Thread: Pneu mag air pistons

Pneu mag air pistons

Hi guys I'm looking for the distributor that we get the brass air pistons from for making pneu-mags. Does anyone have this Information or know somebody who does? It's not for a mag but I'm wanting to do the same concept on another marker.

I have pistons. That's about all I go with but they are steel

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by big poppa fluff View Post
    Hi guys I'm looking for the distributor that we get the brass air pistons from for making pneu-mags. Does anyone have this Information or know somebody who does? It's not for a mag but I'm wanting to do the same concept on another marker.
    Did you know that the MPA3 was never intended to be use with a ram? It's a 'pressure pilot actuator' the ram was added so the MPA3 would activate a Mag sear. The MPA3 ram's are made from 6mm stainless rod (At least that's how I use to make them) if you need brass it can be purchased in metric diameters too.

Well I'm looking, for something similar to the ram used to push the sear but maybe bigger. I want something strong enough to active the valve pin on a tippmann 98.... Any thoughts?

I dont know the marker, sorry.

That's hard to believe, lol

Quote Originally Posted by big poppa fluff View Post
    Well I'm looking, for something similar to the ram used to push the sear but maybe bigger. I want something strong enough to active the valve pin on a tippmann 98.... Any thoughts?
    You can get an MPA-3 easily enough on eBay. They pop up all the time.

https://www.ebay.com/i/312128452904?...3D312128452904

An MPA-3 should be strong enough for what you want to do. I think they're rated for about 200 psi, and most pneumag designs only use 40-80 psi. I'm willing to bet your hoses or fittings will start leaking before the piston does.

There really isn't anything else out there either. Clippard does make a few other small pistons, but they are all much longer than the MPA-3, so they might not fit inside the grip frame of a 98 (not unless you're comfortable modifying the piston). Trust me. I've looked. I've bought lots of other pistons and tried to make them work. I never found anything better than the MPA-3.

That's why I started making my own pistons for pneumag frames.

Or just buy right from the source> https://www.clippard.com/part/MPA-3

Stainless Steel Rod> Mcmaster Car #1272T36
    Last edited by luke; 12-10-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Or just buy right from the source> https://www.clippard.com/part/MPA-3
    For your application this would be a good idea.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk