Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ConradCustoms FS Thread

ConradCustoms FS Thread

Welcome to the ConradCustoms Dealer Thread! Here we will list what is available through ConradCustoms, and we plan to specialize in all your Custom Automag needs.

To address some questions and comments from below:
    Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    forgive me , I'm a little new here ,, Exactly who is Conrad Customs ?? here ( this is not your FB crew ) we are a pretty tight little community ,, a good intro will go a long way
    Conrad Customs is a collective group of Designers, Engineers and Machinists that have taken an interest in designing, machining, and distributing Automag parts. A few of our founding members prefer to keep their anonymity but have been around AO for quite some time, and others will eventually make themselves known. Right now we are in the distributing and designing phases for hardware, and have enlisted a few old school guys with tons of experience to help us jump start this endeavor. Our goal is to create both independent designs as well as collaborations.

Our goal is to become a hub for new and unique Mag parts, both in house as well as in collaboration with other prominent AO members.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    Nelson Blom
    Yes, Jake Berenyi, Nelson Blom has taken on the temporary responsibilities of our marketing and internet sales.

Website is under construction, will announce when that is ready.

First order of business. We have acquired Rogue Paintball Gear's remaining stock. As we receive the final boxes and get things organized, we will continue to add to this thread.
    We do not intend to produce any new RPG products at this time, and are mainly selling what was left over in RPG's inventory.

We have limited number of brand new RPG Tritons for sale:
    • Gloss Black Anodized Frame
    • Comes with safety installed
    • Smoke Panels with Hardware
    • Trigger Pin included, NO TRIGGER on this offer
    • Price: Out of Stock

Next we have an RPG Triton: Magnus Sabre Edition for sale:
    • Gloss Black Anodized Frame
    • Comes with safety installed
    • Smoke Panels with Hardware
    • Magnus Sabre Trigger installed (Raw, Unanodized)
    • Price: $260 Shipped within USA
    • 2 left in Stock at the moment.

Next we have an RPG Shadow Rail for sale:
    • Gloss Black Anodized RT Pro Length Automag Rail
    • Comes with Custom shortened Sear Screw
    • Price: PM for price
    • Down to the last couple

Making a comeback, we have an RPG CP Style Gas Thru Foregrip for sale:
    • Gloss Black Anodized
    • Designed to screw into Vertical ASA's for grip and air passage
    • Price: Limited Stock, PM for price
    • Just a few left!

We have come across a very limited amount of Magnus Sabre Automag Triggers:
    • Raw Aluminum finish (Not anodized)
    • These should fit all AGD-spec designed double trigger frames
    • Price: More coming soon within USA
    • Once they are gone, they are gone!

More to come! Working on some other partnerships so that we at ConradCustoms can continue to deliver what the AO community wants!
    Last edited by ConradCustoms; 06-06-2019 at 08:53 AM.

SPLINTER trigger right here!
    And 15 degree VASA.
    Maybe a dual detent Exile body.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
    SPLINTER trigger right here!
    And 15 degree VASA.
    Maybe a dual detent Exile body.
    We will keep a lookout for those items in our coming shipments

well if we are puting in possible requests.
    im looking for all the karta bodies and rails.
    any wave or dallara stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    well if we are puting in possible requests.
    im looking for all the karta bodies and rails.
    any wave or dallara stuff.
    I agree with this.

I wasn't requesting new parts to be made. I was kindly asking to check if you find any of those things when stuff comes In.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

forgive me , I'm a little new here ,, Exactly who is Conrad Customs ?? here ( this is not your FB crew ) we are a pretty tight little community ,, a good intro will go a long way

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post

Was thinking same thing

+1

Nelson Blom

Nelson Blom
    I am glad you all asked

Conrad Customs is a collective group of Designers, Engineers and Machinists that have taken an interest in designing, machining, and distributing Automag parts. A few of our founding members prefer to keep their anonymity but have been around AO for quite some time, and others will eventually make themselves known. Right now we are in the distributing and designing phases for hardware, and have enlisted a few old school guys with tons of experience to help us jump start this endeavor. Our goal is to create both independent designs as well as collaborations.

Our goal is to become a hub for new and unique Mag parts, both in house as well as in collaboration with other prominent AO members.

Yes, Jake Berenyi, Nelson Blom has taken on the temporary responsibilities of our marketing and internet sales.

Are you guys going to be offering machining services? I can send some customers your way..

I dont particularly care who the group consists of. If they want to remain anonymous that is their right. Its finally nice to see something new potentially come to the Automag community. As long as it doesnt involve pre-orders that go sideways, I'm interested in seeing where this goes.
    Thanks,
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Are you guys going to be offering machining services? I can send some customers your way..
    Currently we will be limiting our scope to machining our own parts. We will definitely let you know if that changes, Luke!

going to be awesome to see your progression as things move forward

I wasn't requesting new parts to be made. I was kindly asking to check if you find any of those things when stuff comes In.

Wow, Android's Chrome browser sucks for editing posts. Went to edit and clarify a response to KNM and it must have deleted my post...

Nelson Blom
    We were going to tack it onto the response to Pinky here, and made the same mistake twice. Apparently the delete button must be highlighted when using Android and editing a post. Zapped them both.

Luckily the back function still worked, so we copied and pasted our intro into the first post, explaining who Conrad Customs is.

KNM: Our response to yours and FF33GFD's requests seemed a bit misleading. We fully intend to make new products, but the focus will be a "newer is better" thought process. Right now, we are not expecting to produce any more RPG products. We are indeed investigating the option of RPG remakes, just not high on our priority list.

Really wish there was an "undo delete" button. Lesson learned!

Quote Originally Posted by conradcustoms View Post
    wow, android's chrome browser sucks for editing posts. Went to edit and clarify a response to knm and it must have deleted my post...

We were going to tack it onto the response to pinky here, and made the same mistake twice. Apparently the delete button must be highlighted when using android and editing a post. Zapped them both.

Luckily the back function still worked, so we copied and pasted our intro into the first post, explaining who conrad customs is.

Knm: Our response to yours and ff33gfd's requests seemed a bit misleading. We fully intend to make new products, but the focus will be a "newer is better" thought process. Right now, we are not expecting to produce any more rpg products. We are indeed investigating the option of rpg remakes, just not high on our priority list.

Really wish there was an "undo delete" button. Lesson learned!
    awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by ConradCustoms View Post
    We fully intend to make new products, but the focus will be a "newer is better" thought process.
    I must confess, I'm not really excited about this. At least not as much as I should be. It's good to have more options, I suppose, but to a budget-conscious player like me, I probably won't buy anything you sell because it's going to be too expensive. (Why do I think it's going to be expensive? Well, you just bought up Rogue's old stock, and you're now asking more for it that he was last year. So.......yeah. Explain that to me.)

It's not just you, by the way. This is the biggest problem with most of the new stuff that comes out for mags. (Except KnowNothingMags. His stuff is awesome.) It all looks great, but it costs too much to take off. And the poorer mag players are constantly caught in this dilemma. They would love to have all the upgrades like a double-trigger or a body that takes AC barrels, but those parts are getting harder and harder to find, and the prices are going up and up. So they stick to classic stuff. (Not that there's anything wrong with classic stuff.)

I think there's a lot to be learned from Mozak's new AC slider frame. Here's a piece that's simple, functional, and affordable. They're gonna sell out in a week when he finally gets them done. So why not do the same thing, but with Automag parts?

Here's my wish list:
    1. A new, simpler Pariah body. Forget the little tongue that sticks out the front. Just make a short ULE body with a flat front and no extra material that you don't need. No other fancy milling that takes more time and costs more money. Single AC detent. Angel threads for the feedneck. And no feedneck. Not unless it clamps, anyway. And figure out a way to make it for less than $100. You'll sell a thousand of them.
    2. A new, sleek, RT-length rail. Again, nothing fancy. Maybe a stripe/groove or two down the side.
    3. A new foregrip. Dear god, will someone please make a better foregrip with rubber grips? And make it less than 6" long? Those old RT foregrips were awesome. Why can't we get something like that again (but with ports at the top)?

And don't sell raw stuff. That's an instant "no thanks" from half your potential buyers because we don't want to go through the hassle of finishing it ourselves. Just make it black so it matches the parts that AGD is selling. (Anyone who has the money to anodize it can waste a few more bucks on the difference between raw and black parts. That's not a big deal.)

You'll notice that I didn't mention a frame. That's intentional. We already have the x-frame and Luke's frames and Nummech frames and a dozen others. Not to mention all the non-AGD frames that can be converted easily enough. Nothing you bring to the market is going to sell well. Not unless it's actually affordable.

