Thread: RKM 3D Designs discussion

RKM 3D Designs discussion

here is the start to the thread ill use this for previews for parts to come, stuff im working on, suggestions for things to be made.
    suggestions will be looked at noted and such, dont have the time to just spit out parts. you guys know how it is.
    so here is my ugly mug and an office tour.

video has some length too it, but its a good start.

any questions go ahead and leave them on the video or here.
    ill see what i can do to help.

***parts inside

Last edited by knownothingmags; 02-15-2018 at 11:23 PM.

hold for more?

and more?

one more....

I've been looking for someone to print me a eye cover for my e cocker.

It would be pretty simple, mostly a flat piece with a hole, the hardest part would be figuring out the interface between it and the grip frame. Wgp used a wire imbedded in the rubber wire cover. I don't know if it's possible but printing around a wire would be the best option I think

You know more about printing than I do though

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

How about eye covers...

for an Angel LCD...

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    How about eye covers...

for an Angel LCD...

lol yeah, let me start looking at that again.

Quote Originally Posted by trbo323 View Post
    I've been looking for someone to print me a eye cover for my e cocker.

It would be pretty simple, mostly a flat piece with a hole, the hardest part would be figuring out the interface between it and the grip frame. Wgp used a wire imbedded in the rubber wire cover. I don't know if it's possible but printing around a wire would be the best option I think

You know more about printing than I do though

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    yeah could be done I do believe, may need gun for positioning of where things are going and shape.

Oops nevermind, saw the Big Box at the end there.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Oops nevermind, saw the Big Box at the end there.
    why whats up?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    why whats up?
    I was just remembering you mentioning that printer, and was wondering if you ever actually picked one up.

I've also got an Mk3. It's OK out of the box, but it needs a few... fixes. Community is working on them.

I was just remembering you mentioning that printer, and was wondering if you ever actually picked one up.

I've also got an Mk3. It's OK out of the box, but it needs a few... fixes. Community is working on them.
    must have gotten a wonky one, or are they more software related?
    there release wasn't the best.
    issues with a i3 are easy to fix, if i run into any it shouldnt be too rough.

my I3 is good for what it is. for me its just another printer that can run, and run any material i want. the hotend is whats proved that for me.

No, unfortunately it's a parade of unforced errors. There are literal geometry errors in the X, Y, Z, and extruder axes.

It's not a subjective or qualitative thing either -- note the parts repo was updated 6 days ago. When you get a manufacturer to admit that kind of error, you know it's real.

So the good news is the printer works well enough to re-print those parts, mostly.

But you can't print a new PSU, and the filament sensor failure mode is catastrophic.

No, unfortunately it's a parade of unforced errors. There are literal geometry errors in the X, Y, Z, and extruder axes.

It's not a subjective or qualitative thing either -- note the parts repo was updated 6 days ago. When you get a manufacturer to admit that kind of error, you know it's real.

So the good news is the printer works well enough to re-print those parts, mostly.

But you can't print a new PSU, and the filament sensor failure mode is catastrophic.
    oh jeez,
    tell him to send you a new one.