body (to be Cerakoted black)
    - "RT" valve #RT01145
    - AGD RT Red Smear rail, sight rail, powerfeed plug, tulip tip barrel, foregrip mount, foregrip structure
    - AGD wingless Z-Grip frame
    - MagHog/Triggernomics double moons trigger
    - KAPP grip panels
    - Equation Multiple Switch Pro barrel kit w/ ss EQ3 inserts

(6.) Zmelter Mag
    _____Just replaced the black AM powerfeed body with this more unique HiRise one but I'm open to replacing the body if something new and edgy ever comes out from Inception, Nummech or XMT. The stovepipe stack, red bar of a rail, foregrip handle and liquid metal grip panels made me think of the old local Pittsburgh steel mills and inspired the "smelter" moniker.

- AGD RTP/EM Teflon HiRise stovepipe body
    - black "RT Pro X" valve #RTP01866
    - Benchmark scalloped rail
    - AGD winged Z-Grip with red trigger
    - MagHog/Triggernomics liquid silver grip panels
    - Keith Millet grooved extended foregrip
    - Equation Multiple Switch Pro barrel w/ ss EQ3 inserts

(7.) Pump Rental Mag
    _____It's an engraved Field Rental valve that was part of a very utilitarian back-bottle build until I recently replaced a standard AM rail with Luke's Wave rail. The KAPP Groovy frame unfortunately had the wings milled off before coming into my possession and now the nickel plating is flaking horribly. I have to see now if it can be replated; if not perhaps it can stripped, polished and ano'd clear. It'll eventually get a nice Hawaiian aqua water ano and be strictly a "stock class" pump.

- AGD Automag standard feed-right polished body
    - "Field Rental 68Automag A.I.R." valve #FG38776
    - ?? perforated velocity wheel and lock
    - Luke's AM/MM short Wave rail
    - KAPP Groovy single-trigger frame
    - Luke's Circle Hex aluminum 45 grip panels
    - MWPB aluminum 45 humpback adapter
    - Cerberus Innovations aluminum AGD-style pump kit
    - Barrels Of America Snakebite chromed-brass barrel
    or Smart Parts Freak stainless steel barrel

(8.) Hybrid Highlander Mag
    _____I think a hybrid Mag that's meant to be swapped from pump to mech with different feed options would be cool as would the unique RTP/EM-length for a pump. I picked up a Cerberus Tactical pump kit and now want to keep the other pieces blocky and lined too. The linearness make me think of plaid so it's going to get a nice lime on navy Scottish scheme.

- AGD Tac-One body pump-milled
    - vert feed/Warp feed/spring feed/stick feed
    - plaid "X" valve #VV

- Luke's long Armada rail pump-milled
    - John Sosta's Power Pulse Products .45 Elite Expansion Grip frame
    - AGD Blade v2 trigger (cut)

- Luke's AGD Lion grip panels
    - PTP trashcan VASA w/ 12g quick changer
    - Cerberus Innovations aluminm open-top Tactical pump kit
    - Custom Products gen1 2-piece barrel, Freak-bored

(9.) Red Fin Tuna Mag
    _____This is a part of a triplet 'Mag build with my two brothers - we're triplets. Common theme is DW bodies, Tuna valves, 90 frames and other cool uncommon parts. Black is boring and uninspiring so I like the idea of flowing the red from the valve to rail to foregrip; then perhaps a pinkish salmon/ahi hue or a more vivid peachy ano for the rest.

- DeadlyWind Chord V2 AM-length body
    - red "Tuna X" valve #VV06316
    - RPG Subzero feedneck
    - RPG MiniWave/Slipstream rail
    - Logic Industries Vertical Mag Frame (VMF)
    - ?unknown? wavy Logic trigger
    - Luke's custom "scales" aluminum 90 panels
    - Luke's 1-piece smooth foregrip
    - Doc's Machine Tanto barrel, Freak-bored

(10.) Pneu X-Kitty Mag
    _____I started a build thread ( New Pneu X-Kitty ) on the revival of the X-Kitty X-Mag body I bought from RogueFactor on PBLegion back in 2010 (who coincidentally also just sold me a Reverse X valve for the project!). I'm glad I went on a hiatus because my intention back then was to re-ano it black and gold - it's staying original now! It's going to be Warp left and with reverse valve so the roof and passenger sides are slick and free of obstructions. It's also going to be my first Pneumag project and it'd be cool if I can find a way to keep it switchable but mech-pneu hybrid rather than mech-electro hybrid. Time will tell.

