Thread: Regulator piston requirements

Regulator piston requirements

Just looking for some discussion on the whole regulator piston assemblies for both the RT and classic valves. The AGD store has been out of stock and I need to replace mine on my RT, since it's venting out the back and I'm not even hitting 270 fps with my lvl 10 setup. Most of the time if you add a lvl 10, you're going to have to replace the reg piston unless it's an X valve. So, just wondering if anyone has tried plugging the piston, although that doesn't sound safe at all. If pressure builds too high it won't be good. I know someone made some back caps for the valves back in the day to allow a separate regulator. I'm just wondering if there is other alternatives besides capping it or just waiting for new pistons to appear in the AGD inventory.

In the past I've always been able to get the part but I know AGD is playing catch up from a move and finding new vendors.

realistically i would just wait for the piston. saves us having to fix peoples valves in the future that attempt to do some kinds of "fixes".

have you talked to Tuna?

I may not know it yet, but I have a feeling that I’m gonna need one here soon as well...

You know honestly, I ditched the lvl 10 and went with a lvl7 foam insert bolt. This lets me keep the old retro reg seat and my rotor will easily keep up with the bolt. Neither Tuna nor AGD has the retro/x-valve reg pistons in stock, but they did have classic AM valve reg seats. I just bought a cheap classic valve, switched bolts and put a new reg seat in.

Point being, I needed to replace the reg seat to have the lvl10 work without regulator blowby, but since they're out of stock and no idea when they'll have more, I just forgot about it and stuck with the lvl7. My classic runs decent with the lvl 10 however, at least they have reg pistons for those still.

If you use the gold spring, you might get away with using the level 10 bolt without having to replace the piston assembly. It should buy you some time until the new piston assemblies get back into stock.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.