Thread: Retro Valve w/ level 10 leak.

Retro Valve w/ level 10 leak.

So I could definitely use some guidance on my issue. Gun is an Automag classic with a Retro Valve an level 10 bolt. It's been about 15 years since any oil or air has been applied.

Went through and replaced all the o-rings, which was definitely needed. But did that and oiled everything. Applied gassed it up and had a leak down the barrel. Figured it was the level 10. So not having the spacers, I went ahead and ordered a new lvl x kit, new on/off, and reg valve bin assembly. Got everything installed and oiled good. Level 10 is set up with no shims and the spacer allowing the least resistance.

Now when aired up up the leak has moved from the front to coming out of the back of the valve through the velocity adjustment hole and a small weep hole directly on top of the valve.

Took the bolt out and gassed it back up, leaked out the front. Which I expected. I have a new regulator piston on the way. Just to cover everything.

So no bolt, leaks out the front. Bolt in, the leak moves to the back of the valve.

Any help in trying to solve this is much appreciated.

leaking out the vent hole is the regulator pin assembly, leaking out the back of the velocity adjustment is either you have it screwed in too far or you need a new regulator piston.

back your velocity adjuster out until the leak quits and see if it fires and if you can get it up to your desired velocity without it leaking, if it won't do that you need a new regulator piston.

Vintage thanks for the input.

I have had the velocity all the way in and all the way out with no luck on fixing the leak. Glad I went ahead and ordered a new piston before posting.

Also forgot to mention that I can get the gun to cycle if the trigger is held when gassing it up. Of course the leak is still there. Not sure if this matters in my case or not.

Does suck that if the leak from the vent hole means a bad regulator pin assembly, seeing how the one I have in there is new.

Quote Originally Posted by cbstalter View Post
    Vintage thanks for the input.

I have had the velocity all the way in and all the way out with no luck on fixing the leak. Glad I went ahead and ordered a new piston before posting.

Also forgot to mention that I can get the gun to cycle if the trigger is held when gassing it up. Of course the leak is still there. Not sure if this matters in my case or not.

Does suck that if the leak from the vent hole means a bad regulator pin assembly, seeing how the one I have in there is new.
    You have to check the oring fit on the reg pin. Some of these orings the spec sucks and they are too loose. Take the orings off and check them on the other side of the pin for correct fit. They should be just snug. No need to buy another pin.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart