Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Z2 Grip Frame

Okay, I'm so in for this... just have to decide if I want one or two! Sending Paypal when I get home from work.

Count me in - it would go well with my newly acquired RPG Wave rail. I'll order that along with a TRex MV2 I've been planning for after the holiday.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

What would be the total cost for the frame and the t-Rex installed

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony w Lawrence View Post
    What would be the total cost for the frame and the t-Rex installed
    I'm not sure what the cost will be with LPR and T-Rex yet. Once I get the prototype lpr machined I'll take a look.

If there's any chance the frame, t-rex, LPR, and appropriate ASA come in around $400, I'm in.
    My birthday is June. If the elite frame was my Christmas present to me, this could be a nice birthday present to myself.

I do have plans on manufacturing an ASA that is compatible with this frame but it's farther down on the list of parts that are currently designed and inline for production. I do hope to have it on the market next year, however it's not designed yet, just some loose ideas. That said, in the short term I'll setup and mod CP asa's to get the frame up and running. I prefer to do a single run of mods so if your getting a frame you may want to pick up a CP ASA, you can even send it in now.

There may have been a misunderstanding with me posting the CAD work. When I stated "when hit 10 pre-orders I would do the CAD work" it only meant that. We'll need to get more on the list to get this to production.

If you can't or dont want to pre order but are interested in getting one when their done, speak up because it does affect the direction of the project. As of right now it's not looking like the effort will be worth it. But we still have plenty of time so I'm not sweating it. I have a bunch of parts ready to go in front of it so we'll let it ride and see what happens.

I'll try and sweeten the pot with a package deal for the guys that preorder but it's a little early to make promises in that regard, but I'm gonna try.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I'll setup and mod CP asa's to get the frame up and running. I prefer to do a single run of mods so if your getting a frame you may want to pick up a CP ASA, you can even send it in now.
    I’m definitely gonna go with one of your sleeper ASAs’ for this project but actually need a modded CP direct mount for something else right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the sleeper port take standard LPRs with 1/8 npt fittings?
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Will the sleeper port take standard LPRs with 1/8 npt fittings?
    Yes. But you'll likely have to install the low pressure hose barb after the LPR is installed, because it probably wont clear the frame.

On my LPR I'm using a modified 1/8-27 NPT thread that will seat the LPR exactly as shown in the CAD above, it seals with an o-ring on the bottom side of the fitting. The manifold with the attached hose barb on mine is designed to spin 360* for positioning and installation.

Last edited by luke; 12-26-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Put me down for one. I will probably want the entire package deal with sleeper set up and everything. Will send $ in a few days.

So... any ideas on how hard this might be to modify for an autococker?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBobFett View Post
    So... any ideas on how hard this might be to modify for an autococker?
    I dont think it can be modified it would need to be (re)designed specifically for the Autococker.

I'm posting this here because both the Z2 and LcMP90 frames are hinged off the new LPR project and I've had a bunch of inquiries about the LPR threads. Threads are standard 1/8-27 NPT (1/8" pipe) so 'other' LPRs will still work in these frames. The new LPR has a shorter thread design that seals with an o-ring instead of thread sealer. It can be screwed in by hand, down to the point of contact with the o-ring, then about a 1/2 to 3/4 turn with a wrench seats the LPR. It should make for easy assembly/disassembly and it can still be used in all standard 1/8" pipe threaded holes. If the o-ring doen't have a flat surface to seal on you can still use a thread sealer for those applications.

This is a test block to check the settings of the new extra long tooling needed to do the Z2 LPR machining, the picture just illustrates the difference between a standard 1/8" pipe fitting and the new LPR mounted profiles.
    I'll have the LPR prototype done real soon..

Name:  MP90 LPR.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  68.3 KB

Had a productive day today, it looks like the 'swivel manifold' design is solid. Tomorrow I'll be working on the housing and housing fixtures.

Name:  MP90 LPR Manifold.JPG
Views: 179
Size:  75.2 KB

I just bumped into the numbers for the first run of Z-grips. Only 400 were made. If you don't want to search and wait for the unicorn.... now is the time to buy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I just bumped into the numbers for the first run of Z-grips. Only 400 were made. If you don't want to search and wait for the unicorn.... now is the time to buy!!
    Soon to be 413.

(Thanks Bunny, I was curious how many were made)

Payment sent on mine

Thanks

Payment sent for pre order!

Thanks

CalledFollower #14 thanks

unnngg struggling with buying this or keeping my luke-milled orig z frame.

If it's any consolation (in either direction) this isn't the same frame.

Is it feasible to make your Sidekick gas through for your new LPR? The sleeper pneu setup is ideal but a bottomline ASA and Z-grip is like oil and water. At least for me it is, requiring a drop forward and/or an Lc Sidekick, NDZ Dropkick or FBM Power Wedge to hold it comfortably.

How about an ASA-Gas Through-Sidekick? (One part)

I'm going to step back a mile, put a foot in my mouth, and let you do your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
    I'm going to step back a mile, put a foot in my mouth, and let you do your thing.
    Nah, these types of inquiries help me confirm ideas and design directions.

Thanks for the updates, can't wait to hold one.

Can there please be a lefty version this time?

Yes !!