Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Hybrid RTP Rails

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    LOL, I cant offer you Teddy bears, Play-Doh or coloring books, but I can give you a big ol hug.
    All I am picturing now is Ol Herbert the Pervert from Family Guy.

Do you also have a freezer full of popsicles in the cellar?

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    All I am picturing now is Ol Herbert the Pervert from Family Guy.

Do you also have a freezer full of popsicles in the cellar?
    I picture you in your collage campus timeout room, sucking your thumb hugging your Teddy Bear.

An expert on Family Guy, that makes TOTAL sense! This too easy, no wonder you have no clue what the quote was or even what it meant, too busy watching cartoons. World of information at our fingertips and you're watching Family Guy!

You even insult yourself calling yourself "boy".

See? I can play this stupid game of yours too...

I picture you in your collage campus timeout room, sucking your thumb hugging your Teddy Bear.

An expert on Family Guy, that makes TOTAL sense! This too easy, no wonder you have no clue what the quote was or even what it meant, too busy watching cartoons. World of information at our fingertips and you're watching Family Guy!

You even insult yourself calling yourself "boy".

See? I can play this stupid game of yours too...
    So you like thinking of boys sucking their thumbs too?

Geez, what kind of **** show has this become?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBobFett View Post
    I know right? This happens with every new product I put out. The low IQ is underwhelming. lol

So you like thinking of boys sucking their thumbs too?
    Get your mom you read my last post to you, perhaps she can explain it to you... lol

Quote Originally Posted by JimBobFett View Post
    This? No this isn't nearly as bad as some of the other threads I've seen Luke go on a bender in. This is tame compared to when he threadjacked a while back, and insulted AGD about their choice of new triggers in their stock.

Luke, You do this to yourself. You could have easily answered my comment directly the first go around, and either owned up to ninja editing or told me to pound sand. Instead you decided to what, break customer trust by publicly identifying me since I've bought something from you before? Proceed to suggest I require physical contact? Yup... but I'm the low IQ college "boy" here apparently...

Get your mom you read my last post to you, perhaps she can explain it to you... lol
    Words are hard, aren't they...

Words are hard, aren't they...
    Come on, you'll have to do better than that, sonny boy.

This? No this isn't nearly as bad as some of the other threads I've seen Luke go on a bender in. This is tame compared to when he threadjacked a while back, and insulted AGD about their choice of new triggers in their stock.

Luke, You do this to yourself. You could have easily answered my comment directly the first go around, and either owned up to ninja editing or told me to pound sand. Instead you decided to what, break customer trust by publicly identifying me since I've bought something from you before? Proceed to suggest I require physical contact? Yup... but I'm the low IQ college "boy" here apparently...

What is it with you and Nobody demanding answers? I'm under no obligation to you guys, open forum or not. Everything was going ok until you opened your mouth, I was doing fine ignoring Nobody but you had to stir the pot, same as the AGD thread, and what doosh for bring that up, you proved your mental game in that one too.

nd insulted AGD about their choice of new triggers in their stock.
    At least get it right, I was arguing engineering, simple minds turned it into something else.

Wow, i see that its not just me.

As for the questions, it more of business acumen or business practice to NOT INSULT THE PEOPLE THAT BUY YOUR PRODUCTS. In your business you try this up front, open policy, engaging the buying community as to what you are going to offer, ideas on anything that people want and gaging where the market is going. People wanted 86 single trigger frames and by Jove, you have 2 options out there.

To use KAM as an example(cause it seems like you have a thin skin as to when people pose any question you don't like), cougars20th has a idea. I will hear about it, give an honest opinion on what i see, how it feels, what i like and don't. He will answer any questions(as i have done this in the past before) and trys to explain why. It could be for personal reasons(like single trigger frames, as Keith plays a lot more pump and that is what he likes) or cause he may see that the market needs this and he wants to fill it.

But to knock you off your high horse, you could easily have said. "Listen, I wanted to make something not needed, but would cost the public more money, that is not an improvement, but a proprietary part, cause the more money i make, the better it is for me." I already knew the answer, you are not that smart. Making niche products, and then going proprietary is really a scummy way of gouging the public for more money(at least how i see it). In fact its a down grade. Hell, you have a hole in the side. And to top it off, you even made more work by having 2 set screws where 1 would have sufficed. But i get the symmetry thing.

But it really shows that your true colours. So far, other than the 90° grip panels, you have never made a single product i wanted, needed or even liked. It is certainly is my opinion. I am sure many people here do. That is there opinion. But how you are handling yourself to the BUYING PUBLIC is horrendous. Even when someone is equating you to a blast from the past. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Making niche products, and then going proprietary is really a scummy way of gouging the public for more money(at least how i see it).
    Is it really proprietary when the rails still use an AGD sear? The reason for not using the OG sear axel is to get around design limitations caused by it. I’ve traded the RT sear axels for a dowel/grub screw application in a couple thinner rails because it sticks out the side farther than I’d like. And the free floating sear/axel in an AM rail could definitely use a design upgrade. Lastly, how is he gouging the public when earlier in the thread, he said the rails will be priced the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final word for Mr. Nobody.

