Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 383

Thread: Hybrid RTP Rails

  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I do need to make more of the 9" ones so I'll do the 8" version too while I'm at it. I'll work them in this week sometime. Thanks
    Still interested! Going to PM's captain.....

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Make Paintball Great Agai
    Posts
    9,004
    Name:  no one cares 01.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  21.7 KB

    Seriously...Ö but thanks to everyone for making my morning coffee time that much more enjoyable... Oh, ****, I better write down the spec change because somewhere down the road im going to get one of these things in for a repair and wonder WTF??


    *The amount of people who still lurk this place just looking to troll is hysterical. I thought there was a statute of limitations on butthurt? At least hypocracy lasts forever.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    time to make a slurpee!
    Posts
    1,821
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Name:  no one cares 01.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  21.7 KB

    Seriously...Ö but thanks to everyone for making my morning coffee time that much more enjoyable... Oh, ****, I better write down the spec change because somewhere down the road im going to get one of these things in for a repair and wonder WTF??


    *The amount of people who still lurk this place just looking to troll is hysterical. I thought there was a statute of limitations on butthurt? At least hypocracy lasts forever.


    ......You know you want one!!

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    Quote Originally Posted by ElGringo View Post
    Still interested! Going to PM's captain.....
    I'll do my best to get Slimline rails done (8 and 9 inch) before next week. I'm currently in the middle another job that is hogging the mill, as soon as I can break that project down I'll jump on rails.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    It's interesting how the Streisand effect applies here. In the attempt to de-rail () the thread and the new re-engineered design, it has inadvertently lead to 11K views and I'll say sales are great. Thanks!

    Also, it's actually comical watching the Orwellian debating style and it's failures to manipulate an intended outcome, its pure nonsense and only holds weight with a small minority of people.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathetic_Chaos View Post
    Personally I'd be good with a standard 8" rail, though personally I would love to see the front portion converted into a picatinny style section. But either way I'll be in for one

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I have always wanted a rail with a picatinny rail to match my tac-one body. I think you could attach some cool grips.

    -kielpo

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    I have always wanted a rail with a picatinny rail to match my tac-one body. I think you could attach some cool grips.
    Are you talking about the sides or the bottom foregrip area?

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Inception Designs HQ
    Posts
    2,432
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    It's interesting how the Streisand effect applies here. In the attempt to de-rail () the thread and the new re-engineered design, it has inadvertently lead to 11K views and I'll say sales are great. Thanks!

    Also, it's actually comical watching the Orwellian debating style and it's failures to manipulate an intended outcome, its pure nonsense and only holds weight with a small minority of people.
    It is a firm belief that you, by your own admission, won't change things as you see fit, because you will not take any criticism, no matter how genuine or factual. If it is not your design, then it can't be any good. Me personally, i am not trying to change that fact. What i am trying to illustrate is that you make decisions that are bad. Not staying in spec, trying to over engineer things and making changes because you think that they are better when people tell you otherwise.

    I am not trying to derail any sales, but wanting you to make things better for all, so that you can actually get better designs and more sales. You deride me that i am not a customer, but what i tell you, what i try to get illustrate is that you can do things better for the entire market. Just by listening to what the ENTIRE public wants, not just what you wish to make, would only grow your "business" and gain more people to buy your products.

    If you would look at the resale values of a Dalara, Chord, Karta bodies; and see that though a limited number were made, that they hold their value more than 10 years after the fact. So if you wish to keep plugging in 3 deflators, or a few rails here or there. Be my guest. I won't become a customer of your current line up because you haven't made anything i want or need.

    So think what you will. I know i am trying to help, and if jumping on you about specs is making me be petty, well so be it. I am here to give you hard truths, not troll you just because. Stay in spec, do something above ylwhat you are doing, and remove your cranium from your posterior.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Are you talking about the sides or the bottom foregrip area?
    I had always envisioned on the bottom, never thought about the sides. The sides would be kinda interesting.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    I had always envisioned on the bottom, never thought about the sides. The sides would be kinda interesting.

    It looks like the sides are to short but it may work as a foregrip mount. I'll have to play around with the design to see whats possible.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    Slimline 8

    Name:  Slimline 8.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  39.3 KB

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Slimline 8

    Name:  Slimline 8.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  39.3 KB
    Nice work, luke. Iíll be grabbing one for sure.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    Slimline 8's are now in stock.


  14. #314
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Slimline 8's are now in stock.

    Thanks for the heads up!

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    I have always wanted a rail with a picatinny rail to match my tac-one body. I think you could attach some cool grips.
    I have an idea for a Tac rail if someone can loan me a body..

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I have an idea for a Tac rail if someone can loan me a body..
    I have one that you milled the back on to show the valve, will that work?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    Quote Originally Posted by awo702 View Post
    I have one that you milled the back on to show the valve, will that work?
    I dont recall exactly what I did, can you shoot me a picture?

  18. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I dont recall exactly what I did, can you shoot me a picture?
    Itís still full length but you milled the rear left corner that covered the valve, making it symmetrical.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    Yea that will work, can I borrow it?

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Yea that will work, can I borrow it?
    No problem. Sounds like this would be pretty cool.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #321
    Any plans for an 8Ē version as well? Iíve got a mini Tac body (first mod you did for me years ago) laying around.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #322
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    Hard to say at this point, I'll have to do the CAD work.

  23. #323
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    Here's where we are, the Tac-One Hybrid rail lines up with the front back and sides of the AGD body and the Pictanny design on the rail sides is non functional.

    The Pictanny foregrip mount attaches to the rail just like a foregrip (Two screws) The foregrip mount would be offered as a separate product and could be used on other rails.

    Name:  Tac One Hybrid 9 CAD.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  45.7 KB

  24. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Here's where we are, the Tac-One Hybrid rail lines up with the front back and sides of the AGD body and the Pictanny design on the rail sides is non functional.

    The Pictanny foregrip mount attaches to the rail just like a foregrip (Two screws) The foregrip mount would be offered as a separate product and could be used on other rails.

    Name:  Tac One Hybrid 9 CAD.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  45.7 KB
    That looks pretty awesome luke!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #325
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    LOL, not super exciting but it will go with the body. Not sure if any of those guys are around anymore but I was hounded for years to make this rail.

    I did try and incorporate the foregrip mount into the rail but there wasn't enough room on the slug rails basic design.

    If there's no interest (i.e. orders) this wont go to production, just putting it out there to gauge interest.

  26. #326
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Oak Lawn, IL, USA
    Posts
    86
    I'm not gonna lie, part of me wants to buy a tac-one body just to use this rail. If it does go into production, I may need to pick this one up. Even though I have a lot on my plate right now in term of projects. I think this would look bad ass with a woodland camo style anodize, maybe a black and gray acid wash, possibilities are endless. Hell even taking inspiration from all the old eclipse splash or micro mag anodize could look bad ass. Just my 2 cents though.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  27. #327
    I really like the almost eclipse-style look to the milling on the back of the tac rail.
    That it matches up with a tac-1 body just makes it even cooler.

    like Gundam, if this goes into production, I'm going to have to buy a tac-1 body just to have this rail.

  28. #328
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    I would like to sell at least 5 of the rails to make it worth doing the programing..

  29. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I would like to sell at least 5 of the rails to make it worth doing the programing..
    Iíll grab one if four or more others are on board.
    Apologies for jumping ahead of things but Iíd also like to grab an 8Ē version for my Mini TacOne if those were to happen after these got made.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #330
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    7,460
    Cutting the front down to 8" is no problem but would you leave the back of the rail the same?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •