View Poll Results: Are you interested in another run of colored X-valves?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 53.41%
  • No

5 5.68%
  • Yes, depending on price.

22 25.00%
  • Yes, depending on color.

29 32.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you interested in another run of colored X-valves?

Are you interested in another run of colored X-valves?

AO:

Sandman would like to gauge interest in our community to see if there are enough people out there wanting a new run of colored X-Valves. Please fill out the poll with your honest feedback. This poll is meant to check the interest, it is not a guarantee that another run will be done.

Name:  NewXvalveRun.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  86.5 KB
    *Color may vary from original batch

Note:
    • Color may not match with the original batch of ULE Bodies and Colored Parts.
    • Color may not match picture above.
    • Price is not determined yet.

Follow up questions....
    • Are there colors that interest you?
    • Are you interested in a different style of laser engraving?

Feel free to share this link on the various forums, social media, etc. I would like to have people sign up to vote, but if we can see the "likes" that would also help seeing the interest outside of AO.

Different colors from the original run would be awesome. Green, gold, polished silver.
    Some type of new style engraving would be interesting too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave-em raw for custom builds!

Maybe make the next run dust to differ from the original colored xvalves, or incorporate a different style lasering, green would be nice, alaso like luke said raw for custom builds

Dust would be different but what I'd really like to see are new colors: ice (the old light blue color on ULE bodies), kelly green, orange, yellow, rose, burgandy...

Oh god, if Tuna grabs a few and puts a little fish on them...this addiction sometimes sucks.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

I’m in like flint

How would an x valve looked polished and clear annodized?

Would it look similar to a classic valve?

Green!! If they do it in green I'll buy for sure! Maybe a red one as well, depending on price.

I’d be in for a blue reverse...

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    Green!! If they do it in green I'll buy for sure! Maybe a red one as well, depending on price.

Lime or Forest? Both have a lot of aftermarket parts that would go with it. I would buy lime for sure ��

Raw would be nice for custom builds
    Red, purple, seem to highly sought after colours

In for at least one. I'd love green, pewter, or orange.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think the word I heard was Raw is a No Go due to warranty concerns? I also would really like raw though.

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    I think the word I heard was Raw is a No Go due to warranty concerns? I also would really like raw though.
    I think it also has something to do with the z-lock pin. due to tolerances, it can only be drilled/installed after anodizing.

I'm on board for any colors (although I'm partial to gloss clear/silver), as long as we get matching ULE bodies too!

Quote Originally Posted by kfletch View Post
    Lime or Forest? Both have a lot of aftermarket parts that would go with it. I would buy lime for sure ��
    For me, Forest would be cooler but could get a Lime one as well.

I think the word I heard was Raw is a No Go due to warranty concerns?
    I was talking about leaving them raw for AGD custom builds, not necessarily to sell to the public.

I'm in

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Raw is maybe possible. I will look into it. Reverse is way less likely, but maybe possible. I'll check that too. Keep the color votes coming too.
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

You don't have to have a zlock.

You do really have to have a mag knowledgeable annodizer though.....

I’d be in for a Blue one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Raw is maybe possible. I will look into it.
    I'll take 100 of them in trade, hit me up. Seriously, I'll only sell them anodized and engraved with serial numbers as complete markers.

Yes, but make them different some how! I'm all for different colors.

I'm good with color purple blue red etc I will buy one of each 😍

I would luv a clear gloss and a purple !!

QUOTE=cudamelland;2921774]Yes, but make them different some how! I'm all for different colors.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see raw valves for people who do custom builds, and green, because green is awesome.

I'd be very interested! A unique lasering would be the icing on the cake.. there's a reason why Tuna valves are so sought after!

Definitely in, regardless of color .
    But personally, I’d love to see a dark green or brown for us “not so loud” players. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Salad Fingers View Post
    Definitely in, regardless of color .
    But personally, I’d love to see a dark green or brown for us “not so loud” players. Haha
    Brass maybe.

I believe a different style of Laser Engraving is a MUST. Trying to tell the difference between older and newer valves otherwise will be difficult unless there is something obvious done to the serial numbers. Scammers or ill-informed will be reselling "like new" as "new" even if they are 20 years old otherwise. Just say, rotating the 'X' 90 or 45 degrees would make it simple to just look at an ebay picture and automatically know.

My personal color requests would be for bright Yellow and then maybe Bright Orange... like a Ferrari, warning sign, or parking cone orange. Those colors were never done before and I'm looking at having two that I currently own redone in those colors. Yellow pops on everything except purple.

Colored valves rarely match the color of the rest of the gun if not a ULE body... a red valve on a red body/frame/rail sounds cool but often its not a match. Often when it is a match, the contrast of another color (black) ends up looking better anyways than a solid color. Most colored valves that I've seen that look good are mounted on black bodies... the purple/red/blue just giving a bit of 'pop'. For this reason, I kinda question how much demand there would really be for a clear/silver valve. Like... what would it actually look good on or better on compared to black? A solid clear/chrome gun maybe? Wouldn't it just make everything look like a Classic/68 valve? Who would rather put a clear polished valve on a blackout gun? I don't think it would look good IMO. The most common color for new builds is going to be murdered out black I bet, so... who would put a silver color valve on that?

I believe the best valve colors would be ones that contrast the other colors (usually black or gray). I can't imagine purple looking good on anything other than a black body anyways. IMO, colors like bright yellow and orange are going to pop the most with bodies that are gunmetal gray, black, etc. Then red perhaps, but not as much 'pop'. I'm not much into blue myself unless its more of a deep royal color.

I would like to toss the idea out though of either a nice gold or bright brass color. Those new Ninja X tanks with bright brass/gold seem to be surprisingly popular. I think gold would really pop on everything, especially black. I'd do gold before 'clear polished silver' at least.
    Last edited by JimBobFett; 01-23-2019 at 04:03 PM.

I like the idea of different lasering to differentiate from the Gen1 colored valves - especially if colors are repeated. Perhaps something as simple as a filled in X, double outlined X, or serial number prefix of VX or such instead of VV.