Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LcMP90 - P90 LPR - VASA

So it's time to send you our CP direct ASA's?

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    So it's time to send you our CP direct ASA's?
    I'll get it posted on my website this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    The hard part is done so I should be able to knock out all the parts then move right to the next project.

Pump Kits
    The user formally known as Lancecst.

Quote Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
    Pump Kits
    I'm easily scheduled 7 projects deep but unfortunately pump kits haven't made the list yet.

The initial testing on the P90 lpr looks good. I'm going to disassemble the reg and re-mic everything to double check the specs, then do more testing, then I'll gear up for production. The hard part is done so I should be able to knock out all the parts then move right to the next project.

This is where i have problems. Why isn't this prototype out in the world, or even having a few case put to it, in real world situations? Sure, the numbers can be right, and your machining could be accurate, but without thoroughly testing something, even having real world figures, you are loosing valuable effort to prove the design. A car maker doesn't think that a new vehicle will work just because they made a few million before hand.

I would gladly put this to the test, since i am surely the most unbiased person here. But that would never happen. Just because it is simple, and the math is right, fits in this frame and you shot it few times does not prove that their aren't potential problems.

I've got the testing covered, thanks.

I'm easily scheduled 7 projects deep but unfortunately pump kits haven't made the list yet.
    I keep hoping that if I ask enough the answer will eventually be yes.

Quote Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
    I keep hoping that if I ask enough the answer will eventually be yes.
    Lol, I know. It is on the to do list, just not in the ranking yet.

I've got the testing covered, thanks.
    So did British Aerospace with the Comet, Ford with the Corvair, google with google glasses, Apple with the Lisa, just to name a few.

But seriously, you can nor will never find fault with anything you may make, because you are biased. That is not the best way to do husiness. Again, after all, anything i do say, like this is constructive criticism for the betterment of you and your products.

Lol, I know. It is on the to do list, just not in the ranking yet.
    If you ever do, take a long look at how AGD did theirs with the non circular pump shaft. Pretty well eliminates any wobble and (IMO) looks much better than having 3 rods running out the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    But seriously, you can nor will never find fault with anything you may make, because you are biased. That is not the best way to do husiness. Again, after all, anything i do say, like this is constructive criticism for the betterment of you and your products.
    I appreciate your concern, thanks.

So I just finished up another round of testing today, here are the numbers.

*67 minute mechanical test (ran on my knee mill)
    *Spindle speed is 660 rpm
    *Two paddles on the actuator converts to 1320 rpms
    *1320 rpms equal 22 cycles per second
    *67 minute test time equals 88,440 cycles or 44.22 cases of paint. (I actually ran in excess of 90K off the clock)
    *LPR set at about 58 psi input
    *LPR running test is 58-52 psi (-6 psi deviation which is tighter than my FG-LPR)

I found zero leaks or hiccups with the LPR, the only issue was with the Fabco MSV2. I had to stop 23 minutes in to oil the valve, a few shots of oil and we were back in business.

Next step is to disassemble and inspect, then move on to the 3rd round of testing.

Here's a short clip of the test>
    http://videos.weebly.com/uploads/3/5..._video_941.mp4

A few pictures of the test setup:
    Name:  P90 LPR Test Setup 2.JPG
Views: 177
Size:  125.7 KB

Name:  P90 LPR Test Setup 1.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  120.6 KB

I have a feeling that the post above is for my benefit

But, only 58psi input? Isn't the job of the LPR to take bottle pressure down to usable or working preasure or is that a typo? Cause the way i understand it, that people will be putting 800psi+ into the LPR and no one wants a failure of over pressurizing their setup, wbether it's the intial gas up or hapfway through the day.

58 psi is what the LPR is putting out at a stand still, not input pressure. The pressure gauge between the LPR and the MSV2 is to measure the output air of the regulator not the in coming air. The 58-52 psi shows the recovery rate at 22 cycles per second. 60 psi is typically the highest pressure people run the pneumag setups, I setup the T-Rex about 40 psi. (Lower pressures are faster)

Yes it easily handles all input pressures required by Automag builds.

Yes the post was for you but not the testing itself.

Luke, this is awesome stuff!

Wow. This is more exciting than anything on TV. Awesome work Luke. I want one in my Z2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More testing today...
    Based strictly on the math and the motor specs on the knee mill this should be 22 cycles per second. It would be interesting to see what a sound file says.
    *AGD Retro Valve with RT On/Off
    *T-Rex
    *P90 LPR
    *Ninja Reg set at 925 psi
    (LPR set so there's no bounce)

Here's a short clip>
    http://videos.weebly.com/uploads/3/5...test_1_111.mp4

A few pictures of the test setup
    Name:  Knee mill test picture 1.JPG
Views: 177
Size:  136.9 KB

Name:  Knee mill test Ninja reg 2.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  130.8 KB
    Last edited by luke; 01-24-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Looks like just a hair shy of 24

Name:  mp90.png
Views: 202
Size:  30.1 KB

Holy cow, thanks PGP!

I love watching your creations! Nice work as always

I'll get it posted on my website this weekend.
    Does this mod have to be a CP Asa? I was looking at a different ASA to keep a symmetrical look on my gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Apathetic_Chaos View Post
    Does this mod have to be a CP Asa? I was looking at a different ASA to keep a symmetrical look on my gun.
    No.

The 'hidden LPR' is only an option. You can still run any LPR of your choice, mounted anywhere you like.

I still have the FG-LPR that can be used, my new VASA's can be used with or without the new P90 LPR (Or the reg of your choice).

The MP90 grip frame can also be use without pneumatics.

No.

The 'hidden LPR' is only an option. You can still run any LPR of your choice, mounted anywhere you like.

I still have the FG-LPR that can be used, my new VASA's can be used with or without the new P90 LPR (Or the reg of your choice).

The MP90 grip frame can also be use without pneumatics.
    Thanks, I was hoping to do a sleeper pneumag set up once this frame comes out, so I will start saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathetic_Chaos View Post
    Thanks, I was hoping to do a sleeper pneumag set up once this frame comes out, so I will start saving.
    OK so maybe I misunderstood your question, I personally wont be modifying any other ASA's for the sleeper mod and I dont have any idea if there are options for it.
    That said, I will be making ASA's this year that will be sleeper ready, but they are down the project list a ways.

OK so maybe I misunderstood your question, I personally wont be modifying any other ASA's for the sleeper mod and I dont have any idea if there are options for it.
    That said, I will be making ASA's this year that will be sleeper ready, but they are down the project list a ways.
    Ok, I'll still be on the list for this frame and LPR, thanks Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    Looks like just a hair shy of 24
    How big of a hassle is it to run this sound wave test? I've ran a higher cps test and am curious if the system is keeping up or if the paddles are out running the trigger.

How big of a hassle is it to run this sound wave test? I've ran a higher cps test and am curious if the system is keeping up or if the paddles are out running the trigger.
    It's super easy. I just exported the audio out of your video, pulled it up in Audacity (free) and zoomed in on a one second period. If you want me to do another one just post it up.

Luke, are you ready to take my money yet? I just realized I sold my RPG grip and can now justify purchasing of these.

Quote Originally Posted by blamtro View Post
    Luke, are you ready to take my money yet? I just realized I sold my RPG grip and can now justify purchasing of these.
    Yea, I've got the same question

I haven't decided if I'm going to put up a pre-production sale thread or just put them up for sale when their done, rest assured the project (everything in this thread) is moving forward behind the scenes.