Thread: Custom Products Direct Mount on/off Disassembly How To?

Custom Products Direct Mount on/off Disassembly How To?

Looking to disassemble my Custom Products direct mount on/off for ano. Anyone have any insight or a how to as far as taking it apart and removing the knob etc.? Any help would be awesome. I’ve had not the best luck finding much on the interwebs and haven’t heard back from CP about a raw one.

I've done plenty of these.

When looking in the tank end the brass disk pulls straight out, a pair of needle nose pliers is best. Put a drop off oil along the outside to help. The pin is free floating and comes out after. If I remember right there is then a Allen head on the back side of the shaft that is connected to the knob, get a Allen key in it and a strap wrench on the knob itself and twist like hell. The knob is loc titghted or glued into that shaft but it is possible to get it off in my experience, just takes some muscle. If you can't, heat it up with some hot water and try again

Don't forget to take the jewel off of the side

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I just realized you said direct mount, my experience is with the mini dovetail. I would expect them to have some similarities though. If nothing else the knob should unscrew even without getting a Allen wrench on the other side, still takes some Force though

Use needle nose pliers to pull the pin and components out.
    Unscrew the knob all the way out until it stops, at that point twist real hard to break the loc-tite and the knob will unscrew.
    Insert a hex key into the opening and unscrew the screw that the knob attaches to.

There’s also a visual step by step on the CP website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I assume no issues with tolerances after ano as far as leaking?

Quote Originally Posted by audioSLAVE View Post
    Thanks guys. I assume no issues with tolerances after ano as far as leaking?
    That depends on who does your anno and how good they are.

I should be getting mine back sometime this month though

I got that far, I just didn’t know how to remove the knob and then the knob from the hardware.

Oh my bad. You have it figured out now?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not yet, haven’t had a chance and I’m waiting to hear back from CP. I appreciate you posting the link, it’s a good reference for anyone else in a similiar situation.