Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 78

Thread: LcMP90 - P90 LPR - VASA

  1. #31
    So it's time to send you our CP direct ASA's?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,063
    Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    So it's time to send you our CP direct ASA's?
    I'll get it posted on my website this weekend.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Western Mass
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    The hard part is done so I should be able to knock out all the parts then move right to the next project.

    Pump Kits
    The user formally known as Lancecst.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,063
    Quote Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
    Pump Kits
    I'm easily scheduled 7 projects deep but unfortunately pump kits haven't made the list yet.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Inception Designs HQ
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    The initial testing on the P90 lpr looks good. I'm going to disassemble the reg and re-mic everything to double check the specs, then do more testing, then I'll gear up for production. The hard part is done so I should be able to knock out all the parts then move right to the next project.

    This is where i have problems. Why isn't this prototype out in the world, or even having a few case put to it, in real world situations? Sure, the numbers can be right, and your machining could be accurate, but without thoroughly testing something, even having real world figures, you are loosing valuable effort to prove the design. A car maker doesn't think that a new vehicle will work just because they made a few million before hand.

    I would gladly put this to the test, since i am surely the most unbiased person here. But that would never happen. Just because it is simple, and the math is right, fits in this frame and you shot it few times does not prove that their aren't potential problems.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,063
    I've got the testing covered, thanks.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Western Mass
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I'm easily scheduled 7 projects deep but unfortunately pump kits haven't made the list yet.
    I keep hoping that if I ask enough the answer will eventually be yes.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,063
    Quote Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
    I keep hoping that if I ask enough the answer will eventually be yes.
    Lol, I know. It is on the to do list, just not in the ranking yet.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Inception Designs HQ
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I've got the testing covered, thanks.
    So did British Aerospace with the Comet, Ford with the Corvair, google with google glasses, Apple with the Lisa, just to name a few.

    But seriously, you can nor will never find fault with anything you may make, because you are biased. That is not the best way to do husiness. Again, after all, anything i do say, like this is constructive criticism for the betterment of you and your products.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Lol, I know. It is on the to do list, just not in the ranking yet.
    If you ever do, take a long look at how AGD did theirs with the non circular pump shaft. Pretty well eliminates any wobble and (IMO) looks much better than having 3 rods running out the front.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    But seriously, you can nor will never find fault with anything you may make, because you are biased. That is not the best way to do husiness. Again, after all, anything i do say, like this is constructive criticism for the betterment of you and your products.
    I appreciate your concern, thanks.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,063
    So I just finished up another round of testing today, here are the numbers.

    *67 minute mechanical test (ran on my knee mill)
    *Spindle speed is 660 rpm
    *Two paddles on the actuator converts to 1320 rpms
    *1320 rpms equal 22 cycles per second
    *67 minute test time equals 88,440 cycles or 44.22 cases of paint. (I actually ran in excess of 90K off the clock)
    *LPR set at about 58 psi input
    *LPR running test is 58-52 psi (-6 psi deviation which is tighter than my FG-LPR)

    I found zero leaks or hiccups with the LPR, the only issue was with the Fabco MSV2. I had to stop 23 minutes in to oil the valve, a few shots of oil and we were back in business.

    Next step is to disassemble and inspect, then move on to the 3rd round of testing.

    Here's a short clip of the test>
    http://videos.weebly.com/uploads/3/5..._video_941.mp4

    A few pictures of the test setup:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P90 LPR Test Setup 2.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	95398

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P90 LPR Test Setup 1.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	95397

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Inception Designs HQ
    Posts
    2,348
    I have a feeling that the post above is for my benefit

    But, only 58psi input? Isn't the job of the LPR to take bottle pressure down to usable or working preasure or is that a typo? Cause the way i understand it, that people will be putting 800psi+ into the LPR and no one wants a failure of over pressurizing their setup, wbether it's the intial gas up or hapfway through the day.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,063
    58 psi is what the LPR is putting out at a stand still, not input pressure. The pressure gauge between the LPR and the MSV2 is to measure the output air of the regulator not the in coming air. The 58-52 psi shows the recovery rate at 22 cycles per second. 60 psi is typically the highest pressure people run the pneumag setups, I setup the T-Rex about 40 psi. (Lower pressures are faster)

    Yes it easily handles all input pressures required by Automag builds.

