Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hybrid RTP Rails

Wow, good job. Though you said you put thought into your designs?

That is what everyone wants, a big slot on the side to get shot in and with the sear axle retention system, it will take twice as long to clean, cause if you get shot at the hands, everything will get paint on it. And heaven forbid if you play in the mud or even in sandy areas. Not even Roguefactor would make something so ridiculous.

Why do you softball these things to me? Really?

[QUOTE=luke;2919373]Nano Mini Hybird 5.69"

T-Rex and sear exposed looks pretty cool, add the LPR and clear grips(?)

THAT is what I was talkin about! Im down for a couple. Rather than clear grips, you could also do skeletonized grip panels like valkrie dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBobFett View Post
    THAT is what I was talkin about! Im down for a couple.
    I couldn't sleep last night, I got up at 2 am to design that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Now that is what everyone wants,
    No, it's what one guy wants, try previewing the thread for once.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Nano Mini Hybird 5.69"

T-Rex and sear exposed looks pretty cool, add the LPR and clear grips(?)

Gotta ask. Is this strong enough to survive. I know some of the super thin stuff Rpg did back in the day had issues with twisting/warping. What keeps this from doing that.

It is a interesting take on the Ule concept.

Just reread, its a specific customer request. Makes more sense now.
    Last edited by cougar20th; 08-25-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Gotta ask. Is this strong enough to survive. I know some of the super thin stuff Rpg did back in the day had issues with twisting/warping. What keeps this from doing that.
    Yea, it's hard to say for sure without testing it. I'm like 97% sure it'll be OK, lol.
    The hogged out area in front and behind the sear, ie the body bed, is 0.125" on the bottom and tapers up and out to almost 0.15" on the top edge, I'm pretty sure it will be plenty strong. If not we'll wish it was. There's very little invested here, so really if it fails its no big deal.

My default minimum wall thickness since I started in CNC has always been 0.075" it just has a good feel to it in your hands if you know what I mean. 0.075" doesn't feel fragile, I've seen the thin stuff that just feels like you could crush it in your hands. With this being basically 1/8" wall thickness and total span of 3.5" with center support, body reinforcement, held tight on both ends (front and rear screw) rounded connection points and top and bottom contoured (shape adds strength) I really doubt it will fail. That's the way I see it in my mind anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I couldn't sleep last night, I got up at 2 am to design that for you.
    I was thinking a series of holes and leaving meat along the bottom edge would have been as extreme as you would have gone to keep meat on the top and bottom... or I was thinking basically the 'upside down' version of what you came up with (always assumed the sear slot remains at the bottom), which is why I was thinking 'narrower'... but I really like what you came up with there. That shoukd look slick. Love the window. And hey, if it proves to be durable then it becomes the new extreme of how minimal you can go with rails. Awesome, even if just making a couple... it coukd carry over into other designs for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by JimBobFett View Post
    I was thinking a series of holes and leaving meat along the bottom edge would have been as extreme as you would have gone to keep meat on the top and bottom... or I was thinking basically the 'upside down' version of what you came up with (always assumed the sear slot remains at the bottom), which is why I was thinking 'narrower'... but I really like what you came up with there. That shoukd look slick. Love the window. And hey, if it proves to be durable then it becomes the new extreme of how minimal you can go with rails. Awesome, even if just making a couple... it coukd carry over into other designs for sure!
    Yea, once I fully understood your vision and concept of not worrying about exposing the grip frame internals this is where my mind went. I think it would look pretty cool with a T-Rex, showing all the moving parts. After I finished up the drawing I thought you could even cut a window out below the bolt and show that in action too.

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    2) Are we absolutely certain that Rogue and Luke didn't become one person? I'm just saying.....
    Noted.

Id be interested to know what you are referring to. Its been many years now, and I suppose my memory may fail at some point as I get older, but I do not recollect anything of mine twisting or warping.

Teth Hybrid 9"
    More minor changes and tweaks, stuff that is hard to see unless you overlay the previous designs.
    This particular design doesn't translate in CAD but is one of my personal favorites because its simple and clean and looks good with the ULE body.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    Just a question, when you make these rails will they all be ule milled, is it possible to have them pump milled?
    This is the design I was referring to in post #119, I can leave the area in the center-left UN-machined on all the rails that have the potential to be pump milled. It really doesn't affect the weight and adds value to the rail because it comes standard with ULE but can be pump milled at any point before or after purchase. It also comes with internal airline milling.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by roguefactor View Post
    noted.
    heheh

Teth 8"
    Can be pump milled now or later

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Wow, good job. Though you said you put thought into your designs?