- AGD CnC X-Mag body X-Kitty clear-to-pink fade
    - AGD CnC X-Mag Warp left breech
    or BigEvil CCM'd CnC vertical breech
    - dust black X-Kitty Reverse X valve #VVXKITTY
    (thanks to Craig Palmer at PPS for the lasering!)
    - PTP eMicromag frame (gutted)
    - DIY pneumatics kit
    - TunaBlade trigger
    - Luke's AO Hex aluminum EM panels
    - XMT CnC-style battery pack foregrip
    - J&J Edge barrel kit black
    Last edited by Walking Stick; 05-13-2018 at 06:18 PM. Reason: changes

(11.) Jurassic/Automooog/Nor'easter Mag
    _____My dream Mag actually coming to fruition! Well, the deal is currently in progress and being worked. I'm loving the amount of real estate for ano. A Jurassic Park Ford Explorer color scheme or a cow pattern were my first thoughts. Perhaps a Lightning design la PTP Micromags. The company that did them still exists in Ohio but a $1000+ airbrush/ano job seems excessive...ish.

- AGD Euro X-Mag body
    - BigEvil modded vertical breech
    - black "X" valve #VV
    - Cerberus Innovations Stormwalk frame/foregrip/panels

- Magnus Sabre trigger
    - J&J Edge barrel kit

(12.) Goldilocks Mag
    _____I loved the design the second I saw the raw prototype - when it was still a separate body and rail. I put down a deposit for one but unfortunately disappeared from paintball for 5 years right after. My loss and I truly regret not finishing the transaction. Luckily, I grabbed this gold ano'd one in Jan.'18 from cougar20th who received it from XMT as payment for designing the Shockwave body - a cool little history. The Shockwave is going to get a Shocktech valve and wavy Airwalk frame to go with the flow.

- XMT Shockwave unibody
    - Nummech feedneck
    - black "Shocktech" alum reg on "68Automag A.I.R." valve #CF14350
    - Cerberus Innovations Airwalk V2 frame with squiggly trigger and aluminum panels
    - XMT Shockwave battery pack cover with Lc adapter
    - Lapco Big Shot barrel, Freak/Equation-bored

(13.) Choco Taco Mag
    _____I felt the Ripper design was great when it first came out on the Bob Long Intimidator and had to purchase this XMT body. I recently acquired the Ripper rail which I think needs to be cut and filed some to make the pieces flow together better. It will be nano-short with the capped valve, and I think a Hershey's chocolate brown ano would do the ripples justice.

- XMT Ripper EM-length Ripper body and rail (cut)
    - Custom Products feedneck
    - capped MCB Deus Machina "68Automag Classic" valve #CF
    - KAM M86 frame with trigger and aluminum panels
    - Luke's Trex pneumatic kit
    - RT Pro VASA
    - Air America Black Ice aluminum regulator
    - Custom Products gen1 2-piece barrel kit

(14.) Rose Thorn Mag
    _____I've had a Tyson Machado spiked rail for years but didn't like it with the Chord or Ripper bodies. Once the Nummech N-Mag frame came out with knotted trigger guard a plan started forming. The rail will be rose colored with a barrel-mounted foregrip and probably just a smooth ULE body to highlight the spikes. But if Nummech actually makes a Necro or Edge unibody the rail might be re-homed yet again.

- AM/ULE/Nummech Necro body
    - rose Air America alum reg on "68Automag A.I.R" valve #CF
    - Tyson Machado AM/MM rail
    - Nummech N-Mag frame
    - RPG Splinter trigger
    - custom engraved aluminum panels
    - Nummech foregrip

- foregrip barrel mount
    - Lapco Big Shot barrel kit

(15.) Hale-Bopper Mag
    _____I've always had a bit of an astronomy nerd in me so the current slew of cosmic/galatic ano jobs make me geek out - I need to jump on the bandwagon too. After seeing several unibody Evo builds, it would be a great canvas and match up well to a UMF frame. The name comes from the incredible '95-97 Comet Hale-Bopp.

- XMT Evo unibody
    - Inception FLE feedneck

- black "X-Valve" #VV02705
    - Logic Industries Ultimate Mag Frame (UMF)
    - Logic RRfireblade trigger
    - Luke's UMF aluminum panels
    - XMT Evo foregrip
    - Inception Stella barrel, Freak-bored

(16.) Plum Blaster Mag
    _____Most pieces are MIA but I'll find them eventually. I want to highlight the purple valve and matching tube body and make it contrat against the curvy Alpha rail so the rest of the marker will be ano'd an anthracite grey. I'll combine Luke's T-rex pneumatic kit with an ULT for the shortest, lightest and smoothest trigger possible on this purple paint flinger.

- XMT ULE Minimag body
    - Luke's Deflator feedneck

- purple "X" valve #VV04179
    - Logic Industries Alpha AM rail
    - Luke's MV2 frame with aluminum panels
    - Luke's UltraBlade trigger
    - Luke's Trex pneumatic kit
    - AGD ULT
    - KAPP foregrip
    - Deadlywind X-Fibur barrel, Freak-bored

(17.) 'Murica! Mag
    _____This will be an RPG Mag and I'm only missing an RPG body and blue X valve. Hrm, maybe the VD foregrip needs go in favor ofvan RPG angled VASA and CP-clone foregrip. I'm really leaning towards a Pooty water-colory Red, White & Blue ano for this one transitioning from the blue valve up along the Wave/Slipstream rail to the red foregrip.

- RPG Exile body
    - RPG SubZero feedneck
    - blue "X" valve #VV
    - RPG Wave/Slipstream rail
    - RPG Triton frame
    - RPG ViperBlade trigger
    - RPG smoked polymer panels
    - Venomous Designs stubby angled cf red foregrip
    - Equation Multiple Switch Pro/Bizerk barrel kits w/ ss EQ3 inserts

(19.) Jekyll-n-Hyde Mag
    _____Since the X-Kitty now has a Reverse X my Reverse ReTro needs a new home. Doing a twin 'Mag build would be cool, especially as loaners. Warpless setup with Warped ULEs with some cool opposing ano scheme seems fitting. Nasty twins would be an absolute killer.

- AGD left + right Warp ULE bodies w/ contrasting anos
    - reverse "ReTro" valve #VV00772 + "ReTro" valve #VV01847
    - ? rail
    - ? frame

- Luke's Argo trigger
    - Cerberus Innovations Knuckles foregrip
    - Smart Parts All American + Teardrop Freak barrel kits

(18.) Lion Hex Mag
    _____I recently obtained this non-extended Slug body so there're many ideas going through my head: windows, Aztec/Twister lines, hexagon shaped cylinder, heatsink fins, golfball dimples... I really want it to represent AGD and AO so perhaps an ano in navy/grey/orange and blue/silver/yellow splash-faded-acid washes. And add a pew-pewter X to round out my colored X valve collection. Time will tell where this goes and it'll probably be the last 'Mag I complete.

- AGD ULE Slug custom milled
    - AKA feedneck
    - pewter "X" valve #VV
    - Luke's Gumshoe rail custom engraved (BQASS + AO)
    - Luke's Z2 grip with trigger and panels
    - Luke's angled 3-pc aluminum foregrip

- Custom Products gen1 2-piece barrel kit

(20.) ?????
    _____Not sure what I want to build here. Possibly new Mag stuff or just more of the older, unique 'Mag pieces. This would be a great place for KNM's printed single-trigger Y-Grip frame. Or the WDP Angel IR3 Spaceframe/Cutlass frame I have - paintball's first 90 degree frame.
    Last edited by Walking Stick; 05-14-2018 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Changes

Reserved for finished family photos...
    Last edited by Walking Stick; 05-09-2018 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Last 5 Ideas are Now Builds

Wow!!! Very nice collection sir.

Nice builds! Glad to see somone putting some of my old parts to use. Can't wait to see that Shockwave build come along

Great collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post

(4.) Zee Smear Mag
    I saw pics of the Euro powerfeed and jumped on a body when one finally popped up. There were stock photos of that body in black Teflon but I never saw anyone with actual photos of one.

One of these?
    Name:  CtWXEYv.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  62.6 KB

The body, and rail set were bought new at the time Tom was getting ready to leave Agd. Its first assembly was in 2008. Hasn't changed yet. Other then adding blue grips. It has and always will be a pnuemag. Yes those are decals on the top of the body.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Very nice! So a Euro powerfeed RT body did come from the factory in black Teflon. What did AGD laser on the top of the body?

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
    Very nice! So a Euro powerfeed RT body did come from the factory in black Teflon. What did AGD laser on the top of the body?
    Those are decals one is a punisher skull the other is a cougar head similar to what was used for the car's.

Updated my collection now that I decided to stretch it to 20 total (damn disease!) and have added a few pieces here and there.

- #1, 3, 4 and 5 were rebuilt and are operational
    - #6, 7, 9 and 12 are next to be rebuilt
    - #10 is waiting for me to sort out a unique pneu setup
    - #13 is in the final stages of trimming
    - then #4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12 and 13 finally go off to ano!
    - leaving 50% of my 'Mag collection good-to-go!