As long as we have a wish list..

I wish there was a high-quality single trigger frame, or at least one that doesn't use the damn panels instead of grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post

I wish there was a high-quality single trigger frame, or at least one that doesn't use the damn panels instead of grips.
    most of the frames that use panels are frames that have other functions designed into them such as, room for pneumatics/electronics/ what have you. and to mount such things the grip screw position moves. not in all cases but I would say some.
    or its a 90* frame and would look weird with 45 grips on it.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 05-15-2018 at 03:33 PM.

most of the frames that use panels are frames that have other functions designed into them such as, room for pneumatics/electronics/ what have you. and to mount such things the grip screw position moves. not in all cases but I would say some.
    or its a 90* frame and would look weird with 45 grips on it.
    I understand. Id personally love to buy a mechanical single-trigger 45 or 86 frame, which fits 45 grips and feels as high-quality as some of the current single-trigger frame offerings. It can have any other bells and whistles, as long as I can use Dye stickies.

I understand. Id personally love to buy a mechanical single-trigger 45 or 86 frame, which fits 45 grips and feels as high-quality as some of the current single-trigger frame offerings. It can have any other bells and whistles, as long as I can use Dye stickies.
    oh ok gotcha

Excellent feedback guys, keep it coming!

Okay, yeah. This would actually be really nice.

I've actually been dreaming of an Automag single-trigger slider frame for a long time. How cool would that be? You'd have to design it to work without a trigger arm. The back of the sled would have to slide directly into the bottom of the sear. And it would probably be best if the sled had a bearing at the point of contact so it's not rubbing metal on metal. But it could work (though I'm not sure it would shoot any better than the standard pivot trigger).

All that extra R&D and material wouldn't be cheap, though, so the frame would be expensive. And that goes against what I said before about trying to keep things affordable for the average player. So nevermind all that. Just keep it simple.

Broke out the Magnus Sabre Triggers individually since we had a few requests.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    Here's my wish list:
    1. A new, simpler Pariah body. Forget the little tongue that sticks out the front. Just make a short ULE body with a flat front and no extra material that you don't need. No other fancy milling that takes more time and costs more money. Single AC detent. Angel threads for the feedneck. And no feedneck. Not unless it clamps, anyway. And figure out a way to make it for less than $100. You'll sell a thousand of them.
    2. A new, sleek, RT-length rail. Again, nothing fancy. Maybe a stripe/groove or two down the side.
    3. A new foregrip. Dear god, will someone please make a better foregrip with rubber grips? And make it less than 6" long? Those old RT foregrips were awesome. Why can't we get something like that again (but with ports at the top)?

And don't sell raw stuff. That's an instant "no thanks" from half your potential buyers because we don't want to go through the hassle of finishing it ourselves. Just make it black so it matches the parts that AGD is selling. (Anyone who has the money to anodize it can waste a few more bucks on the difference between raw and black parts. That's not a big deal.)

You'll notice that I didn't mention a frame. That's intentional. We already have the x-frame and Luke's frames and Nummech frames and a dozen others. Not to mention all the non-AGD frames that can be converted easily enough. Nothing you bring to the market is going to sell well. Not unless it's actually affordable.
    I wish you the best of luck with your wishlist. For as many frames out there on the market, there have been as many rail choices too. Likely more. Plenty of foregrips too. Making parts for cockers has always been cheaper than making parts for mags. It is inherent in the design, and similar to the design and function(and spec differences) of an AK-47 vs. an AR-15. Both good guns though.

The reality is very simple, the cost and risk of production, added with the amount of work to sell through, along with the market size and demand, does not paint a picture that your wishlist will be a reality. Its been heading in the wrong direction over the last decade. Maybe there is someone out there with those skills, with a few thousand dollars to burn, and could care less if they lose money to be charitable. I havent found them though. Good luck to you.

Hmm Interesting & looking forward to seeing whats cooking! The custom parts market looks to have a good number of consumers, more & more are returning to the sport. I hope this manufacturing project takes off & does well as the Automag's need more options! The Autococker market is flooded & I ventured away from Mags for awhile but selling off all my autocockers in favor of the Automag's which I think are a superior paintball gun. Looking forward to the new part options ConradCustoms

Who is Conrad?

New minimalist, as light as can be unibody please!

Quote Originally Posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER View Post
    Who is Conrad?

You know, he's that guy....