Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warpless rotor shell

Warpless rotor shell

ill just post this up here.
    working on the shell,
    thats the current project on the table.
    ill come here with updates
    will probably be picture heavy if i keep on it.

Looking ok
    Name:  1511472445439.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  51.7 KB

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Big smile

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    Big smile
    lines up great.
    need to modify the mating surfaces that the top shell sits to the bottom.
    the surfaces arnt totally flat.
    which makes sense dye wouldn't want things easy.
    but i do have a contour that fits.
    just small tweeks and ill move from there.
    once its solid then ill start the full shell contour and then the position of the tube to the box rotor internals.

it looks good.
    very pleased.

I'll work some more on it tommorow.
    Got some more test material

Interested to see the progress. My time for projects has been extremely limited lately, lol.

Same. I'm trying to up on this consistently. It's just hard.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    still workin on it.
    no major updates.
    if i get time ill throw up some pics.

Interested.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

so here is a little update just a video.

coments and such just throw them up
    if there is something im not showing in the video or want to see in the next let me know
    not much to see yet. but its a start.

Wouldn't it be easier just to make both halves and only worry about the specs to make the mechanical parts fit?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier just to make both halves and only worry about the specs to make the mechanical parts fit?
    not sure what you mean? oh fit the rotor guts to my loader design?
    i lose the nylon premade proven bottom of the rotor if i do that.
    but yes i could go that direction.
    its a direction this could go if i need to.
    dont really want to.

but who knows maybe that is the direction the design goes on this.
    and just my opinion but for me personally they would both be on the same scale of ease to design.

my biggest difficulty now and i know you get this as well, but finding the time is rough.

Looking good!

Yea, just design the upper and lower halves to your spec so when you print the shells they fit together perfectly. Leave out the features you dont need like the original feedneck on the bottom (And whatever else, I never looked at it, but you would know) You could even design it to use a standard Warpfeed bracket if you wanted. The only spec you need to worry about would be the fitting of the internals, design the rest to your spec and it will make it MUCH easier in my opinion. I would imagine your burning some design and printing time trying to replicate it perfectly (As would be expected) all that effort goes away if you just redesign it.

I have another idea I'll share in a PM if you decide to go this route.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Yea, just design the upper and lower halves to your spec so when you print the shells they fit together perfectly. Leave out the features you dont need like the original feedneck on the bottom (And whatever else, I never looked at it, but you would know) You could even design it to use a standard Warpfeed bracket if you wanted. The only spec you need to worry about would be the fitting of the internals, design the rest to your spec and it will make it MUCH easier in my opinion. I would imagine your burning some design and printing time trying to replicate it perfectly (As would be expected) all that effort goes away if you just redesign it.

I have another idea I'll share in a PM if you decide to go this route.
    yeah ill throw something together and see where im at.

Are you guys able to get the Box Mag parts? I was under the impression that they were compatible with the normal rotor, in which case this whole thing becomes somewhat trivial.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

yeah I got the parts. they work like a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    yeah I got the parts. they work like a breeze.
    Where did you get them? Nobody seems to list them...

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Where did you get them? Nobody seems to list them...
    Dye

So what specifically are the extra DYE Box Rotor parts you'd need for a conversion?

Starting on the guts,

Wow. First positional test print is pretty spot on. Just an update. But here you go.

Footprint just need to tune then put a loader around it.
    Sucky I'm going this direction.
    I did just want to make a top shell so anyone with a rotor was ready to go. But analyzing how a printed top shell would mate with a rotor bottom shell; the seam where they join would be cursed to be the weakest point. So full loader it is.

I like where this is going...
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

UPDATE #2

questions dont hesitate to ask.

So most of the internal parts will come from a standard Rotor...which ones come from a Box Rotor and acquired individually through DYE - the red propeller and black cage pieces?

Does the donating Rotor series matter - original, R2, LT-R?

yes the spiral and the cage(eight ball)
    I think im working off two original ones.
    I would need an R2 to look at and compare and an LT-R.
    but im guessing those are the same internals. since I cant find any documentation on change parts for the release of those loaders.
    and yes the intents is to get the shell going and use donor parts from an existing rotor.

maybe....... down the road ill pursue making the internals minus the battery pack with the gear motor, that's not really a thought right now.

UPDATE #3

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
    So most of the internal parts will come from a standard Rotor...which ones come from a Box Rotor and acquired individually through DYE - the red propeller and black cage pieces?

Does the donating Rotor series matter - original, R2, LT-R?
    I think the red piece is called the center arm, and the "8 ball" wheel is the other piece you will need.

For the R2 it looks like they made a few tweaks to the internals (and implemented a feature I had predicted like in 2008), but those parts remain compatible. Don't quote me on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    I think the red piece is called the center arm, and the "8 ball" wheel is the other piece you will need.

For the R2 it looks like they made a few tweaks to the internals (and implemented a feature I had predicted like in 2008), but those parts remain compatible. Don't quote me on that though.
    thankyou for getting the info out. ill call dye when I get a chance and make sure this is confirmed. before things are too set.