That is what everyone wants, a big slot on the side to get shot in and with the sear axle retention system, it will take twice as long to clean, cause if you get shot at the hands, everything will get paint on it. And heaven forbid if you play in the mud or even in sandy areas. Not even Roguefactor would make something so ridiculous.

Why do you softball these things to me? Really?
    Hey, were sorta collaborating here so whats your problem? What, you prefer design by committee? You know what that results in, dont you? Do you like driving a Camry? Sometimes its a vision of something different by just one or two that paves the way... thats how you get GT40's.

Youve seen other guns get windowed in more vulnerable areas like the hammer and spring (cockers). A mag isnt going to cry (like you) if it gets shot in the sear, lol. ;p. Its one of those areas you get dirt in anyways and with that big window now you can just hose it out easier.

It is a interesting take on the Ule concept.

Just reread, its a specific customer request. Makes more sense now.
    Ive been looking at designs like this for a while... should be just fine. The rail is pretty much just a spacer between the frame and body, with a mount/guide for the sear pin and the two bolts are really what handle most of the stress. It just kinda gets sammiched in there and could probably consist of two separate parts and be just fine: removing all the meat between the sear pin and front frame bolt. The only real torque point is if you added back a fore-grip... then you need something more to prevent it all from bending.

I love what Lc did there... It never occurred to me that the sear guide could go on top along the body. I'm just so used to seeing it left above the frame on ule milled rails that i was thinking "okay, just make it really narrow, like 1/2in. And maybe cross drill it to skeletonize it" But what he came up with is just plain awesome. Easily the lightest mag rail ever designed.

Kinda reminds me of a stiletto heel, you know? "Mini stiletto"?
    Last edited by JimBobFett; 08-27-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Hmmm.....when its configured it'll be called a "Stiletto Mag". I can see it now, all the boys and girls asking, what gun is that? A stiletto mag rt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

How long before we can get a mag version of this??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Apathetic_Chaos View Post

Ewwww...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Da fuq, this suppose to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam V View Post
    Da fuq, this suppose to be?

This autococker was never fired irrc. Triggernomics made it for display purposes only.

Name:  9aacc690c97557c582d981fe49ec1e51 (1).jpg
Views: 285
Size:  23.4 KB
    Andy is getting pretty close...

I also think there was a triggernomics automag.

Andy/Y0da/Nummech is coming out woth those firemag and firecocker bodies that are just sick looking. I'm on the list for one of each.

Hybrid RTP Rails

Name:  9aacc690c97557c582d981fe49ec1e51 (1).jpg
Views: 285
Size:  23.4 KB
    Official Mag of Norwegian Death Metal.
    \m/(“)\m/,

The firecocker and firemag are for speed metal then?Name:  18558605_1403006409779556_2495870049737679735_o.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  121.3 KBName:  3RqOS1S.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  42.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RogueFactor View Post
    Id be interested to know what you are referring to. Its been many years now, and I suppose my memory may fail at some point as I get older, but I do not recollect anything of mine twisting or warping.
    I have heard of a few that twisted or warped. That was back when I played alot more with different groups. I don't recall the exact area the issue on the rails

Whether an eclipse style version or the choices that's present. Can't lose no matter which one a person chooses. I have paypal ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam V View Post
    Whether an eclipse style version or the choices that's present. Can't lose no matter which one a person chooses. I have paypal ready to go.

Agreed, I'm excited about the new epsilon

Agreed, I'm excited about the new epsilon

Epsilon rails look really good with Tac Ones in particular. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by awo702 View Post
    Epsilon rails look really good with Tac Ones in particular. IMO

Agreed, but it'll look real good on my new "classic" build

If I've put up some designs that anyone is interested in, I can get a page setup tomorrow for ordering. More stuff will come but we can start here if you guys want. I can probably knock out some rails in a few days starting with these cads.

I was going to machine prototypes on all this stuff, but it will just drag it out and it's not really necessary if you guys know what you want based on what I've posted so far.