Thread: How many ENGINEERS are in here?

HyperSnyper Guest

How many ENGINEERS are in here?

Just a curious question,

wanted to know how many engineers are in this forum, I know there are a bunch lurking around.

I am currently a Engineering student about to transfer to USC or UCLA schools of engineering (Hello SC Village). From all of my expereinces with all my hobbies from Martial Arts to Import Drag racing to even Paintball, there always have been an abundance of engineers to share theirs ideas of builing something to its peak performance.

I love their love to share logic and physical principles in which an object worked and what manupulation can be done for more imporvement.

I just wanted all the engineers voices in this froum to be heard.

Let me know all.

-Hyper

im an ME student on my third year. Does this count I tend to tenker and make things. my last endever was a grip fraim that was at a little less of an angle than a z and used actual 45 grips. sadly i didnt get picks before it went to the owner and he sold the gun without me getting them back I really wish i would have kept it because i am thinking about making a new one now.
    Sorry for the spelling. Im still working on it.

I'm an electrical engineer specializing in RF systems for automotive applications. I design car radio type electronics... not the stereos. Stuff like keyless entry and tire pressure monitors.

When I go to a friends house, he lets me play with his choo-choo train, does that count?

contract engineer for a big yellow tractor company. I do air systems work. Filters and such
    http://www.spaceman613.net

http://www.bunkerboyz.com for CCM and your pump paintball needs.

Next year I'm on my way to CalPoly Pomona for Civil engineering. I've always like figurin' out how to make stuff. It was really hard to decide between Civil and Mechanical engineering, because I like to tinker with stuff too. I really should buy o cocker to mess with
    /=== /\/\ [] |< [- |\|
    \==\
    ===/ MINI RETRO LX

I'm 3/4 done with a BS in Computer Science which is an engineering degree... not to be confused with Computer Engineering - which is kinda like an electrical engineering degree with concentration in computers.

BlackVCG is doing MechEng at OIT.

Not really an Engineer as such. I'm doing Architectural Engineering Technology at a local college and then going away to get my degree in Archiecture. But everyone else at my school is doing some form of Engineering so they make us all do a "common first year Engineeering" program.( Can't wait to get into the architecture stuff though!)

im like miscue...cept im ALL done with my BS/CS...wife is BS/CE...doesnt play paintball though

Well, next year, I'll be going to Texas A&M, planning to major in Mechanical Engineering.
    -Gig 'Em Ags!

I'm majoring in Mechanical Engineering and then plan to master in Aerospace Engineering.

manufacturing engineering
    Gecko
    Aka tech
    Chuff
    Chuff

nuclear engineering at Purdue University
    fastn@purdue.edu

I'm at UC San Diego, working on my BS in EE.

I'm a lot like you.. martial arts, paintball, import/domestic drags..
    To do is to be. -Descartes
    To be is to do. -Voltaire
    Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

I'm almost an MSc in telecommunications, all I need is to get started and write my master's thesis...

Technically I'm a machinist but I end up doing plenty of engineering. (and re-engineering when the engineers send us plans for things that can't be built, or just shouldn't be built the way they want them.)

I'm a mechanical engineer I studied mechanical engineering and business management.

manike

Originally posted by Army
    When I go to a friends house, he lets me play with his choo-choo train, does that count?
    NO.

You have to have slogged your way through integration and differentiation and impossible numbers (negative overdrafts not included) for it to count... not to mention knowing the difference between enthalpy and entropy...

There is no such thing as a pink billiard ball... (the one thing I remember most from my thermodynamics courses)...

And you need to know how annoying SHM is... and that's not a misspelling of FHM

It was tough and I hated much of my first two years of the course (maths, maths, more maths and added maths, and maths under a different name just so you didn't suspect it was another maths course, followed by practical maths...) but I am very glad I am an engineer now. One of the best decisions I ever made.

manike

I'm just in my first year or Aerospace engineering, but I am going to switch to Mechainical engineering.

I was an engineering student for a year at NJIT. ME.

Then I left, now I'm an english major, but I'm a marketing assistant at an engineering firm. I have to deal with civil/sanitary engineers on a daily basis.

Here is a tip for all your engineers out there: Learn to write. Half my hours of work are spent turning "engineer-ese" into legible english. I'm not even talking about the technical mumbo-jumbo, I mean basic stuff like commas and spelling words and making actual complete sentences. Its not really all that hard.