Thread: Trigger preferences

Trigger preferences

I am looking to get a new trigger for an intelliframe. I like the original blade that came on the intelliframe, but the new style blades look intriguing due to the added roller bearing. Anyone have any experience with these new style of triggers. Your comments are greatly appreciated.Name:  53EBA365-164F-4E55-AC96-667A3222D712.jpeg
Views: 356
Size:  9.3 KBName:  6B380F05-F820-4569-A200-AACA809DCE9B.jpeg
Views: 359
Size:  14.0 KB

Unfortunately, I have not. Only familiar with the older style blade trigger AGD offered.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I recently got the new Yin trigger from AGD for my Tac One. Haven’t used it in a game yet but test firing in the back yard I really enjoyed it, it felt very natural and was easy to sweet spot my xvalve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a roller bearing, that would be nice and make sense. Instead what you get is a brass insert that has been pushed in and in some cases deburred/filed AFTER installation, putting a nice rash on the anodizing of the trigger...

Do it right AGD, RPG had this figured out years ago. RPG triggers were the best ever offered for the Automag, nothing else has come close.
    Steve Shuey , Team Crimson Reign

Quote Originally Posted by AGDRetro View Post
    RPG triggers were the best ever offered for the Automag, nothing else has come close.
    Because of the roller bearing? Shape? What made them the best?

Traditionally AGD has never had a very fancy trigger. All AGD triggers have been pretty basic and simply pivot on the pin with nothing exceptional in the mix. Primarily because there is no real performance reason for additions like roller bearings. Those items don't typically add any performance, but add cost. In an effort to keep costs down we opt to not create items that add cost with little to no improvement in performance. I suppose we could create an expensive trigger for the fun of it, however we are having a tough enough time maintaining stock parts. Our current run of triggers did encounter some sizing issues and we had to remedy it with the brass bushing. Some do require a deburring. The insert has to be pressed after the anodize. Something we can't avoid. We'll see for future runs, but I doubt we'll make anything more complicated or expensive.

Sandman
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Quote Originally Posted by AGDRetro View Post
    It's not a roller bearing, that would be nice and make sense. Instead what you get is a brass insert that has been pushed in and in some cases deburred/filed AFTER installation, putting a nice rash on the anodizing of the trigger...

Do it right AGD, RPG had this figured out years ago. RPG triggers were the best ever offered for the Automag, nothing else has come close.
    if you are thinking the roller bearing was the best, i would disagree, brand new they were nifty but didnt offer much of a difference from a good clean trigger pin and a clean trigger pin hole on a trigger without a bearing.
    bearings fail. everyone ive had a bearing in has failed. these tiny bearings arnt hard to find but arent the cheapest.

Somebody alot smarter than all of us already figured out that a bearing is not needed and a waste of money.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

The bearing was just a nice touch, it was really that combines woth the profile options and the trigger post and pre travel stops that made the real improvement. That being said to rule out the bearing as useless because one person didn't think it made a significant difference is silly when 14 years later it is pretty much common fare on all high end guns. I mean some people didn't see any merit in low pressure though...

As already stated, it is a brass insert, not a bearing.

I just bought the ying trigger with brass insert. It acts exactly like the original one . The advantage is that I really like the curve of the trigger. It feels better to me then just a flat trigger.

Luke has a trigger I like , although I cant think of the name of it.

I have one on a Mini vert.

Also the triggers that come on the double trigger frame M86 V2 are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Luke has a trigger I like , although I cant think of the name of it.

I have one on a Mini vert.

Also the triggers that come on the double trigger frame M86 V2 are nice.

Argo or Acis?

I like Magnus triggers. Wonder when Magnus will release anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam V View Post
    Argo or Acis?

Katana...