View Poll Results: What's more aesthetically pleasing?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • DYE foam & blue AGD Blade

6 33.33%
  • DW carbon fiber & RPG SlingBlade

12 66.67%

Thread: Which Looks Better?

Which Looks Better?

So I'm testing/rebuilding my brother's real-deal dimpled Dallara Tunamag! It went from Tuna -> PBChappy -> my brother & I.

I wasn't a fan of the foam DYE foregrip so I thought I found a suitable replacement - a dust black Deadlywind gen2 angled carbon fiber foregrip. I also put a dust black RPG SlingBlade Pro trigger in to complement the RPG Chimera and Strangler. The dust blue trigger looks great but it's just a normal gen1 AGD Blade.

So what do you think - foam & Blade or carbon fiber & SlingBlade? Oh, no matter what, the original parts will be staying with the marker.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

Option 3 :

Gas thru foregrip with black trigger.

The foregrip does need a different grip on it though....

im thinking carbon grip and the agd blade trigger.
    Paid in paintballs

I remember seeing that gun at Tuna's.

Really like the top foregrip with the bottom trigger actually. I've always admired this gun

that is sooo nice.

Form follows function. So which one feels better to the person shooting it? For looks, the DW CF foregrip looks better, but a better sight picture should be from the passenger side, i.e. how would the airline from the ASA be run? The DYE foregrip looks cheap with the foam, like it was an after thought(even when new, some 18 years ago). But, since its not in my hands, i don't know how it feels when comparing the 2.

I have a M90 EP mag set with a straight CF grip. It holds fine, but i think with 90 frames, having the reverse out of the foregrip is more comfortable.

I like the macro loop. I think it looks very AGD-authentic.
    So I'm voting straight up for the dw with blade trigger. I think it'll look great with some dust blackk ccm fittings rocking the macro loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    So which one feels better to the person shooting it?...i think with 90 frames, having the reverse out of the foregrip is more comfortable.
    When my brother returns stateside I'll be seeing what he thinks. I doubt he'll ever play tournament ball again but it still needs to be comfortable nonetheless. My logic was exactly the same - a 90 frame with an angled foregrip would be more comfortable to hold on an already tight AM/MM-length rail.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    I think it'll look great with some dust blackk ccm fittings rocking the macro loop.
    You make a good point, a large macro loop is always quite fitting for a 'Mag!

Might have to call foul submitting a mag for MOTM that doesnt belong to you

Don't be skeerd....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Don't be skeerd....
    Who's skeerd?

I actually wanted to find one of those Dye foregrips and get a custom bike grip of sorts to replace the foam.

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    Might have to call foul submitting a mag for MOTM that doesnt belong to you
    Well, technically I could say it's co-owned. I bought it but didn't collect that much from my brother...so like 80% his and 20% mine? (Although he's probably paid me back in free tools over the last 8 years.)

Gotta say I appreciate how the Tunaman voted!

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
    Well, technically I could say it's co-owned. I bought it but didn't collect that much from my brother...so like 80% his and 20% mine? (Although he's probably paid me back in free tools over the last 8 years.)
    Soon it will be 100% mine

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
    Gotta say I appreciate how the Tunaman voted!
    Love how he voted for his original creation too. Gotta say it is a classic look.