That's just it Nobody, you're not a customer and you never will be, you and I both know that, and that's OK. You seem to have this strange fetish that you want to try and run my business or at least have a say so in it. You have a track record that goes back years with this nonsense, dropping in on every release of a new product, posing these questions that you deem as hard to answer, when I ignore you you press on like a child. I honestly have no interest in your opinion, I have never ask for it. You really need to get it through your head that I'm I'm under no obligation to you to explain my engineering, manufacturing or design decisions. I'm not even saying that to be mean, it's just a statement of fact. It really doesn't matter if you understand why I do what I do, I don't come by my choices willy-nilly like you seem to think. Everything is thought out to a gross extent, there is a reason for absolutely every decision I make, as a machinist that is the reality. It just doesn't matter if you get it or not and it is exhausting having to justify it with someone like you. I do what I want for my own reasons, that's my freedom of expression and the life I lead. And for the record, I'm under no dissolution that without my customers I wouldn't have a business. I do my level best to do right by them, something you wouldn't know about. I don't always get it right but I do try. It's time for you to move on and just let me be.

Since there seems to be some confusion, my sear pins are free with every rail purchase.
    Rail prices for the Hybird will remain the same price they've been since I first started making rails from billit.
    Replacement pins should be available at all hardware stores that carry dowel pins, like ACE Hardware. I pay .15 cents each for the pins I buy online, but they may cost a $1 locally.
    In a pinch, you could cut down a standard 1/8" drill bit, grind to length to get you back on the field. I use to do this with lost AM sear pins.
    Screws are 4-40 thread, the exact set screw AGD uses for their safety, common and available at ACE Hardware.
    The Hybrid sear pin and screws are the same pin I use for all my grip frame trigger pins and screws.
    The same pin I use for the T-Rex trigger rod.
    And the same pin and screws I use for the Deflator detent.

I would buy something of yours if you made anything that was good looking and was an improvement over what has already been done, before, by better people...

Mind you i have specific tastes.

And actually, i do not harrass you on every post. Just the ones where i have a questionand it is not harrassment, not in the least. By asking questions we learn about things. When we take in criticism, we learn how that product is reflected back onto us. Every one loves what they do, yet we are biased to that fact. When others point out things constructively and ask questions, we learn how said product is viewed, what is good and bad about it. It is a fabulous way of doing things better.

Luke, remind me who gave you the name of your z frame copy? Oh wait, that was me... i guess i was harrassing you with that.

I believe I addressed most of your questions of possible rail designs, if I missed any we can pick them up once I get caught up with the first prototypes.
    Nope, none of my questions have been answered.

My apologies to you guys that were actually helping out here..
    Again, i was trying to help, but you aren't listening to what i have to say.

Final word for Mr. Nobody.

That's just it Nobody, you're not a customer and you never will be, you and I both know that, and that's OK.
    If you made something i liked, wanted or needed, i would be. Hence why i ask questions on your products.

You seem to have this strange fetish that you want to try and run my business or at least have a say so in it.
    Fetish, no. Knowledge is a tool that grows. Fetish is not what this is. But not once have i told yiu how to run yiur business. I offered opinion and ideas on how you could improve your business, grow your business, never run. I don't tell you how to price your products, just maybe make something that i would buy, not anpart that you like only.

You have a track record that goes back years with this nonsense, dropping in on every release of a new product, posing these questions that you deem as hard to answer, when I ignore you you press on like a child.
    Nope, not everyone. Just the ones where i have questions. Never knew questions where so hard to answer. You seem to do it for everyone else...

I honestly have no interest in your opinion, I have never ask for it.
    But you ask everyone on this forum for it. So you only accept opinions of those that don't question your work, that only like it and have no contrary opinions? Again, not a great model to follow.

You really need to get it through your head that I'm I'm under no obligation to you to explain my engineering, manufacturing or design decisions. I'm not even saying that to be mean, it's just a statement of fact.
    And you spent more time trying to NOT answer simple questions, that if given in fact, that would shut me up. Yet, you seem to do that for others...

It really doesn't matter if you understand why I do what I do, I don't come by my choices willy-nilly like you seem to think.
    By explaining yourself, you can lay down the reasoning why. The why is as much a part of how. Taking apart a mag, you don't like how the free floating sear can fall out. Sinple. Easy to grasp. I may not agree, but you explained yourself, so i and other can understand.

