Thread: ULE BODY detent question

ULE BODY detent question

Is there any benefit of adding an extra detent so there's one on the left and right or is one sufficient

Quote Originally Posted by Scottprocurot View Post
    Is there any benefit of adding an extra detent so there's one on the left and right or is one sufficient
    Really no benefit other than looks.

Looks more symmetrical.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Really no benefit other than looks.

Looks more symmetrical.
    Actually, if you're using a force-feed hopper and you experience double-feeds with smaller paint, having a second detent can help a lot. I experienced that at D-Day 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Actually, if you're using a force-feed hopper and you experience double-feeds with smaller paint, having a second detent can help a lot. I experienced that at D-Day 2012.
    We dont get that down here.

Mostly .685 ...

There were a couple years there where smaller paint complaints were becoming more common according to anecdotal reports. I have been shooting Valken paint pretty much exclusively since about 2013 and really haven't had a problem either. Oddly enough, the paint at D-Day 2012 was Valken Redemption and Valken Graffiti.

But there was a lot of talk on smaller bore sizes, and freak inserts, being necessary. Some into .675 and lower iirc.

I once blew out one of my detents and played the whole day without realizing it because I had two. So I guess that's a plus...

I just installed a second in my old ule body. A few weeks ago we had paint that was less than .675 on one side and more than .689 on the other. Stupid footballs.