Thread: Air System Output...

Air System Output...

I've got a couple of Ninja brand air systems with regs that need repair, and the more I look at them; needing rebuilds, gauges, ball valve conversions, and new bonnets, the more I think I'm just going to cut my losses and replace the regulators entirely.

That brings me to the Mag related part of my question. I've got a Minimag project that is about ready to hit the field, and one of these air systems will probably be dedicated to running with it. For the standard Ninja reg "High" output is 800psi; however, there's also the option to step up to "Super High Pressure" and have between 950psi output on the lowend, and 1100psi on the high end. I've got an E-mag valve, running mechanical with an Intelliframe(if that matters), and no ULT. There's also a LVL 10 install in my future, but I'm waiting to get the marker really up and 100% functioning before I add that into the equation.

What differences can I expect between the standard(800psi) output and the higher output levels of the SHP reg? Do any of you have direct experience with both? Any notable pros or cons? Will the difference be lost on a neophyte such as myself? Thanks for any input!

The low pressure on the High output v2 reg starts below 900. So if i was buying a reg specifically for a mag I would do the shp and run second from lowest pressure. Which is 950 ish. And this is exactly what I do with my rt. Because with that you can still lower the output to 850 ish. There is a thread on here I started a few years ago that lists the output pressures of the shp v2 reg. A few of us posted our findings that way it wasn't strictly trusting one gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    The low pressure on the High output v2 reg starts below 900. So if i was buying a reg specifically for a mag I would do the shp and run second from lowest pressure. Which is 950 ish. And this is exactly what I do with my rt. Because with that you can still lower the output to 850 ish. There is a thread on here I started a few years ago that lists the output pressures of the shp v2 reg. A few of us posted our findings that way it wasn't strictly trusting one gauge.
    Thanks, man. After digging through some of those posts, I'm leaning more towards two standard Pro V2's and just shim one out for the Mag, and drop the other one all the way down for my Electros. Would give me a viable spare tank as well. I'm not trying for super-duper RT action(though it would be fun), I'm just wanting a nice shooter / conversation starter to do mech events and rec play.

It is far easier to have regular output of 800psi(give or take) but set the valve to react how you want it on reactiveness through the on/off pin, than to have a tank you literally can not use other where else (i have multiple different guns, so using the same tank on different guns is real nice). It also helps with not blowing noids and such if you accidently put the wrong tank on the wrong gun.

Also, even though you can use a SHP tank, it doesn't mean its the best option. A 800psi output is very nice overall. All my Xvalves are set up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    It is far easier to have regular output of 800psi(give or take) but set the valve to react how you want it on reactiveness through the on/off pin, than to have a tank you literally can not use other where else (i have multiple different guns, so using the same tank on different guns is real nice). It also helps with not blowing noids and such if you accidently put the wrong tank on the wrong gun.

Also, even though you can use a SHP tank, it doesn't mean its the best option. A 800psi output is very nice overall. All my Xvalves are set up that way.
    This is what i have ended up doing. I run all of my markers off of 800-850 psi (pure energy and crossfire regs). Makes loaning and swapping tanks easy. However i am waiting on powerhouse to get back to me about when they are getting the 850psi pistons built. I have heard good things about them.