Everything is thought out to a gross extent, there is a reason for absolutely every decision I make, as a machinist that is the reality. It just doesn't matter if you get it or not and it is exhausting having to justify it with someone like you.
    Not just to me, the public, the forun, the masses. Looking back at AGD, TK and the original Zframe, he explained why, beforehand as to the very abstract angle of this and how much more comfortable if is to hold than it looks. Simple and easy. That is all i ask on the few things i do.

I do what I want for my own reasons, that's my freedom of expression and the life I lead. And for the record, I'm under no dissolution that without my customers I wouldn't have a business.
    Again, make something i like or more people like and business improves. Cause if nobody like a product, it must be good.

I do my level best to do right by them, something you wouldn't know about.
    Selling stuff? Making stuff? You realize i make things, new for ICD guns. Small potatoes, but i know all about a customer base, quality of work. I am not some schmuck here, i actually want you to succeed. And by asking questions we learn more about the product, the process and why.

I don't always get it right but I do try. It's time for you to move on and just let me be.
    I am not stopping you. I just want my simple questions answered. Answer them and i move on. It is very simple.

Gentlemen, I currently have the CAD work done for the following rails:
    Epsilon 8"
    Beta 8"
    Beta 9.1"
    Ultralight 8"
    Ultra Mini 5.69"

I know there's several requests for non standard designs which we'll address soon, but is there any other standard rails you are looking for right away?

If I can sell at least 3 or 4 of the Eclipse style rail I can do those without any design fees. Hopefully I can get confirmation on that by early tomorrow.

I'll be working on the dealer thread as soon as I get caught up. I've decided to concentrate on the easy stuff up front and work on new designs a little later.

I believe I addressed most of your questions of possible rail designs, if I missed any we can pick them up once I get caught up with the first prototypes. I have plenty of slug rails on hand now so there should be no worries about missing out.

My apologies to you guys that were actually helping out here..
    Speaking of designs that look good...
    El Panda said he's out, can't make rails anymore. Is there a chance you would be willing to take a stab at a RT Pro Nocturnal-esque rail? Your Armada rail (if i am even remembering that name right) came really close to having those sleek curves in it, would love to see something closer to what he did with those am/mm nocturnals and I don't feel like cutting my chord v2 to fit the am/mm length.

Since there seems to be some confusion, my sear pins are free with every rail purchase.
    Rail prices for the Hybird will remain the same price they've been since I first started making rails from billit.
    Replacement pins should be available at all hardware stores that carry dowel pins, like ACE Hardware. I pay .15 cents each for the pins I buy online, but they may cost a $1 locally.
    In a pinch, you could cut down a standard 1/8" drill bit, grind to length to get you back on the field. I use to do this with lost AM sear pins.
    Screws are 4-40 thread, the exact set screw AGD uses for their safety, common and available at ACE Hardware.
    The Hybrid sear pin and screws are the same pin I use for all my grip frame trigger pins and screws.
    The same pin I use for the T-Rex trigger rod.
    And the same pin and screws I use for the Deflator detent.
    Thank you for these answers by the way. If you had lead with this, showing that the newer style pin for RT Pro sears is cheaper and easier to come by locally, that would have definitely satisfied my curiosity for why the change. May not be legacy but it definitely makes sense to go towards something thats a couple bucks locally for customers rather than them having to track down a sear screw for 7 bucks from AGD plus shipping.

Thank you for these answers by the way. If you had lead with this, showing that the newer style pin for RT Pro sears is cheaper and easier to come by locally, that would have definitely satisfied my curiosity for why the change. May not be legacy but it definitely makes sense to go towards something thats a couple bucks locally for customers rather than them having to track down a sear screw for 7 bucks from AGD plus shipping.
    Did you completely ignore the very first post, all of this was stated from the get go, pricing was stated a little later.
    Last edited by luke; 08-24-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Did you completely ignore the very first post, all of this was stated for the get go, pricing was stated a little later.
    No I read your first post. Clarity was all i was searching for. Will you answer my other inquiry now?

And are you going to keep deleting and reposting your same last post over and over again? Really? When i actually have a paying customer inquiry?

At the very least I'll be in line for an epsilon, I miss the am/mm one I had

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Current mood.

LOL!!!!!!
    Reminded me of this.
    https://youtu.be/_0pwoLjXcEk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol!

Armada Hybrid 8"
    I'm digging the subtle differences.

Armada Hybrid 9"
    More small changes but still matches the Armada body

Just a question, when you make these rails will they all be ule milled, is it possible to have them pump milled?

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    Just a question, when you make these rails will they all be ule milled, is it possible to have them pump milled?
    Some can be pump milled just depends on the design. I can change the ULE milling on those rails so they can be pump milled 'now or later' and it doesn't really change the weight much. I can offer a discount to pump mill them too.

If you're asking specifically about the Armadas, yes they can be pump milled..

I can add the internal airline milling for free too, I'll just include that as a standard feature.

Nano Mini Hybird 5.69"

T-Rex and sear exposed looks pretty cool, add the LPR and clear grips(?)