    Yes the post was for you but not the testing itself.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    460
    Luke, this is awesome stuff!

  16. #46
    Wow. This is more exciting than anything on TV. Awesome work Luke. I want one in my Z2.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,063
    More testing today...
    Based strictly on the math and the motor specs on the knee mill this should be 22 cycles per second. It would be interesting to see what a sound file says.
    *AGD Retro Valve with RT On/Off
    *T-Rex
    *P90 LPR
    *Ninja Reg set at 925 psi
    (LPR set so there's no bounce)

    Here's a short clip>
    http://videos.weebly.com/uploads/3/5...test_1_111.mp4

    A few pictures of the test setup
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knee mill test picture 1.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	95408

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knee mill test Ninja reg 2.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	95409
    Last edited by luke; 01-24-2018 at 12:25 PM.

  18. #48
    Looks like just a hair shy of 24

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mp90.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	95405

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,063
    Holy cow, thanks PGP!

  20. #50
    I love watching your creations! Nice work as always

  21. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I'll get it posted on my website this weekend.
    Does this mod have to be a CP Asa? I was looking at a different ASA to keep a symmetrical look on my gun.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathetic_Chaos View Post
    Does this mod have to be a CP Asa? I was looking at a different ASA to keep a symmetrical look on my gun.
    No.

    The 'hidden LPR' is only an option. You can still run any LPR of your choice, mounted anywhere you like.

    I still have the FG-LPR that can be used, my new VASA's can be used with or without the new P90 LPR (Or the reg of your choice).

    The MP90 grip frame can also be use without pneumatics.

  23. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    No.

    The 'hidden LPR' is only an option. You can still run any LPR of your choice, mounted anywhere you like.

    I still have the FG-LPR that can be used, my new VASA's can be used with or without the new P90 LPR (Or the reg of your choice).

    The MP90 grip frame can also be use without pneumatics.
    Thanks, I was hoping to do a sleeper pneumag set up once this frame comes out, so I will start saving.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathetic_Chaos View Post
    Thanks, I was hoping to do a sleeper pneumag set up once this frame comes out, so I will start saving.
    OK so maybe I misunderstood your question, I personally wont be modifying any other ASA's for the sleeper mod and I dont have any idea if there are options for it.
    That said, I will be making ASA's this year that will be sleeper ready, but they are down the project list a ways.

  25. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    OK so maybe I misunderstood your question, I personally wont be modifying any other ASA's for the sleeper mod and I dont have any idea if there are options for it.
    That said, I will be making ASA's this year that will be sleeper ready, but they are down the project list a ways.
    Ok, I'll still be on the list for this frame and LPR, thanks Luke

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    Looks like just a hair shy of 24
    How big of a hassle is it to run this sound wave test? I've ran a higher cps test and am curious if the system is keeping up or if the paddles are out running the trigger.

  27. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    How big of a hassle is it to run this sound wave test? I've ran a higher cps test and am curious if the system is keeping up or if the paddles are out running the trigger.
    It's super easy. I just exported the audio out of your video, pulled it up in Audacity (free) and zoomed in on a one second period. If you want me to do another one just post it up.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    460
    Luke, are you ready to take my money yet? I just realized I sold my RPG grip and can now justify purchasing of these.

  29. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by blamtro View Post
    Luke, are you ready to take my money yet? I just realized I sold my RPG grip and can now justify purchasing of these.
    Yea, I've got the same question

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,063
    I haven't decided if I'm going to put up a pre-production sale thread or just put them up for sale when their done, rest assured the project (everything in this thread) is moving forward behind the scenes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •